IGNORED

Lions V Baabaas

westred1

Wow, absolutely buzzing after Beales slip - too many jägers bloody alcoholic!!

North outstanding, Halfpenny reliable as always, Corbs played well in the scrummage and open play as did POC. Heaslip wasn't too bad either.

Oh, and Tom Youngs - outstanding.

Warburton hardly led from the front but a wins a win!

Australia didn't like the bulk of the Lions, 3 stretchered off! Quads Cooper will surely be called. I tipped Folau to shine today although Stuart Barnes had identified him as a weak link - £60 first try scorer cheers!

Will Genia man of the match for me - completely outshone Mike Phillips and he controlled the Wallaby tempo.

I'd change the whole back row for the next game. Houdini was okay in the loose and lineout so maybe harsh on him, but Croft and Warburton were pretty anonymous, totally outplayed by their opposite numbers. Lydiate and Tipuric please! Phillips played like a drain. Youngs to start with Murray on the bench next week, though I expect Phillips will be retained.

One of the most worrying aspects was the drop in quality in the front row once the replacements were made, I thought it'd be an area of strength but not so, Vunipola in particular had a nightmare. Much for Fatty Gatty to ponder.

On a more positive note, the starting tight five went very well, particularly Youngs and POC and we've won a game that we maybe didn't deserve to. After Burger wasn't sent off for his attempted blinding of Fitzy four years ago we were due a bit of good luck! Shouldn't get away from the fact that if the Aussies had 1/2p (or Sextoy or Farrell 2.0 for that matter) they would probably have won the game though...

Hopefully Joubert will referee the breakdown properly next week. G'wan Lions!

The good:

Both Youngs, particularly Tom

POC

AWJ

North

Sextoy

1/2p (goal kicking)

Adam Jones

The bad:

Phillips

Vunipola

Pollock

Hibbard

The meh:

Cole

Warbunny

Houdini

Croft

Cuthbert (good try, little else, awful knock on first half)

Agree with you, Lewis, how good was Genia? He monstered Phillips. Not sure Deans will call up Quade though since JOC and Beale came through unscathed. Maybe Morohan will come into contention after his performance for the Reds?

Can't disagree too much.

Michael, I can see Deans calling him up because Barnes, McCabe and Leali'fano getting injured. O'Connor is more effective at 15 and 13 so Cooper could slot in at 10.

Should have included Corbisiero in the 'good' column too, good in the tight and some decent carries on the loose, the drop-off from him to Vunipola was huge in the second half. Hope to see Jones and Corbisiero stay on the pitch longer next week. Didn't include BOD or Davies either but thought both did okay. Fatty Gatty's game plan doesn't leave them much room to stand out. Sounds like Bowe is fit for next week too, so Maitland will drop out of the 23.

I'm not sure that Deans is willing to back down over Cooper, whatever the situation. We'll see.

I keep watching north's try, over and over again. It's so good!!!

Folau's two aren't a bad watch either.

This is why test rugby is leagues above international football. Games like that!

Just got Eng v Arg tickets for my 21st in November, can't contain my excitement aha!

I keep watching north's try, over and over again. It's so good!!!

Folau's two aren't a bad watch either.

This is why test rugby is leagues above international football. Games like that!

Just got Eng v Arg tickets for my 21st in November, can't contain my excitement aha!

Steady.. A very short memory you have boy

There is no way we should have been in the position of losing that game anyway. The aussies were there for the taking,only some poor decision making and some bad luck cost us putting that game to bed earlier on. We will win the series 3-0 easy.

Horwill should have got 2-3 weeks for that. But the devision to not ban him is not his fault and by all accounts he a good bloke so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

I'd rather Paulie sat the rest of the tour out. If his arm is broken then playing will do him no good at all. Court is a far better scrummager than people think (he's not a tight head so you can discount the horror show vs England) but as you say, he's only there because he was already in Brisbane.

Hope corbisiero is fit. I'd be very nervous if not given how poor Vunipola was on Saturday.

Archived