IGNORED

Willie Mcstay? - Well He's Mcgone......

Mendip City

The FA have an agenda regarding EPPP, they want the best players at the biggest clubs and there will be only a few club will get awarded Category 1 status. Probably the top 4 + Liverpool, Spurs, WHAM & a couple of others.

Championship clubs like Birmingham, Leicester etc, etc, will get Category 2 and smaller clubs, like us, will get Category 3. All L2 clubs will be Category 4.

Although we have everything that is required for Category 2 status, I have a feeling we aren't part of the FAs C2 agenda.

a bit cynical but who knows,

Has anybody got a list of who has been awarded what in terms of Cat 1, 2 and 3

I know Yeovil Wycombe and Hereford folded their youth teams as a result be intrested if others have followed suit,

There have been a few people leaving this new setup, not just 1.

I wonder why. I haven't had a pop at anyone, i was wondering why this new setup which was heralded as the way forward is suddenly changing, all these good coaches that are the future of our club seem to go pretty quickly. It is slightly concerning if we cannot hold on to what we were told were top coaches.

I don't why you are wondering? As others have said SO'd is the gaffer and given that we accept that as a good context its far better he has people he prefers at the club. On the other hand McStay may have wanted to leave. Either way, there is no hidden agenda here as you seem to be questioning.

What would you rather have, the situation where previous managers had to work with what they were dealt or one where the man in charge builds his entire team from top to bottom?

There is more than one good coach.

a bit cynical but who knows,

Has anybody got a list of who has been awarded what in terms of Cat 1, 2 and 3

I know Yeovil Wycombe and Hereford folded their youth teams as a result be intrested if others have followed suit,

All clubs will know their status on June 20th.

IIRC, there will be 10 or 11 C1 (possibly as low as 8), 15 or so C2 and the rest will be C3/C4.

The FA have an agenda on EPPP and I will be pleasantly surprised if we manage to claim C2.

All clubs will know their status on June 20th.

IIRC, there will be 10 or 11 C1 (possibly as low as 8), 15 or so C2 and the rest will be C3/C4.

The FA have an agenda on EPPP and I will be pleasantly surprised if we manage to claim C2.

you can't say they have an agenda until we see the results,

But something has to change in this countrys youth devlopment thats for sure,

I'm no expert on the spanish or germans set ups but how does the new EPPP compare to what these two country have? both have great track records of devloping players ( or we may well just be in each's golden generation),

Another man (McInness man or otherwise) brought here by McInness leaves...That gets my vote!

How many left?

I really wont be happy until the whole sorry bunch have been eradicated and replaced. This club had not been relegated for 14 years and this lot managed to make it a certainty in two partial seasons...Get rid soon as possible is my thought.

Aberdeen is waiting for you all!! Please **** off there!

Where's the moaning? What's been pointed out is we've seen the same rhetoric and bluster from the club before, and we are seeing the same again, without any of the promised results, for the umpteenth time.

We have according to some/many/whoever, just been unlucky to get relegated and have a great head coach (whose actual record is middling at best) going forward, and will be a force next season, despite no evidence whatsoever that this is the case and that this isnt reshuffle 9.3million in about 4 years. That people still believe after being messed about and over promised to and under delivered to. is just something I cannot get. Especially when each new dawn creates nothing but further muddle and is contra whatever the board says from one moment to the next dependent on flip flopping

Listen to Oddball dude...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fIQPkCR4E6k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

you can't say they have an agenda until we see the results,

But something has to change in this countrys youth devlopment thats for sure,

I'm no expert on the spanish or germans set ups but how does the new EPPP compare to what these two country have? both have great track records of devloping players ( or we may well just be in each's golden generation),

My guess would be:

C1- Ars, AV, Che, Eve, Liv, MC, MU, Sou, TH, WHU

C2- CP, DC, Ful, IT, LU, LC, Mid, NU, NoCi, QPR, Rea, StC, Sun, SwC, Wat, WBA, WA, WW

C3- Barn, BiC, BlR, Bla, BW, BHA, BrC, Burn, CaC, ChAt, CrA, HT, HC, Mil, PU, ShU, SW

C4- All other clubs.

Obviously depending if clubs are willing to meet the financial implications.

My guess would be:

C2- CP, DC, Ful, IT, LU, LC, Mid, NU, NoCi, QPR, Rea, StC, Sun, SwC, Wat, WBA, WA, WW

C3- Barn, BiC, BlR, Bla, BW, BHA, BrC, Burn, CaC, ChAt, CrA, HT, HC, Mil, PU, ShU, SW

C4- All other clubs.

Some of your guesses are already wrong... Fulham, Stoke City and Sunderland have all been allocated to Category One.

Swansea already failed their Cat 2.Obviously can reapply though.

Surprised the Willie news only just come out, was let go at least a fortnight ago.

Perhaps they didn't want to announce it until his replacement was lined up. Wouldn't be surprised to hear more on that soon.

I'd surprised if Tinman came back, a lot went on behind the scenes before and after his departure.

Personally, forgetting Brian's highs and lows at the club previously, I've heard only very positive things of his work on Spain and the model he has been following is indeed a huge success.

