IGNORED

Question For Dave L

timothy bird

As a free speech advocate I can at least applaud Mr Bird for his outspoken criticism of the club. :clap::clap::clapping: . We wouldn't be getting this if the Germans had won the war.

Unfortunately I will be in Nottingham game day, so I won't be able to see one man turn the tide. Whatever that means.

Dont mention the war, you just did but i think you got away with it !

No point in me meeting DL monkeh. He's got a anti east end agenda. I've got my reasons for believing this and nothing he says will convince me differently.

If he is so anti ee why did he and kev stand there engaging fans last season?

And people who make comments like its only a stand. What does it matter? Well to me itd far more than just a stand.! Its where I grew up. Its our end. Its the heart and soul of bristol city to me. It is the club its mike Gibson + Gerry gow and Paul cheeseley. Its Scott Murray. We have physically defended it against Cardiff rovers + Millwall. People ,have given their sweat and time decorating it and now the corporate suits who no nothing and care less about the ,history and tradition of our club gleefully ,toss it away again and ,people like me who live breathe and shit bristol city are condemned as nutters on this forum-what a sad state of affairs"

I know where you're coming from timothy bird.

Heysal, and Hillsborough put an end to the "Good Old Days" and with the inception of the Premier League, football has slowly sold it's soul.

The days of "Pie and a pint" have been replaced with the proverbial Prawn sandwich.

The East End.

I used to stand in the Enclosure, and watch as the crowd swayed in anticipation during our Halcyon days of first division football.

I remember standing on the corner of the East End with my Dad and Brothers by the entrance in the early eighties as Cardiff came marauding up the slope and onto the terraces. we simply took a few steps to the side, as the Red Tide quickly washed away The Welsh.

In the Eighties and Nineties, me and my brother went to all four corners of England and Wales to watch our team. I must have been to 70-75 "Old school" grounds.

From Middlesbroughs Ayresome Park, to Plymouths Home Park.

From Carlisles Brunton Park to Brightons Goldstone Ground.

From Swanseas Vetch to Lincolns Sincil Bank and Hull Citys Boothferry Park.

The grounds we visited, Feethams, Spotland, Old Show Ground, Edgar Street, Fellows Park, Eastville, Twerton Park, Gay Meadow, Sealands Road,

Every time we played at home it made you appreciate and realise what a decent stadium we had at Ashton Gate.

But thirty years on, nothing has changed. The ground is decaying.

The Grandstand;

The Dolman, whilst only 40 years old is way out of date.

And I'm afraid, and you may disagree The East End.

All have been seemingly been neglected and allowed to slowly decay.

It's hard to imagine how 36,000 crammed in to watch City beat Liverpool on that infamous Monday evening preceding the Climax at Coventry.

I don't want to turn this into another Ashton Vale / Ashton Gate debate, but personally I think we need the new ground, and allow The Old Lady a little peace.

This isn't "a dig" or swipe at you Timothy Bird. Far from it.

I understand that Passion runs high. That's what football is.

I'm a realist, I guess, and The East End has been home to away support now for 10 years? maybe more?

I always supported from the Enclosure., before moving into the Dolman in the late Eighties, so don't get worked up with the allocation of East End tickets.

Which point would that be - that DaveL is a liar ?

Or Monkeh is a pile of excrement ?

Or did I miss something profound about a friendly match and a minimal amount of people being put out ?

Not sure he said liar, I think what he means is that Dave L will put a club spin on everything. I suppose that's his job, he has to liaise downwards and sell things to the fans.

As for Monkeh, jeez...

It's a friendly, its a shame the atyeo wasn't considered, we could have sold more tickets to our friends from Glasgow. Most people on here put money before everything don't they?

I personally would've split the jocks between half of the EE and half the Williams. Conceding the noisiest part of the ground to 4K sweaties can't be great for morale - and we need to seriously rebuild that.

