IGNORED

Bradford Fan In Peace Banter Welcome

heavensentcityg3nt

Lets be honest, we're all going on last seasons piss poor effort.... On paper we should batter Bradford and take auto promotion. We'll prob finish just inside the top 6

that is true, we'll have to wait until pre-season to give a proper prediction, but on paper at the moment, it is a lot of championship players against league 2 players.

I'm not the only one thinking this, then. This is exactly the kind of game we'll get turned over in. I just hope our players are up for the fight this season, for a change.

I concur, Bradford will probably spank us, and losing 3 nil seems to be our preferred way of starting the season.

Saw you plenty last season and you looked a very good team with a real threat up front. I see no reason why you shouldn't be challenging around the playoffs along with us

I saw them play other games than the play offs and capital one cup matches and they were poor! They'd beat arsenal on the day, next game lose to Barnet or someone shite!

yep 2.5 million budget- we threw money at league 2 doesn't work- that's the end of season comparison.

Sound posts, gotta say a rather scary avatar, but hey yer a newbie, welcome to our world, as far as results go i am no nostra whatsisfrigginname but, enjoy your visit to our fair village, dont bring a car cos it aint allowed, if you are a disullusioned northener that thinks petrol fumes and smokin da weed is cool....you cant come....

leave bradford wearing a high viz jacket, helmet that makes you look like a ninja turtle, sat astride a ball strangler of your own choice, (trousers of the red veriant would be an asset ) you will be welcomed with open arms, only playing.....or am i ?

May the best team draw.....be safe, i still live in 1978, best tardis i ever bought...bazinga

I remember Benny L's first game in charge was away to Bradford (1998?) and the coach driver got lost, Benny couldn't help him as he didn't know where it was anyway having just arrived from Norway, and the upshot of all that was that we lost 5-0. It's difficult to judge our chances at this stage as we don't know who's going to be in the squad.

We seem to have adopted a pre season target of getting stuffed at home first game and have achieved this consistently of late.good luck to you and your team this season. (Not against us though you understand) Your boy wells looks a player do you think youll hold on to him?

oh dear are you the resident forum idiot? BA no knackers. I have come on here for an insight I know nothing about Bristol City apart form David James once played clown in goal for you - you have been struggling for a few seasons like ourselves-you have very little financial clout like our selves - we have momentum and unlike you ,you are coming down with a lot of pressure both financial and fans pressure to get back up to fighting off relegation in the championship- either that or you may well be playing rovers next year.

15 or so replies - all spoken with a little bit of respect- grow up and get a new avatar that jokes old-thanks everyone else

To be fair mate, you've come on here and told us how great your team is. Well if what you are saying is true you will walk the league then. We have players on our books like Baldock, Davies, Adomah, Cunningham and Kelly who you could only dream of signing yet we are not bigging ourselves up. On paper we should return at the first time of asking. But as we know, the game isn't played on paper. On paper, we should have stayed up last season. It's too early for predictions. If O'Driscoll brings in the players he wants then we should be there or there abouts. Your boys will be high in confidence and that should help them to a high finish, but it's early yet. Lose Wells, Hanson and the other superstars you are bigging up then you could struggle. My prediction now, imagining that preseason goes to plan for us and SO'D brings in the players he wants, we will win 2-0. Come back on 2nd August for a fairer prediction.

To be fair mate, you've come on here and told us how great your team is. Well if what you are saying is true you will walk the league then. We have players on our books like Baldock, Davies, Adomah, Cunningham and Kelly who you could only dream of signing yet we are not bigging ourselves up. On paper we should return at the first time of asking. But as we know, the game isn't played on paper. On paper, we should have stayed up last season. It's too early for predictions. If O'Driscoll brings in the players he wants then we should be there or there abouts. Your boys will be high in confidence and that should help them to a high finish, but it's early yet. Lose Wells, Hanson and the other superstars you are bigging up then you could struggle. My prediction now, imagining that preseason goes to plan for us and SO'D brings in the players he wants, we will win 2-0. Come back on 2nd August for a fairer prediction.

Ime getting a bit tired of all this common sense, great post btw jambodinho,

I remember Benny L's first game in charge was away to Bradford (1998?) and the coach driver got lost, Benny couldn't help him as he didn't know where it was anyway having just arrived from Norway, and the upshot of all that was that we lost 5-0. It's difficult to judge our chances at this stage as we don't know who's going to be in the squad.

