IGNORED

Bradford Fan In Peace Banter Welcome

heavensentcityg3nt

Good evening my southern friends just bobbing in to say looking forward to the game - will be there as my sister in law lives in your neck of the woods so looking forward to it- a new ground for me too.

so how do you rate your chances against us - currently no signings and we have kept the majority of the squad we had last season ..so far. Our game probably suits league 1 a lot better than the khazi division- a little more time to play and less kick and rush -

our best games were those against teams from higher in the leagues so I think we will hold our own. we play with plenty of width and like to use both the pace of Wells who on his day would be a match for any defender in any league and Hanson whos a bit more like a battering ram-and someone who splits our support on whether hes good or not.

With only 3/4 signings likely, we are hoping for quality rather than quantity and we will probably add to midfield to support the excellent Gary Jones and rumours are Doyle is off. Davis at the back will be one of the best defenders in the league he turned down championship offers including boro to stay with us and oozes class. Parky will have a couple of tricks up his sleeve and he will probably turn some heads with a couple of signings I believe so keep your eyes on us . We go into the game as underdogs but that's exactly where we like to be, our support will be loud and probably travel in numbers being the first game. so let battle commence

Take me home

UTB

I think you'll finish around mid table. We're obviously hoping for a quick return to the championship and so far everything sounds promising (signings etc)

Imo I think we'll finish in the top 6, Others will disagree some will agree. Not fair to give a solid prediction so far away from the league starting. Lots could happen yet.

Good evening my southern friends just bobbing in to say looking forward to the game - will be there as my sister in law lives in your neck of the woods so looking forward to it- a new ground for me too.

so how do you rate your chances against us - currently no signings and we have kept the majority of the squad we had last season ..so far. Our game probably suits league 1 a lot better than the khazi division- a little more time to play and less kick and rush -

our best games were those against teams from higher in the leagues so I think we will hold our own. we play with plenty of width and like to use both the pace of Wells who on his day would be a match for any defender in any league and Hanson whos a bit more like a battering ram-and someone who splits our support on whether hes good or not.

With only 3/4 signings likely, we are hoping for quality rather than quantity and we will probably add to midfield to support the excellent Gary Jones and rumours are Doyle is off. Davis at the back will be one of the best defenders in the league he turned down championship offers including boro to stay with us and oozes class. Parky will have a couple of tricks up his sleeve and he will probably turn some heads with a couple of signings I believe so keep your eyes on us . We go into the game as underdogs but that's exactly where we like to be, our support will be loud and probably travel in numbers being the first game. so let battle commence

Take me home

UTB

Saw you plenty last season and you looked a very good team with a real threat up front. I see no reason why you shouldn't be challenging around the playoffs along with us

Think Bradford will be in and around the play-offs. We all got to see a lot of them last year and they impressed every time and they were very good. Would've gone up automatically if it wasn't for that Cup run, I reckon.

Davis and Wells would walk into any side in the Championship. Hanson, Jones, Thompson and Reid would walk into our side. Gonna be tight, but with home advantage and years of shocking starts to be put behind us, reckon we got a chance on sneaking it . . .

You battered the scum from up the road so respect for that and well done on the cup run, I really enjoyed watching it.

With our respective clubs entering this god awful league from different directions, most would expect an easy home win but let's be honest here, you should have walked L2.

I would go for a narrow home win but wouldn't be surprised to see both teams comfortably in the top 10 come May. Regardless, it will be a good yardstick for both sides.

A word of warning, if you or any of your friends are planning on driving down, it's going to take a while as the M5 will be chocca with holiday makers and caravans heading for Devon and Cornwall.

Enjoy the East end Bantams, it will probably be rubble this time next year. :sad26:

Take me home

UTB

Who do you think you are Bradford City?

Don't come on here fishing for compliments for your own team.

oh dear are you the resident forum idiot? BA no knackers. I have come on here for an insight I know nothing about Bristol City apart form David James once played clown in goal for you - you have been struggling for a few seasons like ourselves-you have very little financial clout like our selves - we have momentum and unlike you ,you are coming down with a lot of pressure both financial and fans pressure to get back up to fighting off relegation in the championship- either that or you may well be playing rovers next year.

15 or so replies - all spoken with a little bit of respect- grow up and get a new avatar that jokes old-thanks everyone else

oh dear are you the resident forum idiot? BA no knackers. I have come on here for an insight I know nothing about Bristol City apart form David James once played clown in goal for you - you have been struggling for a few seasons like ourselves-you have very little financial clout like our selves - we have momentum and unlike you ,you are coming down with a lot of pressure both financial and fans pressure to get back up to fighting off relegation in the championship- either that or you may well be playing rovers next year.

15 or so replies - all spoken with a little bit of respect- grow up and get a new avatar that jokes old-thanks everyone else

No financial problems here chief, our chairman is a billionaire. Also we are not under pressure to get promotion, we are looking to change the whole ethos of the club and most of our fans realise we won't be bouncing straight back at the first attempt. No chance of playing Rovers next year, unless they get promotion.

You were right about David James at least.

Billionaire chairman, Steve Landsdown - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/9912148/Hargreaves-Lansdown-founder-enters-billionaire-elite.html

We're in debt but its a debt to him, a lifelong city fan who also owns Bristol Rugby and just bought the Bristol basketball team (strangely) .

SKINT.... Haha far from it son.

More money then sense seems to be our problem. Our chairman love to waste his money

Take me home

UTB

tough start, think hanson up front is a great player, luckily we've signed flint so that should be a good match, without flint i think he'd probably bag a hat-rick of headers. from corners you will be a threat i am sure, i hope we win, but i think a draw/narrow loss

tough start, think hanson up front is a great player, luckily we've signed flint so that should be a good match, without flint i think he'd probably bag a hat-rick of headers. from corners you will be a threat i am sure, i hope we win, but i think a draw/narrow loss

Lets be honest, we're all going on last seasons piss poor effort.... On paper we should batter Bradford and take auto promotion. We'll prob finish just inside the top 6

well I feel a little refreshed our chairman own next to nothing we are only just in the black (no link to our multi cultural society)

but we are in the same league with as much chance of going up as yourselves- we sat in a league and saw the likes of Stevenage pass us and go up - these leagues are much more than flash your money - team spirit - ethos all play a part look at Yeovil.

any sensible posters please visit www.claretandbanter.co.uk

well I feel a little refreshed our chairman own next to nothing we are only just in the black (no link to our multi cultural society)

but we are in the same league with as much chance of going up as yourselves- we sat in a league and saw the likes of Stevenage pass us and go up - these leagues are much more than flash your money - team spirit - ethos all play a part look at Yeovil.

any sensible posters please visit www.claretandbanter.co.uk

You wage bill prob 2 mil

Ours in the 8 m region, is that right?

Archived