IGNORED

God Save The Queen

Club and Country

It's not about Right and Left, it's about right and wrong.

The Queen, she's a great ambassador for this country, the monarchy represents hundreds of years of history. What would you prefer, the Queen or for us to be a republic and the world to see the likes of Tony and Cherie Blair or some other self serving politician to be what people think of when they they discuss our country? I know what I want, God save the Queen.

The Queen, she's a great ambassador for this country, the monarchy represents hundreds of years of history. What would you prefer, the Queen or for us to be a republic and the world to see the likes of Tony and Cherie Blair or some other self serving politician to be what people think of when they they discuss our country? I know what I want, God save the Queen.

What I would prefer is a democratically elected figurehead of our state without a family of hereditary parasites in tow, prancing around in diamond encrusted gold hats.

What I would prefer is a democratically elected figurehead of our state without a family of hereditary parasites in tow, prancing around in diamond encrusted gold hats.

Oops, thought this was a pre-cursur for the gay weekend we've all been looking forward to, my mistake, as you were

An elected figure head? Stupid idea.

Things are fine how they are and make us unique amongst our peer countries.

I bet the Royal family have raised more for charity than what they've cost the tax payer. Then there is the economic benefit of tourism. I'll be joining in with any last night of the proms songs today because this country makes me proud and our traditions and monarchy are a huge part of that for me.

The Queen wasn't chosen at random, she's only Queen because her Uncle decided to abdicate.

If we had a democratically elected head of state, the same people would moan about that like they do about politicians.

If you cant deal with it why not leave or make a change?

GSTQ

Perhaps a tedious geek like Millipede, instead of one of (if not, the) most respected women on this planet?

Ummm.....no thanks !!

What I realised some time ago is people in charge take the piss. ATM we have politicians (democratically elected) but with no long term plans for the country always looking for what they are going to do when they leave and greasing a few palms with our money on their way, they will put us in debt and make future generations pay to avoid making hard decisions now - we also have the royals an unelected head of state that takes millions from government coffers but have a long term interest in the well being of the country.

What ever you choose your going to get abused. My personal opinion is we have it about right, the queen can remove the government if there is strong public opinion in that direction and the people can remove he queen if there is enough strength in that opinion.

What a numb nuts comment. Without boring the pants of anyone just remember our country without the Windsors would lose billions in revenue not the opposite. Just the birth of the expectant 3rd in line to the throne will add close to £400 million to the economy in year one alone. Like it lump it they bring billions not the opposite. Goodnight all.

This is a myth, people still flock to Paris, New York, Rome. In fact it would probably boost tourism, imagine it Buckingham Palace, this is where the parasites used to live, lets go in & have a look around and use the bog while we're at it, you are easily fooled if you think BILLIONS, don't believe all that you read!

This government is about restructuring and not borrowing anymore Pezo, it renounces the whole Labour ethos of borrow, borrow and borrow some more, they are also slowly trying to change the benefit set up & address the ridiculous immigration problem and strain it's put on the NHS etc.

All problems caused by the war criminal and his cronies! If Labour end up at the political helm again, I'll be off.

This is a myth, people still flock to Paris, New York, Rome. In fact it would probably boost tourism, imagine it Buckingham Palace, this is where the parasites used to live, lets go in & have a look around and use the bog while we're at it, you are easily fooled if you think BILLIONS, don't believe all that you read!

Absolutely. The day the queen starts having personal audiences with tourists, I'll believe this. Tourists come for our history, not in the off chance that they might see a toff.

This government is about restructuring and not borrowing anymore Pezo, it renounces the whole Labour ethos of borrow, borrow and borrow some more, they are also slowly trying to change the benefit set up & address the ridiculous immigration problem and strain it's put on the NHS etc.

All problems caused by the war criminal and his cronies! If Labour end up at the political helm again, I'll be off.

You'll be off? not very original, it's been said before by the likes of Tarbuck, Davidson, Connery & Cilla Black , unfortunately they didn't keep their promise!

I find it amazing that in the 21st century people are still prepared to bow down before a monarchy. Everyone is born equal, why should I accept that a family has the right to rule over me purely down to their bloodline?

Almost as ridiculous as people killing each other over which imaginary deity is the true one.

We can send robots to Mars, split atoms, decode DNA etc yet in some respects are still firmly stuck in the middle ages.

What is this bloodline?

Nothing but bullies, thieves and murderers - who took the lives of those who opposed them, along with their land and property. They then proclaimed themselves rulers.

That there are people who continue to revere such bloodlines in the twenty first century is evidence that unintelligence is rife.

Our history?

Yes. The number one destination for chinese visitors to the UK is Bath, because they are interested in the antiquity of the Romans. The States only has a history of 400 years or so, so its hardly surprising the yanks flock to this country.

As to the bloodline of the present bunch, it is of course pretty shaky. After the restoration of Charles the second it all kicked off between the prods and the catholics, and William of Orange snatched the throne from James the second. When the childless Queen Anne died, the throne might rightfully have reverted to the catholic Stuarts (so James Stuart, 'the Old Pretender' and then Charles Stuart, 'Bonnie Prince Charlie') but in the desperation to keep a protestant monarch, the powers that be grubbed around and came up with George, the Elector of Hanover, whose connection to the throne was pretty tenuous but who was invited to be king. He knew a good opportunity when he saw one, and despite the fact that apparently he didn't like England at all, he decided to move in. The present queen is therefore directly descended from a minor German ruler, who had very little connection with this country. How that gives her the authority to 'rule' us, beats me.

You tell me !!

Her latest approval rate in this country alone was more than 70%

More a commentary on peoples lack of thinking and a combination of good pr management and a simpering, self interested press and establishment.

No one has asked me of my opinion. Who are the 70% and where are they?

What a numb nuts comment. Without boring the pants of anyone just remember our country without the Windsors would lose billions in revenue not the opposite. Just the birth of the expectant 3rd in line to the throne will add close to £400 million to the economy in year one alone. Like it lump it they bring billions not the opposite. Goodnight all.

All I can say to that is...... sorry, boring rhetoric trotted out from our births so that we 'Love The Royals' and are brainwashed....... this country need to move on.

They need to slide into the background with all the privilege that they have..... yeah they will keep that.

Archived