IGNORED

Jet Deal Off

Eagle Eyed

People always asking if anyone knows anything about transfers etc. Eagle eyed has explained he knows someone at a player management company and was right about Fielding but some still have to come on here slagging the bloke off. Get a ******* life you sad bastards.

To be fair the Fielding one was a pretty safe one to call as well. I could say ive heard Adomah is leaving, its a fair gamble i'll be right. Nothing against anyone saying what theyve heard but Personally I take all these "sources" with a pinch of salt.

JET is on 9-10k per week.

if this is true more it's evidence of how so many clubs end on the slippery slope paying wages like that for a kid with unfulfilled potential, who turns in a great performance once in a blue moon and most of the time fans and his manager say he looks as though he can't be arsed, the football world has officially gone even more mad.

This deal depends on:

Ipswich paying a % of his wages for the remainder of his contract (this season)

City being able to offer an attractive package for next season onwards

JET being happy to drop to league 1

So quite a lot of barriers in place.

Oh, by the way - he's in Bristol and just had a Nandos on Park ST.

Bristol City were offered Emmanuel-Thomas by Ipswich. Player has not yet been to Bristol as no deal has been agreed between the two clubs.

Clearly you're not in the know!

Hello, Ipswich fan here. A question I'd like to ask, do you know who writes for the Bristol Post? I see they have a trusted source badge next to the article, and they seem pretty confident s deal is close?

However, this Alistair Durden doesn't even think a deal is struck?

Who's the most reliable out of the two?

Cheers.

Hello, Ipswich fan here. A question I'd like to ask, do you know who writes for the Bristol Post? I see they have a trusted source badge next to the article, and they seem pretty confident s deal is close?

Cheers.

Durden's is BBC and much more likely to be accurate.

Cheers.

The usual trusted source is the OTIB forum!

Anyone else think this could just be a bit of smoke and mirrors from the club?

I mean we're hardly going to come out and say 'Jay is someone we'd LOVE to sign, we think he'd really add something to our team and we'll be doing everything we can to make it happen'.

As soon as we say that, player and agent think there's money to be had and suddenly wage demands go up.

Anyone else think this could just be a bit of smoke and mirrors from the club?

I mean we're hardly going to come out and say 'Jay is someone we'd LOVE to sign, we think he'd really add something to our team and we'll be doing everything we can to make it happen'.

As soon as we say that, player and agent think there's money to be had and suddenly wage demands go up.

Well, I know this is strange, coming from a random Ipswich town fan on your forum, but I do have a couple of connections to the club. What I've been told, is that JET travelled to Bristol today, and is set to hold talks tomorrow.

Make of that what you will.

Well, I know this is strange, coming from a random Ipswich town fan on your forum, but I do have a couple of connections to the club. What I've been told, is that JET travelled to Bristol today, and is set to hold talks tomorrow.

Make of that what you will.

Interesting, thanks. I'd say if we weren't in the right ballpark, wages wise, he wouldn't be coming to Bristol at all. I don't believe for a minute that wage discussions are left until a face to face meeting, at least not ballpark figures or what's the point in time and expense being wasted by all parties.

Hopefully if this is going to happen it will be soon. The longer we have pre season with close to our final team the better!

Interesting, thanks. I'd say if we weren't in the right ballpark, wages wise, he wouldn't be coming to Bristol at all. I don't believe for a minute that wage discussions are left until a face to face meeting, at least not ballpark figures or what's the point in time and expense being wasted by all parties.

Hopefully if this is going to happen it will be soon. The longer we have pre season with close to our final team the better!

No problems, that's my thoughts exactly as well. Just very strange that the Bristol Post think its a full gone conclusion, and yet Alistair Durden is reporting no deal is even struck. Will be an interesting week I imagine.

Can see this being a smoke screen, but, who knows!

No problems, that's my thoughts exactly as well. Just very strange that the Bristol Post think its a full gone conclusion, and yet Alistair Durden is reporting no deal is even struck. Will be an interesting week I imagine.

The Bristol Post are saying they are a trusted source rather than they have one, they put that symbol on all/most of their stories.

I'd certainly believe Ali Durden over them, they're not liked one bit on here!

Well the Bristol Post's sports writing isn't good enough to wipe your arse with so I'd be inclined to think Durden is more reliable, so who knows.

Quite often a thread gets started on here and the next day the Post reports it as breaking news! :laugh:

I'm pretty sure when Gary Johnson managed us he banned their reporters from the ground for their negativity towards us, I might be making that up!

The Bristol Post are saying they are a trusted source rather than they have one, they put that symbol on all/most of their stories.

I'd certainly believe Ali Durden over them, they're not liked one bit on here!

I apologise for mentioning them then! Haha. Get the feeling this deal could drag out a bit then!

Durden's is BBC and much more likely to be accurate.

The Bristol Post has strongly supported the Club's various stadium plans while the BBC has preferred the "David and Goliath" story and backed those who oppose. Neither should be fully trusted but if the Club wanted to give a scoop to a local media outlet they'd give it to the Post.

I suspect what happened is Ipswich offered us JET and said 'can we have Anderson'. The Ipswich paper ran it on Saturday, and the BEP saw it and ran it today trying to suggest a deal would happen today.

But since, SO'D has come out today and said we want to keep Anderson, so a swap isn't on the cards. Ipswich still want shot of JET, reportedly leaving him out of the preseason tour, so we're discussing buying him.

I suspect what happened is Ipswich offered us JET and said 'can we have Anderson'. The Ipswich paper ran it on Saturday, and the BEP saw it and ran it today trying to suggest a deal would happen today.

But since, SO'D has come out today and said we want to keep Anderson, so a swap isn't on the cards. Ipswich still want shot of JET, reportedly leaving him out of the preseason tour, so we're discussing buying him.

I wouldn't say us wanting to keep Anderson means a swap definitely won't happen. If the player wants to leave, he will. Pointless keeping players who don't want to be here (not saying he doesn't).

Archived