If we are to move forward and City offer it's younger staff the best route forward, then Brian is the man for the job.

This certainly would not be a jobs for the boys appointment.

My guess would be:

C4- All other clubs.

With respect you are a bit out there. All teams who run a Youth System from U11 up, like Rovers, are Category 3 for starters. Category 4 means you can only have an Under 17/18 team - that will only be a handful of clubs. Most of your clubs in Category 3 will be Category 2 subject to passing the audit obviously. West Brom will be Category 1. Swansea City have failed their Category 2 audit.

I don't why you are wondering? As others have said SO'd is the gaffer and given that we accept that as a good context its far better he has people he prefers at the club. On the other hand McStay may have wanted to leave. Either way, there is no hidden agenda here as you seem to be questioning.

What would you rather have, the situation where previous managers had to work with what they were dealt or one where the man in charge builds his entire team from top to bottom?

There is more than one good coach.

Take a look at Ralphs posts about change, and it shouldn't be for the manager to decide. I am not going to write it out again. But it is a case of setting things up not following it through, now things will get changed again. If SOD is sacked is it all change again?

Take a look at Ralphs posts about change, and it shouldn't be for the manager to decide. I am not going to write it out again. But it is a case of setting things up not following it through, now things will get changed again. If SOD is sacked is it all change again?

yes but he won't. that is football.

Well by those grounds SO'D would have to go, seeing as his record here is worse than Del's? So where is your caveat in that case? Unless you are suggesting he goes too?

As for same coaching and staff that achieved relegation. That would be down to the points gained on the pitch following a manager's/headcoaches directions, surely. The idea of coaches and such like is to improve skills, maintain fitness etc. help develop players personally and professionally etc. How have the ones released failed on that score?. They dont play the matches nor select the team or the tactics

How many times does it have to be stated SO'D couldn't play the system he wanted because of the situation we were in and we will be playing a completely different system next season, So why keep banging on about his record being worse than dels. You sir in my opinion know absolutely **** all about football and quite honestly you embarrass yourself with constant negative posts.

How many times does it have to be stated SO'D couldn't play the system he wanted because of the situation we were in and we will be playing a completely different system next season, So why keep banging on about his record being worse than dels. You sir in my opinion know absolutely **** all about football and quite honestly you embarrass yourself with constant negative posts.

I think you have got this completely wrong, SOD said he was playing his system that he wanted the whole squad to be fully conversant with and would not change that, he went on to say that many of the players had not yet grasped that system but he was going to persist come what may, myself and a few others actually questioned this philosophy especially as it was widely being reported a majority of the squad would be moving on and favoured a 'let's go for it approach'.

The article makes it abundantly clear that McStay RESIGNED having notified City of his intention to leave. Therefore nothing to do with "The Manager" booting him out. I thought that would be the case but sadly one or two have jumped to conclusions without knowing the facts. Why did he resign? I suppose only Willie McStay knows that but there is little a club can do if an unhappy employee wants to leave is there?

Perhaps the answer is to give SOD and the new staff time to bed in and go from there.

Welcome it why exactly?, he is as unproven as a coach at a football league club as he was to manage a football league club.

He did set up an Academy in Spain for Charlton Athletic if my memory serves me correct. And then set up his own Academy.Makes him qualified to some degree I would have said. What specific Academy Coaching experience did Alex Russell have before making what appears to be a success of the job last season?

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Geordie+in+exile+hopes+Toon+can+make+it+a+double+celebration%3B+United...-a0223273855

A GEORDIE who played alongside Gazza when Newcastle United triumphantly lifted the FA Youth Cup, Brian Tinnion now calls the swish, upmarket Spanish resort of Malaga home sweet home.

He has left behind the grey drab days of an English winter to open the Costa Futbol Academy based at the magnificent Campo Municipal de Futbol Miguel Fijones in Alhaurin el Grande.

Tinnion's departure to sunnier climes came about through gradual progression.

"I had set up a soccer academy at Alicante for Charlton and later a second in Malaga, but after they lost their Premier League status and suffered two relegations all that went to the wall," explained Brian.

"However, when I left the manager's job at Bristol City I decided to move out here and open my own academy. I love coaching kids more than anything else.

"That's what I enjoyed most at Bristol and I would have stayed at that level.

"I've got two sides, under-11s and under-15s, playing in the Spanish leagues. They are made up mainly of ex-pats though I have one or two Spanish kids.

"The under-11s are second-top and they have some real players, proper players. I have an official link with Everton - they have first shout on my players and I scout in La Liga for them. I'm taking three of my lads to Goodison in the summer."

Reading that it appears he had one season of Coaching the Under 15's before landing the Under 21 position. And as I said before he seems to be doing a very good job. You could argue that Tinnion has more coaching experience. Not arguing that he is better than Russell but it may answer the question about whether he is qualified to do the job based on his coaching experience.

I'm sure Brian Tinnion can't just walk through the door and get the job without showing that he capable. So if he has convinced the likes of SOD and Keith Burt that he is up to it then maybe we should accept their opinion on that. Tinnion is not one of their "boys" as to my knowledge he has never worked under them before so you can't use the term "jobs for the boys" in this instance.

Archived