IGNORED

Willie Mcstay? - Well He's Mcgone......

Mendip City

He did set up an Academy in Spain for Charlton Athletic if my memory serves me correct. And then set up his own Academy.Makes him qualified to some degree I would have said. What specific Academy Coaching experience did Alex Russell have before making what appears to be a success of the job last season?

of course only time will tell, I find it just a little hard to swallow the nonsense spouted about the way DMC changed the academy and the way SOD is continuing that good work. How do we know?, the results of the academy changes can only ever be assessed in about 3/4 years time when players are seamlessly making the step up to 1st team football, that will be the time to praise DMC and SOD with reference to the academy and with that in mind Tinnion will have to be judged in the same way and not because he was an ex player.

of course only time will tell, I find it just a little hard to swallow the nonsense spouted about the way DMC changed the academy and the way SOD is continuing that good work. How do we know?, the results of the academy changes can only ever be assessed in about 3/4 years time when players are seamlessly making the step up to 1st team football, that will be the time to praise DMC and SOD with reference to the academy and with that in mind Tinnion will have to be judged in the same way and not because he was an ex player.

I agree that you cannot judge effectiveness of the changes made in the short term because most of the older players have initially been brought through the old system anyway (although it hasn't harmed Joe Bryan). And I'm sure the judgement calls made on the likes of Alex Russell and Brian Tinnion, if he gets the job, will be based on Coaching performance and not past affiliation with the club.

How many times, does the manager blame the tools rather than getting on with it? Train them in to his way of thinking and use that. They do get time on the pitch and are not automotons. Here's the training we will play this way. All I'm hearing is can't, couldn't, won't and we're unable. Basically excuses rather than sorting things out and actually getting on with it, we shouldn't pay any attention to what everyone else expects of us, because we aren't everyone else, and should be more concerned with doing rather than celebrating and hyping up, thinking or strategising about it.

Saying we cant play this way because of the situation we were in is like saying we are hostage to our own fortune and must subscribe to our own stereotype. What's the worst that could have happened? we finished adrift and bottom of the league. Oh, wait! We had the chance to start implementing and playing a new way in competetive games, and get ready for the season ahead with some of the playing staff who would remain at the club, meaning that they wouldn't be coming in cold for the next season. We didnt, came out with same old things, we cant do this because we are here. What we should have done, is gone we are doing this. it will help us in the future, if we go down we go down we will be better prepared for next season, because we are used to the new way of doing things

I keep banging on about the 'record' because. despite all the bluster and bravado and constant whinging about things are sooo much better or will be. They aren't. Nothing has realistically changed. We have a new, new, new, new, new, new vision yet, we are falling into the same trap again, by not using things to actually change and make it so that the club can go forward. I've given plenty of easily implementable changes that would serve us well who ever is manager. yet, all I'm hearing from posters such as youself is how we are stuck by this and stuck by that or whatever the excuse of the week is.

We, Bristol City have the power to change in our own hands, however we have been and still are too scared to do so.

Fear of relegation paralysed the club for at least the last two seasons, and ultimately helped to send us down, and now we are all about new beginnings and whatever, without actually doing anything new. One man has the say, and we are still paying for the legacy the last ' The One'. There should be no, 'The One', there should be a strategy that transcends single people and is progressive and dynamic enough to be in place, whoever is head coach or manager.

I said when we were looking for a new manager we should look left field do something different and give us the chance to empower ourselves, instead we are repeating the same thing over and over, Sorry, for not getting enthused when we consistently and repeatedly do the same thing with a slightly different spin and expect all the issues to be solved.

Your constructive and discussive posts are where? Easier to attack another poster for deigning to have a different view rather than the same old same old and not provide anything positive or even entertain something new isnt it? Way to up the positivity ante!

I can't wait for the you don't know you don't attend discussion to spark up or whatever other 'fantastic' justification that people seem to hold dear. It's more negative and serves to cement our own positions, than I will ever be. Don't denegrate, offer solutions, provide answers, get us out of this mess. Don't wait for someone to wave the magic wand and do it for us! Simple

So completely restructuring the club from top to bottom and changing the football philosophy isn't left field enough then. These things take time, nobody has a magic wand to make everything ok. Here's a left field idea. Why not give O'driscoll and his newly formed backroom team at least a year before passing judgement. If in a years time we are not playing attractive football with a younger squad and a rejuvenated academy, plus also plans in place for a revamped Ashton and the long term future of the club in safe hands then by all means vent your spleen. But until then please keep your dour outlook on things to yourself.

