IGNORED

Trouble At Football.

JOSH17

For the older lot

I'm just reading Chris browns book, he reckons city got smashed by the gas on the EE but I'm told Rovers never got on there??

What's the truth?

Correct...i was there, not a total take over but a bloody good go,......not as good as we did at their tump !....and we did used to join up, was in the white lion* at eastville before the gas played Villa, more city wearing colours than gas, all on the tote to give villa a dig, sadly the gas started having a pop at us.....cheers then, ALWAYS Hated them since

*or was it the black lion ??? think it turned into a social club for Unigate, or am i having a bad day !

I remember that well - it was a League Cup game towards the end of August, and my Dad (a Bath City fan) suggested that we pop over to Ashton Gate to watch the match, as we'd not seen much football for a few months. I think City won.

After the match we were stuck in the traffic on Coronation Road and could hear the Cardiff fans causing carnage, and getting closer to where we were. Dustbins were thrown through windows, and I believe that a couple of cars were overturned. We could do nothing but sit in the car with our fingers crossed - they ran straight past us, maybe because Dad's car was blue! I think that the number of arrests was a record in England at that time, and one of the Cardiff fans arrested was the nephew of the great John Charles, ex Cardiff player. It was plastered all across the front of the Western Daily Press the next morning, and Dad hid the paper so that Mum wouldn't give him a rollicking for taking me to the game - he got his come uppance when the evening news came on though! :whistle:

I've got the paper somewhere as I'm in it, braces and all!

didn't oxford have a good go one year late 60s

******* came in wearing yellow construction helmets.....yes......they had a Pwappa go, i was about thirteen at the time....shit myselfe, fighting all around, all i wanted to do was sing !!! Worse though was pompey probs the same year, they had a right go, remember some nutter hit one of ours with a meat cleaver, took his ear off and a lot of his face......happy days ... :ph34r:

Ah, I remember now, although I thought the trouble was outside the ground after the game. I do recall it also made the national news the next morning.

Before the game He reckons Gas were in a pub called the 'star', City fired into them then backed off when a load more Rovers came accross the Park, they then got on the East End and gave City a good hiding. He does not say about what happened after.

Which pub was the star?

He reckons Gas were in a pub called the 'star', City fired into them then backed off when a load more Rovers came accross the Park, they then got on the East End and gave City a good hiding.

Which pub was the star?

He reckons Gas were in a pub called the 'star', City fired into them then backed off when a load more Rovers came accross the Park, they then got on the East End and gave City a good hiding.

Which pub was the star?

Wedlocks.

Anybody remember going to hereford in about 84? Went up in a transvit van with about 15 pissed up nutters in with just me and my little mate (we were green behind the gills 16 year olds) ended up in a park in town with a fairground with 2 other city van loads there and scraps galore going on everywhere.memorys not clear because it was the first time id had a proper drink I think we won the game 1 or 2 nil but ive never been there since and cant even remember what the ground was vaguely like.it must have been the old div4 days I don't think hereford got higher than that.

Anybody remember going to hereford in about 84? Went up in a transvit van with about 15 pissed up nutters in with just me and my little mate (we were green behind the gills 16 year olds) ended up in a park in town with a fairground with 2 other city van loads there and scraps galore going on everywhere.memorys not clear because it was the first time id had a proper drink I think we won the game 1 or 2 nil but ive never been there since and cant even remember what the ground was vaguely like.it must have been the old div4 days I don't think hereford got higher than that.

A car load of us were there that day, we got stoned after the game.Also a mini bus of City had there windscreen smashed ( probably) by the same Hereford lads that stoned us in our car.

Can also remember that on the drive there we were behind a removal lorry, suddenly the back shutter was pulled up and it was full, not with furniture, but with about 30 City lads inside :)

******* came in wearing yellow construction helmets.....yes......they had a Pwappa go, i was about thirteen at the time....shit myselfe, fighting all around, all i wanted to do was sing !!! Worse though was pompey probs the same year, they had a right go, remember some nutter hit one of ours with a meat cleaver, took his ear off and a lot of his face......happy days ... :ph34r:

Remember that i was about same age they were building lots houses in hengrove off the Airport rd so me and mates nicked all the hard hats.

I remember my old man telling me that only once where the EE was totally taken over by away supporters and he said it was Brum in the late 60s? Anybody know anything?

He pretty much said they took the piss that day and that's where it all started for City.

Before the game He reckons Gas were in a pub called the 'star', City fired into them then backed off when a load more Rovers came accross the Park, they then got on the East End and gave City a good hiding. He does not say about what happened after.

Which pub was the star?

think that was 1970 they steamed in to the cafe on winterstoke rd. was hooked after that

Brum. Yep, I alluded to that in an earlier post. Small number of City remained but Brum had the entire centre block of the East end plus overspill.

Must have missed that Sag game. Can remember them being on the East End but usually up in the corner. Some did try and join us vs Man Ure but were side lined.

Archived