IGNORED

Rooney

Super

He's one of those who occasionally knocks on the 'world class' door, but never consistent enough to stay there.

Think he has confidence issues. It all seemed to go wrong when Ronaldo boldly stated he would become the best player in the world, then did just that, firmly putting rooney in his shadow.

The year after ronny went to madrid, rooney had a blinder of a season as he was again the main man. Then rvp came and put him in his place again, and now he wants out.

Personally, I get irritated watching him play. There are sometimes great touches and great goals, but in between a whole load if shite. If it wasn't for the name and the big shrek head, quite often I could believe he was a league 1 player.

Good shout I quite fancy a Rooney to Stoke, Hughes sacked by Xmas double. Paddy power give me a price.

Never going to happen though, what are we talking for the transfer fee? Gotta be upward of 30m, and then his wages. And then there is...well Stoke.

This will run and run, he wants to leave and is getting butthurt like the last time when Sir Alex pacified him with a new deal, but again he clearly feels like a victim somehow.

He is engineering himself a move away and ManU dont play that game.

Rooney is superb. World class at club level, not quite world class at international level but he impresses me watching him live at england matches, particularly his movement when dropping deep.

yes his probing in and around the box is legendary (",)

Hardly.

And we're League 1 so don't pay too much attention to it ;)

I don't mind what league we're in to enjoy watching the cracks appear in the MU dynasty. It gives other teams in the PL a chance to win it other than the predictability of Man U each season. That's got to be a good thing in my book.

To be clear though, I don't support any PL team, but as a neutral, it gets boring watching MOTD when Man U run away with it each year.

It's World Cup year. Any England fan should want him playing and scoring regularly. Not sitting on Man Us bench.

Get him out of there I say because if there's a better English striker about I've yet to see him play.

I wouldn't pick him for the world cup he is shockingly bad in major tourniments,

He is a good player but not world class England don't have a world class player,

He's not in the top 10 world players but he's still a top player. I'd place him in the top 25. He frustrates at time but when you check his goal scoring record its still top drawer. Remember, he scores his goals in the premier league, champions league and england. You can't perform at any higher level than that. He's not doing it up on the downs or in the suburban league.

never performs consistently for england, would be no loss at all and would actually help the team to have him out of it. look at how it helped germany playing without ballack at the WC 2010. similar thing with rooney, theres just an expectation to give him the ball when he's in the side, even though he's sub-par most of the time

he's been second fiddle at man utd for a while and deservedly so. he needs to work harder, sort out his attitude and stop begging for a transfer every time his lazy play leads to him getting less games

I don't mind what league we're in to enjoy watching the cracks appear in the MU dynasty. It gives other teams in the PL a chance to win it other than the predictability of Man U each season. That's got to be a good thing in my book.

To be clear though, I don't support any PL team, but as a neutral, it gets boring watching MOTD when Man U run away with it each year.

Hold on... In the last 10 years 4 different teams have won the Premier League, only 3 different teams have won the Bundesleague or La Liga iirc. ManUre won it last year, Citeh the year before and 2 seasons before it was Chelsea. I have no particular love of Man Utd, but I'd rather them than Chelsea, Citeh or France

Anyhow, looks like Rooney wants out, I'd be very surprised if Utd let him go to a rival so it'll be abroad or the bench I reckon

Hold on... In the last 10 years 4 different teams have won the Premier League, only 3 different teams have won the Bundesleague or La Liga iirc. ManUre won it last year, Citeh the year before and 2 seasons before it was Chelsea. I have no particular love of Man Utd, but I'd rather them than Chelsea, Citeh or France

Anyhow, looks like Rooney wants out, I'd be very surprised if Utd let him go to a rival so it'll be abroad or the bench I reckon

bayern, bremen, stuttgart, wolfsburg, dortmund all since 02/03

This

City and Chelsea wouldn't be anywhere without the oil money, Arsenal have always been well run (bit too well run if anything), United got rich by winning trophies, and on the back of a world wide support spending a lot of money. They marketed well and made a lot of money off their players

Even with all their money City & Chelsea still can't touch them at times. I think it will be a lot closer this season, but if the others aren't good enough, consistent enough to keep up with them that's hardly United's fault

And no, I'm not a secret United lover, they are most certainly not my 2nd team - but regardless of what people think of SAF as a person he done a hell of a job there

I wouldn't pick him for the world cup he is shockingly bad in major tourniments,

He is a good player but not world class England don't have a world class player,

Last season he scored 7 goals in 7 England games. Yes his recent record in tournaments is poor (bar Portugal 2004) but he's often been taken injured/suspended to tournaments.

There is no one else. And if anyone says Danny Wellbeck I will make it a personal crusade to find you and slap you with a fish.

Last season he scored 7 goals in 7 England games. Yes his recent record in tournaments is poor (bar Portugal 2004) but he's often been taken injured/suspended to tournaments.

There is no one else. And if anyone says Danny Wellbeck I will make it a personal crusade to find you and slap you with a fish.

jermain defoe, Rickie Lambert, Grant Holt

never performs consistently for england, would be no loss at all and would actually help the team to have him out of it. look at how it helped germany playing without ballack at the WC 2010. similar thing with rooney, theres just an expectation to give him the ball when he's in the side, even though he's sub-par most of the time

he's been second fiddle at man utd for a while and deservedly so. he needs to work harder, sort out his attitude and stop begging for a transfer every time his lazy play leads to him getting less games

Not many English players perform consistently for England! Rooney works hard as well as being a top player. At this stage there is no one capable of playing in his place at international level. Now in a year or two that could all change of course...

He submitted a transfer request a few years ago because he thought United should be signing better players.

They did. And now Wayne finds himself on the bench.

You can't help but think he brought this on himself........ sort of.

I was laughing about this also. He claimed the club were showing lack of ambition in the transfer market, he then slaps in a transfer request. He gets a new mega bucks 5 year deal then MU go and show a little ambition by signing RVP who duly takes over as top dog. Rooney doesn't like this and wants out again. You couldn't make it up.

I personally think a change will do him good. He's been there 9 years now and I'd also like to see him play abroad but I doubt that will happen. He's plateaued or arguably declined in recent years, however he's still a good player. His spark needs to be reignited somewhere else and I think Jose is just the man to do that. CSKA London would be a good fit IMO.

jermain defoe, Rickie Lambert, Grant Holt

Grant Holt! Amazing. Why not pick our entire team out of the Championship? That's bound to work.

I'm no particular fan of Wayne Rooney, but you must be on a wind up?

Nobody who has a pair of eyes and/or has ever watched a game of football would seriously have any of those three in the England team ahead of Rooney.

Archived