IGNORED

Police Wanting Help

richwwtk

I've been punched,kicked, hit with a Baton had dogs snarling at me and police on horses pushing me along, all this by the Police.

All this just for being at a football match, I wonder if we could have mugshots of these "officers of the law" put up for US to see?

Many a time I've been told to " fxxk off" when I've asked for the policeman's number ( which always seem to be hidden), the West Midlands force spring to mind.

It seems that me being at a football match seems to give them the right to do whatever they want to me.

Yes, I expect quite a few of these lads did wrong, but I bet the provocation from the Police won't be taken into consideration.

Portland Bill,

Your right on the number front, when i saw the mounted policeman hit the innocent city fan around the head, this made me really angry, i was asking policemen around me what is that officers number, as obviously he was on a horse so i couldnt see.

The best answer i got from them was "**** off and keep moving", another was "Move or you will get hit"

I thought by law they had to say what the number of the officer was?

Paedophiles generally don't get caught committing their acts on CCTV but I'm fairly certain that if they did they would get a hell of a lot more than these guys. Also I repeat, they have not been accused of anything, they are not being punished, they are just people the police are looking for at the moment.

Naive. The EP is running pictures with an article about a wrecking spree drug taking hooligans etc. People there know the score its bullshit but those reading it will be making their own minds up about it. Everybody there will know that some will have done nothing and when they get off the EP etc will do nothing to put that right but police will have done their damage v the evil football hooligans.

If you start being idiots then you are no fan of BCFC. I don't know anyone there but if you do...

If you're out there causing trouble then you're not one of our own. You're a sad deluded fool who really should take a long hard look at themselves and realise they're being a tw*t

There are a few comments about not grassing on City fans.

Firstly, if they are guilty, then they are not really City fans. They are just hooligans. If they are not guilty of anything, then they will be cleared.

Second, it’s because of the trouble caused at Cardiff matches by hooligans that the bubble travel arrangement was imposed. No one wants the bubble, so if you want normal travel arrangements when we next play Cardiff, the hooligans have got to go.

Why is it that being a hooligan automatically means you aren't a City fan? Surely one can be both?

I've been punched,kicked, hit with a Baton had dogs snarling at me and police on horses pushing me along, all this by the Police.

All this just for being at a football match, I wonder if we could have mugshots of these "officers of the law" put up for US to see?

Many a time I've been told to " fxxk off" when I've asked for the policeman's number ( which always seem to be hidden), the West Midlands force spring to mind.

It seems that me being at a football match seems to give them the right to do whatever they want to me.

Yes, I expect quite a few of these lads did wrong, but I bet the provocation from the Police won't be taken into consideration.

Nottinghamshire police force springs to mind as well.. seasons after the problems involving a certain wine bar. Spoiling for it with City fans after our 3-2 defeat up there but then put their actions down to 'zero tolerance'.

Thats the one bcfcbs20, 3 seconds in you can see him facing the camera.

I also thought that police were advised not to aim for peoples heads?

Lew-T, they might not have been, but the man that was hit was doing nothing. Hitting someone over the head with a baton, makes the situation worse, not better.

How do you know? Were you there? He could of done something before to deserve a wack around the head. Only my opinion, not all coppers are bad.

How do you know? Were you there? He could of done something before to deserve a wack around the head. Only my opinion, not all coppers are bad.

Yes, i was there, i saw him get hit by the officer. I was probably about 10 foot away from him, as i was walking along the road.

He wasnt involved in the pushing and shoving. I guess, for him, it was a case of the wrong place at the wrong time.

yes, the policing at football matches can be ridiculously heavy handed and over the top, and any police that are able to be identified and caught doing some of these things should be punished as well. But it doesn't excuse the pathetic people that glory in causing trouble and it's their fault in the first place that the attitude of the police at football matches is, some of the time, awful.

Rid the game of these idiots and the policing will calm down. If it was all down to the police enjoying beating people for no reason then you would see it at every major event where policing is required but, for some reason I can't fathom, you only get it at events where a minority of the people are out for trouble. Can anyone else work that one out?