I agree that you cannot judge effectiveness of the changes made in the short term because most of the older players have initially been brought through the old system anyway (although it hasn't harmed Joe Bryan). And I'm sure the judgement calls made on the likes of Alex Russell and Brian Tinnion, if he gets the job, will be based on Coaching performance and not past affiliation with the club.

Well let's hope so because I fear when Tinnion got the managers job and Millen got his coaching, assistant and managers job that thought process was clearly lacking.

As for Joe Bryan again time will tell, pretty meagre pickings overall though really.

You've missed my point,never mind. Just to reiterate. SO'D should have had no need to bring his 'own' team in, and re structure for the umpteenth time as both Millen (proto- 5 Pillars etc) and Del's teams were 'assembled' under the similar auspices. Yet, here we are again with another change which is about the 4th or 5th turn over of staff in 3 years. There simply is no continuity of ideas.

The idea is that 'a Manager', any manager should be able to fit 'neatly' in the system and not have to rebuild and replace all of the time, which is what we continue to do despite the board (whoever it is at the time) proclaiming this time we will do things differently and changing the philosophy once again. That doesn't take time to implement nor should it have a barrage of xyz reasons as to why it shouldn't or can't or won't be done. It's simple, able to adapt and grow or whatever and serves us well going forward.

However we appear incapable of this, requiring complete blind faith in giving the next person time ( and you want them to be immune from critique which is the completely oddest way of thinking ever. "Yeah every things fine, it will be brilliant, despite no evidence to say it will be and things not going even well, but it will come good honest guv" It's head buried in the sand time. Constant reappraisal, continues to give focus and allows things to be changed and altered rather than sitting on the 'same dream' and wishing. You have to be prepared to overcome and adapt. you want us just to be acolytes following empty rhetoric because that's what is expected? Nah. I'll pass, coming up with a different way of getting us going!) despite having done nothing to have earn't it with us (see the referral back to performances over results if you dont want to go down the 'stats' ratio. Simply we haven't performed!).

If it doesnt work, we rip it apart and try something else for the next one? It's no wonder we are a complete mess, and so the cycle continues without a need to break it because 'it works' When it doesnt work at all.

Re the 'rejuvenated' academy, the academy has always produced, I've proven this time and again and our own stubbornness and fear of promoting from within (as also shown) has swayed many into thinking it's a dead loss, when it isn't and never has been. Again we had the chance to blood at the end of last season, they got sent on loan instead, and then recalled ( when things were out of our management's control because they were expecting one thing and got another!) and cameo'ed when back instead of being a defining fixture giving them matchday experience as we were 'always' going down the mix of youth/ up and coming next season. Yet again wonderous long term planning by our lot.

Simple straightforward solutions, will help, not overcomplicating things unecessarilty and hiding behind excuses. If we get it wrong we get around it, we change and adapt to make sure the mistake is rectified and we learn from the experience. Not continue to forever muddy the waters whilst doing not very much other than the usual yet again.

I wouldn't bother Ralph, people do not want to read what you write, they want to respond to what they think you wrote.

The main site says in the article about the new lad signing schoolboy forms. That the New under 18 coach is Alex Ball. So what is Alex Russell role going to be at the club with us looking for a new u21 Coach.

Under 19's coach

It seems to me until and unless it is revealed whether it's a case of Willie McSacked or Willie McJacked any analysis of whether or not the news is consistent with the "Five Pillars" will be fruitless.

It seems to me that if he has been removed to make way for SO'D's chosen man then we have inconsistency BUT if he has been lured back to the Land of his Birth by Derek or a love of all things deep-fried, and the Club subsequently invites SO'D's recommendation(s) to fill the void then there is no case to answer.

Our difficulty as supporters (or even as spectators or customers) the result will be the same - an incumbent replaced by SO'D's choice BUT we simply cannot conclude that SO'D can only work with his own (as others before him) or that when SO'D departs we must again clear the decks.

Having said all of this - the loudest voices on this forum have consistently called for clean slate but whenever someone goes that seems to be wrong too!

I think I'm getting the hang of it though:

Bristol City have been relegated = every decision was wrong = every decision maker is an idiot = every decision will continue to be wrong = all that leave should have stayed and all that stay should have left.

Does that sum it up?

Bristol City have been relegated = every decision was wrong = every decision maker is an idiot = every decision will continue to be wrong = all that leave should have stayed and all that stay should have left.

Does that sum it up?

Sums it up very well, except you should not have typed "have been relegated" after "Bristol City".

Archived