IGNORED

Jet Deal Off

Eagle Eyed

So, City hadn't targeted Emmanuel-Thomas at all.

SO'D: 'It's all come from Ipswich, we were approached to take him.'

Well if he wasn't high on SO'D's wanted list we're hardly likely to meet excessive wage demands to clinch the deal.

With 'financials' proving an immediate stumbling block by the sounds of it surely this deal could have been knocked on the head without the need for the player to travel to Bristol?

So, City hadn't targeted Emmanuel-Thomas at all.

SO'D: 'It's all come from Ipswich, we were approached to take him.'

Well if he wasn't high on SO'D's wanted list we're hardly likely to meet excessive wage demands to clinch the deal.

With 'financials' proving an immediate stumbling block by the sounds of it surely this deal could have been knocked on the head without the need for the player to travel to Bristol?

There is no proof that he has travelled to Bristol anyway, im pretty sure if the club hadn't agreed terms with Ipswich the players wont be going to talk to either clubs yet. If they are asking for a fee as well then its a bit cheeky-they are getting a good player in Anderson.

There is no proof that he has travelled to Bristol anyway, im pretty sure if the club hadn't agreed terms with Ipswich the players wont be going to talk to either clubs yet. If they are asking for a fee as well then its a bit cheeky-they are getting a good player in Anderson.

All true Cider Red.

My point is it's one thing giving a player the opportunity to resurrect his career - his club are asking a 3rd division club to take him off their hands after all - under a manager who may get the best out of him if the wages are within our wage structure.

It's quite another if that player, or his agent, is going to insist on high wages that are not easily going to be accommodated into our wage structure.

He may thrive at City, he may just as easily fizzle out and be a bit part player, we don't know, but we're offering the bloke a platform to relaunch his career and if he's going to play hard to get by insisting on high wages to play in L1 then let's just forget it.

Unless JET is willing to take a lovely 50% wage cut this deal is well and truly off according to what I've been told.

According to someone on a football forum they also want £500,000 which would be ridicule.

And how exactly do you know re 50% wage drop

Utter bullshit !!!

I can't actually believe there are still people naïve enough to think clubs don't go through agents and agree personal terms well before agreeing to any sort of financial deal with the players current club.

Sometimes with the parent clubs permission, often without; but the gentlemanly notion that a club waits for a fee to be agreed is a fallacy, despite it being in the rulebook.

Oh how I'm chuckling right now, thank you for making afternoon keepuplino.

We'll see.

Im not sure what your trying to achieve by making such bold yet unfounded statements. All you do is highlight the obvious, and boast when it comes in....

The chances of JET coming here IMO are slim, solely due to wage demands, you don't need a contact to know that.

The fact you have stated the deal is off, yet SOD has come out and said te deal is in its early stages.....one of you is lying, and that's obviously you.

Dont make things up, it just shows you in a negative light.

He was on Park St earlier this afternoon.

It's possible EE is quite correct..

The deal has fallen through due to finances..

Not gonna agree or disagree with EE..

And at the this stage EE is possibly quite right..

Is it completely dead..??

Maybe not..!!

The ******* Bristol city manager has himself said its in its early stages so its clearly not dead is it!!!

I think some people are being a tad harsh on EE. He's only passing on info he's been told. It's not as if he's making ludicrous rumours up like 'Henry is signing from New York red bulls' (and no I don't have a source on that one) :)

It's okay, currently 3/3 things I've said have been proven correct. I can take the criticism, it's fine.

Oh, Henry has already held talks. Expected to be revealed tomorrow! Didn't you know that? ;)

Archived