My memories of playing Bradford are also of getting beat. I remember we got spanked 4-1 when Tinnion was in charge and another time at home in a cup match. I think Scott Golborne scored. Going on this and our usual opening day performances. I'm going for a 1-3 defeat. Cripes

I don't think we should kid ourselves Bradford is going to be easy. The OP is right that they have momentum whereas we'll (I bloody well hope!) have a load of new players settling in. Truth be told, I think we've got a tough first couple of months in the division. If we can hold our own and our players get time to settle then I reckon we'll then start to climb up the leagues but I am more nervous than I'd like to be about the opening fixtures.

I reckon Bradford'll have a decent season next year. I don't see them making the play-offs but I reckon they'll more than hold their own. On paper we should beat them but I'm really hoping we start prepared and ready to go for once...

Bradford at home on the opening day. Doesn't really do it for me? Anyone else?

Really? I think it's a cracking game. Proper club, on the way back up, will bring confidence and a big support. Name me 3 'big' clubs you'd rather have had first up at home.....Wolves, Sheffield Utd, Coventry?......Bradford City with a good start to the season are a big club at this level. They will fancy their chances with our relegation, they beat far better teams than us last season, we lost to far worse

stating we will hold our own is not a prediction for promotion and I merely raised the way we play and some of our stronger players- I think personally we will be mid table but consolidation is all the club will be looking for anything further is a bonus. you do have the better squad, by the sound of it good financial clout not at any point in any post does it state we would walk the league. should be a good game and it will prove either how far we have come or how far you have fallen.

I'm not the only one thinking this, then. This is exactly the kind of game we'll get turned over in. I just hope our players are up for the fight this season, for a change.

If we have Laurel and Hardy at the back it could be another opening day defeat unless Flint plays Finlayson so well that those two are neutralised. ;)

The opening goal will be crucial, if the Robins get it then we will go on to win comfortably in front of a big crowd, by League 1 standards of 14,000 plus. If the Bantams score first it could be a tough afternoon for us. To avoid sitting on the fence though I am going to say a 2-0 win for the Reds.

The opening goal will be crucial, if the Robins get it then we will go on to win comfortably in front of a big crowd, by League 1 standards of 14,000 plus. If the Bantams score first it could be a tough afternoon for us. To avoid sitting on the fence though I am going to say a 2-0 win for the Reds.

I think the winning goal is going to be crucial, If Bradford get it they'll win, But if we get it we'll win

8-5

No doubt we will have learned a lesson from last season - don't start too well or everyone will be proclaiming you nailed-on promotion candidates (and constantly referring to two particular wins for the rest of the season).

The first half a dozen games of the season are always a lottery, though teams with momentum (like yourselves) and those with a relatively settled side will tend to prosper early on- just don't get too carried away!

oh dear are you the resident forum idiot? BA no knackers. I have come on here for an insight I know nothing about Bristol City apart form David James once played clown in goal for you - you have been struggling for a few seasons like ourselves-you have very little financial clout like our selves - we have momentum and unlike you ,you are coming down with a lot of pressure both financial and fans pressure to get back up to fighting off relegation in the championship- either that or you may well be playing rovers next year.

15 or so replies - all spoken with a little bit of respect- grow up and get a new avatar that jokes old-thanks everyone else

Ok, well here's something you might like to know.

We are not 'Bristol', I know the rest of the world....apart from the Sags :gasmask: , refer to us as that, but Bristol chase eggs.

We are either Bristol City, or just plain City. Even though we are the Only Team In Bristol, as you are in Bradford....we just like it that way. There you now know a bit more about Bristol City.

Good luck for the new season...obviously after the first game. :thumbsup:

You had some great wins in the cup and the play offs, but your points haul for league 2 wasn't so impressive. You seem to be good in "big" games but if their had only been 2 automatic places you would not have even made the paly offs. We'll see, but we have made some good signings Flint and Fielding (looks like we are getting him).

+ Davies and Baldock should score a hatful at this leve,l if we keep them. Impressed by your boy Wells but again will you be able to hold onto him. should be an interesting first game though.

Here is a list about city for you and any other fans interested

1) We always expect the worst and can be among the most pessimistic fans unless we win a game in which case we become dead certs for promotion.

2) The Avon Gorge hotel is nice if you want to make a weekend of the away day. Though the paparazzi may take pictures of you there and you'll get your very own OTIB thread.

3) Expect our defence to play killer through balls to put your strikers in on our goal

4) Don't mention the BBC

5) Drums are awful at football, and ruin atmospheres despite us having drums and them making a better atmosphere.

6) You'll see more of the game in the 15 seconds we get on the FL show than you will in our away end if you get there late

7) Expect a lot of children in tracksuits and baseball hats to think they are proper hard or propa nawty (as danny dyer would say) by your fans sounding like a record being played and 4x speed

Aside from the horrific fire, Peter Sutcliffe and the fact they are in the trivia of two teams who have played each other in every division including the Prem (Bradford v Wimbledon/MK Dons), I must profess to knowing fk all about our opponents.

