IGNORED

Question For Dave L

timothy bird

Mr Bird is a well known trouble causers amongst City fans ! I've seen it on Facebook/twitter & now on otib also I've also known friends have problems with him ! Must have a very boring life

Or does he really support another lower league Bristol team?

And people who make comments like its only a stand. What does it matter? Well to me itd far more than just a stand.! Its where I grew up. Its our end. Its the heart and soul of bristol city to me. It is the club its mike Gibson + Gerry gow and Paul cheeseley. Its Scott Murray. We have physically defended it against Cardiff rovers + Millwall. People ,have given their sweat and time decorating it and now the corporate suits who no nothing and care less about the ,history and tradition of our club gleefully ,toss it away again and ,people like me who live breathe and shit bristol city are condemned as nutters on this forum-what a sad state of affairs"

And people who make comments like its only a stand. What does it matter? Well to me itd far more than just a stand.! Its where I grew up. Its our end. Its the heart and soul of bristol city to me. It is the club its mike Gibson + Gerry gow and Paul cheeseley. Its Scott Murray. We have physically defended it against Cardiff rovers + Millwall. People ,have given their sweat and time decorating it and now the corporate suits who no nothing and care less about the ,history and tradition of our club gleefully ,toss it away again and ,people like me who live breathe and shit bristol city are condemned as nutters on this forum-what a sad state of affairs"

yawn yawn yawn

Yet it was shut from 94 to 2005 where did you sit then?

I asked him what liaison their had been with supporters groups over the closure of the east end surely that's a simple question that he can give s honest answer to without me having to travel to bristol!

Whats all this love in with the east end. Its the most practical solution. Easy to police etc etc.

Would you rather four thousand Rangers supporters ended up all around the ground.

I could see the police agreeing to that.

Because monkeh the club never wanted to re open the east end! SL said it would happen over his dead body but after years of pressure the club partially and grudgingly backed down I will never trust the clubs motives over the ee. + I'm sorry for being aggressive to you earlier it was immature of me!

I don't quite see how I've pissed the whole forum off. I believe in saying what I think. I don't intend to piss anybody off but care very deeply about bristol city and the east end is something I care passionately about. I think the problem is that I struggle to express myself eloquently via this medium. To those I have offended I apologise but ask you to respect the fact that me having a different opinion does not make me s nutter! I think it might be better if I left this topic and concentrated on more positive, things.

Because monkeh the club never wanted to re open the east end! SL said it would happen over his dead body but after years of pressure the club partially and grudgingly backed down I will never trust the clubs motives over the ee. + I'm sorry for being aggressive to you earlier it was immature of me!

Apology accepted

But if the club really wanted to keep it shut they would of and no amount of fan pressure would change that

The fact the did reopen it bent of backwards to engage the fans with artwork flags etc shows they wanted to listen to rand and engage with us in its reopening of it

They dropped a major bollock when they put the sponsorship betting and removed the flags but change because they listened

I suggest you take Dave up on his offer and listen to what he's got to say,

It's amazing what a little communication will do,

If you don't want to meet him at least send him a civil email as he will reply not right away but he will get back to you

Mr Bird, would you be able to direct me to the best people to complain to as I have lived and grown up in Sea Mills, Sea Mills is Robin Cousins, its.... ummmm, yeah, its Robin Cousins and they keep shutting the Portway on Sundays. How am I supposed to get to town? I mean, I could go up over the Downs but that's not the point, I always go down the Portway, why should I go over the Downs because there's a Big Bike Ride going on, or a 10k run or a triathlon. So Mr Bird, just whom should I complain to, as I don't believe there was any liaison between the City Council and the residents of Sea Mills over the road closures.

No point in me meeting DL monkeh. He's got a anti east end agenda. I've got my reasons for believing this and nothing he says will convince me differently.

The work done in that end over the last few years would suggest so much differently.

Seriously fella, its one game, it will benefit the club, and it really does make sense. I'd save your breath for other battles.

BCFC.... " Hello old bill, we are trying to arrange a pre season friendly with one of the biggest clubs north of the border, ..oh and they expect to bring probs between 4,000 and 5,000 fans, generally good natured but mainly pissed out their heads....where should they sit ? "

OLD BILL.." Whats the most controllable part of the ground as in segregation, before during and after the match ? "

BCFC.." Mmmmm now we got the East End, probs the most easily controlled part of the ground, shit view but good accustics, how about that ? "

OLD BILL " Sounds great, have you asked Timothy Bird ? "

BCFC..." WHO ? "

BCFC.... " Hello old bill, we are trying to arrange a pre season friendly with one of the biggest clubs north of the border, ..oh and they expect to bring probs between 4,000 and 5,000 fans, generally good natured but mainly pissed out their heads....where should they sit ? "

OLD BILL.." Whats the most controllable part of the ground as in segregation, before during and after the match ? "

BCFC.." Mmmmm now we got the East End, probs the most easily controlled part of the ground, shit view but good accustics, how about that ? "

OLD BILL " Sounds great, have you asked Timothy Bird ? "

BCFC..." WHO ? "

I've got a solution.

As there will be a new viewing platform for our disabled supporters and their carers, why not make the old disabled 'shed' in front of the Ayeto available to Mr Bird? The low roof will enable him to create quite the atmosphere.

As a free speech advocate I can at least applaud Mr Bird for his outspoken criticism of the club. :clap::clap::clapping: . We wouldn't be getting this if the Germans had won the war.

Unfortunately I will be in Nottingham game day, so I won't be able to see one man turn the tide. Whatever that means.

Archived