IGNORED

Will The Rangers Game Sell Out?

Robin in Qatar

15,000? If it's anything like that it will surely only be because there are far more than 4,000 Rangers fans are in the ground, not convinced there's a widespread enthusiasm amongst City fans for this game.

If there is not then there should be, Rangers are the second biggest club in Britain in my opinion (and I should add I am not a fan of theirs at all) add the fact that it is for a trophy, England v Scotland, chance to see new signings, first really testing pre season game etc etc, the fans should turn out in numbers.

Unlikely at £16 a ticket not many ST's who I know are going .

Agree, least I remind us it's a friendly, and Rangers aren't high flying SPL contendors anymore.

£5 a pop and we would of hit 20k I reckon (4000-6000 Rangers fans)

Agree, least I remind us it's a friendly, and Rangers aren't high flying SPL contendors anymore.

£5 a pop and we would of hit 20k I reckon (4000-6000 Rangers fans)

I can understand you not wanting to pay sixteen quid on top of a plane ticket from Poland but people in Bristol have no excuse. As for Rangers not being in the SPL, they still have the second strongest squad in Scotland.

I can understand you not wanting to pay sixteen quid on top of a plane ticket from Poland but people in Bristol have no excuse. As for Rangers not being in the SPL, they still have the second strongest squad in Scotland.

Okay sure you could spare me a ticket then, ta kiddo :)

'Second strongest squad' and they sign Foster. :facepalm:

does it matter who we are playing, could never understand the tiered admission charges dependant on who we are playing; should we not have a standard friendly price and another for all league games? whoever the opponents are.

People complain about the price, but remember it's £10 to watch Bath City vs the Sags in a friendly!!!

point being we are going to watch our team play and price should be the same regardless of who we are playing i.m.o.

It is if you have a season ticket.

Reading at home £10 Rangers £16 sorry but its not right imo. If poor old FGR can charge the same for their home friendlies then so should we, for the fans instead of themselves.

Reading at home £10 Rangers £16 sorry but its not right imo. If poor old FGR can charge the same for their home friendlies then so should we, for the fans instead of themselves.

But the police bills for the games are completely different!

So say we had next season, Arsenal at Home, and The Old Duke pub team at home. You are saying we should charge the same price for both? So how much would that be? Can't be £3 a ticket, because that won't pay for the stewards, staff etc for the Arsenal game, but if it was say £20 it wouldn't get any fans for the Old Duke team.

If there is not then there should be, Rangers are the second biggest club in Britain in my opinion (and I should add I am not a fan of theirs at all) add the fact that it is for a trophy, England v Scotland, chance to see new signings, first really testing pre season game etc etc, the fans should turn out in numbers.

Scottish 3rd Division team the 2nd biggest club in Britain? what bigger than Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal & Chelsea, the arrogance of you Gers fans is unbelievable

Scottish 3rd Division team the 2nd biggest club in Britain? what bigger than Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal & Chelsea, the arrogance of you Gers fans is unbelievable

sglosbcfc is not a Gers fan - I happen to agree with him on size of the club however, would any of the teams mentioned (Man U excluded - assuming that is the biggest team he refers to) bring 10k to watch them in a friendly against us?

They are not even the biggest club in Scotland, miles behind Celtic, all neutrals know that, get over this Gers love-in.

Rangers have a far superior history. Last season the average crowd at Ibrox was higher than that of Celtic's despite being in SD3. Again you're looking at ability not the size of a club, Celtic are a superior side at this point in time but not a bigger club.

Rangers have a far superior history. Last season the average crowd at Ibrox was higher than that of Celtic's despite being in SD3. Again you're looking at ability not the size of a club, Celtic are a superior side at this point in time but not a bigger club.

I'm not talking about ability at all, because obviously ability wise there are at least a dozen better teams than Gers at the moment, as regards to average 2013 attendances it relates to season ticket sales so the crowd given could be 45000 when in reality only 25000 are at the game, check it out, and when Gers were last in the Scot Prem their average crowds were 5000 less than Celtic, at the end of the day until Gers get back into the prem all games played by the old firm are "dead rubbers" as the champions are known before a ball is kicked. not sure where you get this "far superior history" from, have they ever been Champions of Europe? as i said, get over this Rangers love-in.

Back to crowds, from 1999-2012 Celtic's average crowds were bigger in 12 seasons out of 13, sometimes by as much as a massive 12000 people, there is no doubt who the biggest club is and they are not Huns!

It's unreserved seating isn't it? Just get there early and get your seat.

Regarding unreserved seating Dave L said: not as far as I'm aware but I'm on leave at the moment so things may have changed while I've been away

Back to crowds, from 1999-2012 Celtic's average crowds were bigger in 12 seasons out of 13, sometimes by as much as a massive 12000 people, there is no doubt who the biggest club is and they are not Huns!

As said above, the larger capacity at Parkhead goes a long way in making that statistic. Would you judge Newcastle to be a bigger club than Liverpool?

As said above, the larger capacity at Parkhead goes a long way in making that statistic. Would you judge Newcastle to be a bigger club than Liverpool?

Rangers cant sell 49000 thats why Celtic have had bigger attendences

Celtic has a capacity of almost 10,00 more than Ibrox which may explain why Celtic get bigger crowds.

Not Celtic's fault that Rangers cant fill a 49000 stadium

You are the one who said Gers are 2nd biggest club in Britain, assuming you mean Man U are biggest, do you really believe Gers are bigger than 5 times European Champions Liverpool, you are deluded, as i have said, get over this rangers Love-in and concentrate on supporting BCFC.

Archived