It's not their job to decide who does and doesn't deserve to have their head cracked open.

If there's a punishment to be levied on someone for breaking the law it's for the courts to decide, not a charged up copper on a horse meting out summary justice.

They wouldn't get away with it with hardly anyone else in our society but football fans are fair game.

I wonder if any of the people saying they wouldn't "grass" have ever complained about bubble trips or ticket prices.

I don't want to be in a society where (we don't know the details of this/these specific incident/s) people get away with causing trouble. If I can do anything to prevent that (that doesn't get me into bother) I would.

I'd love to understand why not helping police is like a badge of pride to some on here. You don't like the police because they don't help you much? Maybe try helping them when you can and we might end the them vs us situation. You start with a bad attitude and you get it back. That's for both "sides" too. Why don't you want people punished for committing crime if they deserve to be?

Also does "grassing" extend to the police? You let bad cops be violent by refusing to help deal with it.

Just to play devils advocate these men have not yet been charged with any offence, so until they are I will refrain from calling them idiots, morons, hooligans blah blah blah.

Get off your high horses people.

The way the police handled the entire day was ridiculous and dangerous. They need to take their share of the blame, and do their job not ask the public to do it for them.

Just to play devils advocate these men have not yet been charged with any offence, so until they are I will refrain from calling them idiots, morons, hooligans blah blah blah.

Get off your high horses people.

The way the police handled the entire day was ridiculous and dangerous. They need to take their share of the blame, and do their job not ask the public to do it for them.

THIS

I wonder if any of the people saying they wouldn't "grass" have ever complained about bubble trips or ticket prices.

I don't want to be in a society where (we don't know the details of this/these specific incident/s) people get away with causing trouble. If I can do anything to prevent that (that doesn't get me into bother) I would.

I'd love to understand why not helping police is like a badge of pride to some on here. You don't like the police because they don't help you much? Maybe try helping them when you can and we might end the them vs us situation. You start with a bad attitude and you get it back. That's for both "sides" too. Why don't you want people punished for committing crime if they deserve to be?

Also does "grassing" extend to the police? You let bad cops be violent by refusing to help deal with it.

And I don't want to live in a society where innocent men have their faces splashed all over the internet and are branded as hooligans, innocent until proven guilty unless you happen to attend a football match then guilt can be assumed? Absolute horse shit

You have to expect that sort of thing when you go along to a Monkeh personal appearance!

And I don't want to live in a society where innocent men have their faces splashed all over the internet and are branded as hooligans, innocent until proven guilty unless you happen to attend a football match then guilt can be assumed? Absolute horse shit

... and there were pictures of those two men in Woolwich, but hey, they've not been found guilty yet either so at this stage they too are innocent. Thing about this is that the police want to question these guys and it may be that charges are brought once identities are known. Surely it would make it impossible for the police to work if they weren't able to ask the public for help in tracking down suspects?

The behaviour of police at football matches is at times unacceptable and they don't seem to be very good at (or don't want to) discriminate between people trying to get out of the way and people causing trouble. Have any of the people with tales of barbaric acts from the fuzz complained to the IPCC? I believe that if there are a certain number of complaints about a particular event or incident they have to investigate. Baring in mind that most of these events seem to have been provoked by police brutality or tactics, you would think that every away side that visits every place should have reason to complain and the weight of evidence would be building against these police forces

The police haven't branded them and neither did I. The police stated that they wanted to question them.

I'm pretty embarrassed that so many are using the "grass" word so freely.

And we question what is wrong with this country.[/quote

Im embarrassed people are so willing to accept that the police can just throw out a load of mug shots, with no crime listed against any of them, and people seem happy to throw them to the wolves.

]

Im embarrassed people are so willing to accept that the police can just throw out a load of mug shots, with no crime listed against any of them, and people seem happy to throw them to the wolves.

Nobody is throwing them to the wolves. The only people that are suggesting they are assumed as guilty are the people claiming we should never 'grass'.

There is no crime listed against any of them because they are not accused of anything (yet). They are merely people that the police want to speak to.

Archived