IGNORED

Rooney

Super

Don't get the hatred for Rooney

I get there's a lot of United haters out there, for me they've been the best team for a long, long time and anyone who knocked Liverpool off 'their ******* perch' is good enough for me

So what, he wants to play football at the highest level, aren't we praising Albert for that (in the main) on another thread? He's been at United a long time, change as good as a rest and all that. Fair shout to the bloke, I just want him to be firing on all cylinders come next summer.....if we get there. Couldn't give a rats arse who he plays for, although I'd like it not to be Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool. Or R*vers. Or C*rdiff, Palarse, Forest etc. you get my point

I get there's a lot of United haters out there, for me they've been the best team for a long, long time and anyone who knocked Liverpool off 'their ******* perch' is good enough for me

So what, he wants to play football at the highest level, aren't we praising Albert for that (in the main) on another thread? He's been at United a long time, change as good as a rest and all that. Fair shout to the bloke, I just want him to be firing on all cylinders come next summer.....if we get there. Couldn't give a rats arse who he plays for, although I'd like it not to be Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool. Or R*vers. Or C*rdiff, Palarse, Forest etc. you get my point

I have no hatred for him but he is never world class like some say.

The English media have a terrible habit of over-hyping players, but you just have to listen to other world-class players across Europe and what they think of him to know he is world class. As much as the media like to hype our players, the public love to knock then down. Rooney ain't a Messi or Ronaldo, etc but I think he's somewhere in the next tier down, he's a quality player. I was always surprised he was never converted to a midfielder actually, but I think it's probably a bit late for that now

He submitted a transfer request a few years ago because he thought United should be signing better players.

They did. And now Wayne finds himself on the bench.

You can't help but think he brought this on himself........ sort of.

Quite amusing really. I don't think he will be a massive loss. If he has any ambition to be classed as a really good player, he should go abroad an open his eyes to a different style of football

If he goes to another top club there's no guarantee he'll be a starter there either. Thought he was pretty hard done by getting dropped for Real Madrid though. Whose to say RVP won't get an injury or suffer a loss of form anyway?

May be wrong but he doesn't strike me as the sort of player that'll feel at home abroad so can only see him at another English club. I think he'd do best at Arsenal and learn loads from Arsene.

Good player undoubtedly but is he better than RVP? No.

He is however good enough to play first team football at the highest level and therefore a new club might be best for him. He isn't one of the top ten forwards in the world in my opinion but he is too good to be a bit part player.

It's not a hated towards an individual, but a hatred of the Man U arrogance that's been bred over the years AF has been in charge.

And I'd agree with that. But when you saw him at 16 I bet you thought that finally, this country was about to produce the next big thing. As with every other young 'superstar' we seem to produce there is something about the English game that ruins them. If he'd have gone to Barcelona, Real, Juve, Bayern etc instead of United we'd be talking about a very different player now

He's got a chip on his shoulder and plays for United, that makes him fair game in most people's eyes. Still a very good player though, especially when he feels wanted, which is obviously not what he feels right now. Was a very odd statement by Moyes about him being a back up player. He knows that's going to piss Rooney off, makes him look the bad guy, not Moyes. Very clever, because United don't really need him right now

It's World Cup year. Any England fan should want him playing and scoring regularly. Not sitting on Man Us bench.

Get him out of there I say because if there's a better English striker about I've yet to see him play.

Lost his way aye, needs to leave Utd, I think a move abroad would serve him well, Milan, Juve maybe, or like you say PSG.

Archived