IGNORED

Clevedon Vs City Match Day Thread

East end Forever

It's a friendly Ffs tins has it knocked us out of a cup?

Has it dropped us any point?

Did we field out strongest 11?

The anwser to all 3 is no

We once beat Cardiff and palace scoring 4 goals and ended up getting relegated

Means absolutely **** all at the moment

The point is, we fielded teams that would be either starting/back up in league 1 and they lost to a southern league division 1 team.

I expected our players to be more technically gifted, and to be a lot fitter as professional athletes.

But what is proved is that in the first half we would loose 2-1 to Clevedon.

Imagine if that was against a decent opposition! May be a lot worse.

Your completely missing the point.

We are there for a run out, nothing more nothing less.....result means nothing, performances mean nothing (quote SOD if u don't believe me). We were there for a run out and fOr the local community...,.

As for losing to them.....far bigger and better teams have lost to far worse than Clevedon Tpwn.....

I don't see what the major malfunction here is, we have lost friendlies to non league opposition before even in our more successful years. Lost 4-1 at FGR same season we got to the Championship play off final. 5 of our top players didn't even play did they? Fielding, Baldock, Anderson, Albert and Davies...

Usual kneejerk reaction springs to mind.

Your completely missing the point.

We are there for a run out, nothing more nothing less.....result means nothing, performances mean nothing (quote SOD if u don't believe me). We were there for a run out and fOr the local community...,.

As for losing to them.....far bigger and better teams have lost to far worse than Clevedon Tpwn.....

Performances mean nothing? He was bloody banging on about performances all last season when we lost!

Oh who cares we got relegated last season, far bigger and better teams have been relegated before!

I think you totally missing the point, for us, this is a chance to tinker with the squad and assess who of the young uns is ready to step up to the plate come August, for Clevedon it's probably much the same, plus the added incentive to their players that if they win they'll have something to be telling their grand children about, given as most would unlikely play Bristol City in the league.

I think you totally missing the point, for us, this is a chance to tinker with the squad and assess who of the young uns is ready to step up to the plate come August, for Clevedon it's probably much the same, plus the added incentive to their players that if they win they'll have something to be telling their grand children about, given as most would unlikely play Bristol City in the league.

Only 3 players each half haven't played league football. The other 8 aren't good enough either clearly.

Performances mean nothing? He was bloody banging on about performances all last season when we lost!

He also put out his strongest teams because it was more than a training exercise. Have a word.

Yes we have a far better team than Clevedon, but it doesn't matter at all at this stage. The players got what sounds like a competitive bit of matchplay under their belts. If you went expecting a vintage City win my real question to you is what possessed you to go to such a tinpot game.

It's a friendly for Clevedon too though so how come they can have all the same excuses but score 1 more and concede one less?

Should never have sacked Del

Rubbish.

I immediately want my thread on promotion closed.

Absolute *******.

Seriously.....

These have to be a wind up....

On way back-

1st half keeper made a mistake for 2nd goal, looked dodgy, will be gone I assume

2nd half keeper had a dodgy kick on him but aside from that had nothing to do

Back 4 in the 2nd half had nothing to do

Pearson was a stand out, big critic of his but he used his size really well and looked our biggest goal threat in the second half

Holloway and ajala were poor

Kelly average

1st half- Reid was the standout, Great feet, good balls

Burns looked alright

Wynter alright when pushed forward, confused to why he was right back

Aside from Pearson and Reid the rest were very average

On way back-

1st half keeper made a mistake for 2nd goal, looked dodgy, will be gone I assume

2nd half keeper had a dodgy kick on him but aside from that had nothing to do

Back 4 in the 2nd half had nothing to do

Pearson was a stand out, big critic of his but he used his size really well and looked our biggest goal threat in the second half

Holloway and ajala were poor

Kelly average

1st half- Reid was the standout, Great feet, good balls

Burns looked alright

Wynter alright when pushed forward, confused to why he was right back

Aside from Pearson and Reid the rest were very average

Reid was the standout, Great feet, good balls

Were his shorts torn ?

Seriously.....

These have to be a wind up....

To be fair, you would expect 11 Professionals to beat 11 Amateurs no matter what the circumstances, but lets hold judgement at least until after the rangers game where i'm sure it will be taken more seriously

Wibbly wobbly woo

As many have said some absurd reactions to this result.SOD has got a massive job ahead of him .The state of the team /academy was pathetic and he has to rip it all up and put it together again.Also he has not got anything like the funds the previous hopeless array of managers had.To think this will be a smooth ride and everything will be fine by the start of the season is naive and stupid.It will take time and patience.At the moment he doesn't even know what strikers he will have available.There will be more embarrassing results ahead I am sure but I think we have the right man at the helm with the club at last seeming to have an idea of where they are going and how they are going to get there.

:city: Defense in 2nd half looked like our starting back four and SOD had a word with them all before they kicked off,result-clean sheet.

Flint looks like the type of player that we need and if Fonts can eradicate those errors of last season we have a solid pairing together with the best two full backs in the division,defense sorted !

Right here is my take on it. We controlled all 90 minutes with 2 different sides. It seemed more of a have a look at players game than result game. They had 2 chances and took them both. Wilson messed up the second imo, not the keeper. The keeper tried to get it but it was underhit by wilson. First half team passed it about ok but didn't really test the keeper. Second half team much the same, but playing without a recognised striker hurt us.

All in all a poor game but nothing to get all upset about imo.

I am consistent with my view on friendlys to be fair, I fail to see the benefit of losing 4, 5 or 6 etc games pre season, with the excuse that it is 'just a friendly'. It is the same scenario for the teams we are playing.

If our 11 pros can't beat or avoid defeat against amateurs, why would they suddenly pull a performance out the bag against our real opposition when the season starts?

Archived