I am not back from Australia until Sept so will miss it anyway but I wanted to see us start at home - but could have done without a promoted side to be honest.

I think we're good for play offs though.

Look son, I know you're all excited to be playing 'big old Bristol City FC' you don't need to come on here running your mouth about how you think you'll consolidate etc.

Personally, before last seasons League Cup final I'd never heard of Bradford and thought my mate was joking when he said yesterday we were playing you minnows - that was after I initially thought it was a shit pre-season game.

So basically yeh, enjoy your day with the big boys and anything less than a 4-0 home win smile about. Your players will remember the day foerever. But also watch your back. If you come down here talking this shite about debts then not being funny fella but you're gonna get filled in.

Cheers pal.

Look son, I know you're all excited to be playing 'big old Bristol City FC' you don't need to come on here running your mouth about how you think you'll consolidate etc.

Personally, before last seasons League Cup final I'd never heard of Bradford and thought my mate was joking when he said yesterday we were playing you minnows - that was after I initially thought it was a shit pre-season game.

So basically yeh, enjoy your day with the big boys and anything less than a 4-0 home win smile about. Your players will remember the day foerever. But also watch your back. If you come down here talking this shite about debts then not being funny fella but you're gonna get filled in.

Cheers pal.

Brilliant, post of the year!

Another bantam fan here. Cheers for the mainly positive comments re us :thumbsup:

I think its gonna be a tough opening game for us & I'd take a draw, but hopefully our upward momentum will carry on.

I'm coming down & making a weekend of it, can anyone recommend somewhere to stay thats a little more reasonable than the Avon Gorge :fingerscrossed:

& Good luck to Bristol City for the season

Grow up Randy

you are a little club and have been for years jostling for position with a town full of rugger fans - the championship whipping boys. One good season as also rans hardly gives you any credence in the my dads bigger than your dad argument. Its fans like you that are the poison that kills football from the inside. Thinking by 'filling some one in' makes you so much more of a supporter than others kind of describes you as a person - more gas than class.

Grow up Randy

you are a little club and have been for years jostling for position with a town full of rugger fans - the championship whipping boys. One good season as also rans hardly gives you any credence in the my dads bigger than your dad argument. Its fans like you that are the poison that kills football from the inside. Thinking by 'filling some one in' makes you so much more of a supporter than others kind of describes you as a person - more gas than class.

Yeah you tell him!

Good evening my southern friends just bobbing in to say looking forward to the game - will be there as my sister in law lives in your neck of the woods so looking forward to it- a new ground for me too.

so how do you rate your chances against us - currently no signings and we have kept the majority of the squad we had last season ..so far. Our game probably suits league 1 a lot better than the khazi division- a little more time to play and less kick and rush -

our best games were those against teams from higher in the leagues so I think we will hold our own. we play with plenty of width and like to use both the pace of Wells who on his day would be a match for any defender in any league and Hanson whos a bit more like a battering ram-and someone who splits our support on whether hes good or not.

With only 3/4 signings likely, we are hoping for quality rather than quantity and we will probably add to midfield to support the excellent Gary Jones and rumours are Doyle is off. Davis at the back will be one of the best defenders in the league he turned down championship offers including boro to stay with us and oozes class. Parky will have a couple of tricks up his sleeve and he will probably turn some heads with a couple of signings I believe so keep your eyes on us . We go into the game as underdogs but that's exactly where we like to be, our support will be loud and probably travel in numbers being the first game. so let battle commence

Take me home

UTB

I personally think it's a really tough opening game for both sides.

I think you will be decent next year and will be pushing hard for the play offs. Are you likely to keep hold of Wells then? I must admit he is quality. Wells and Hanson look a good pairing that will cause a lot of problems this season. Where do you think you will be abouts?

It's hard to say what sort of shape we will be in when the game comes around. Still the possibility of a few names in and out, no keeper as yet and no captain. I think we will improve throughout the season, but certainly have a very tough opening month.

Grow up Randy

Give it a rest mate. You've found out you're playing massive Bristol City and you've come straight on our forum giving it the big un and wanking yourself silly at the thought of witnessing an Albert Adomah hat trick. We're all happy for you pal, honest, it's nice little clubs like you are getting their day with us being in your league this year.

In terms of fighting and that side of football i suggest you dont come to Ashton if you don't like it because it'll find you mate, even if you ain't looking for it. I might not fill you in yet matey, I was just warning you. So take some ******* notice and you'll go back to your hell hole in one piece.

Capesh.

Archived