That said, it IS only a friendly and David Lloyd does not take these decisions.

I'm full of admiration for the way he comes on this site and tries to address ordinary fans' concerns, Let's face it, he doesn't have to!

Isn't it obvious why the Atyeo couldn't be considered;

Up to 4,000 displaced home supporters as opposed to 800 or so in the East End - doesn't make any sense at all to move up to 4,000 home supporters for the sake of 800 or so from the EE. I really don't see why people can't see that. Same goes for the Williams and Dolman, many more home fans than in the EE so why should they be moved for the sake of a few ?

Access to the Atyeo for Rangers fans would mean merging with City fans - I'm sure the police would have the game blocked if that were the case.

DaveL was called a liar which is out of order.

The sooner that ramshackle stand is knocked down the better, its proving divisive and elitist - and there's absolutely no foundation for it.

Access to EE to home fans has been restricted for many years now, if other stands had the same restrictions they would be the ones with a few hundred fans in.

Whatever fans think it is the historical home end for us fans; friendly or not would the likes of Liverpool.Man u or even the sags turf home fans out of there "ends" to fill with away fans ?

Whats all this love in with the east end. Its the most practical solution. Easy to police etc etc.

Would you rather four thousand Rangers supporters ended up all around the ground.

I could see the police agreeing to that.

This is a good point, but one I find quite sad. Watching the Australia v Lions match on Saturday both of my kids were amazed that there was no segregation of fans. If a load of drunken rugby fans can sit next to their arch enemies why can't we sit next to our pals from north of the border? We could even knit some half and half scarves and sell them at a huge profit. I can't see any reason for antagonism between fans of City and fans of Rangers for a friendly, but clearly most people seem to think there will be trouble if they sit next to each other.

If I still lived in Bristol I'd probably go to this game, but I don't and so, because it's a meaningless friendly I won't be there. I'm surprised Timothy Bird is making the massive 30 mile trip by the way. If I was going I'd look forward to a drink with a few pi55ed up Glaswegians, always good for a laugh ,if impossible to understand.

Maybe as a token gesture the club could offer Timothy Bird a ticket amongst them? That way everybody is happy? So I propose a new campaign "LET TIM BIRD IN THE EAST END WITH A LOAD OF GLASWEGIANS" do you think it will catch on?

Forza Eastend. Amen.

While the op did not fight his corner to well, maybe some should give a thought that the away fans could well be coming to your stand when/if redevelopment takes place; this could be as soon as next year.

Who will choose which stand? not the fans in the stands affected for sure.

Fans are moved at the will of the club not the will of the fans, ie prem seats, family areas, away fans etc.

As for Tim he said sorry leave it at that

He's putting his argument across a bit more civil now and yes he does have some points but he also called davel a lair which he isn't and called the club anti ee which they are not

There are still restrictions on the stands yes but a hell of a lot have been removed,

And some are out of the clubs control

Any Glasgow rangers fans reading this thread must think we are a weird bunch down here in Bristol

It makes you smile when you know loads of Gers will vacate other parts of the stadium anyway!!!

They will be a right good bunch, most down the day before supping as much if the local apple juice as possible

In terms of size of club it's like Chard v Real Madrid irrespective of their demise over the last couple of years!!

They are massive

Wouldn't surprise me if well over 10,000 travelled down

Enjoy their company. Things like this rarely happen at Bristol City!

Any Glasgow rangers fans reading this thread must think we are a weird bunch down here in Bristol

It makes you smile when you know loads of Gers will vacate other parts of the stadium anyway!!!

They will be a right good bunch, most down the day before supping as much if the local apple juice as possible

In terms of size of club it's like Chard v Real Madrid irrespective of their demise over the last couple of years!!

They are massive

Wouldn't surprise me if well over 10,000 travelled down

Enjoy their company. Things like this rarely happen at Bristol City!

You mean inhabit, if they vacate the East End, plenty of room for Timothy!!!

Archived