IGNORED

Rooney

Super

i'm with all of you - why on earth would man united reject that? 10m plus a world class midfielder they desperately need, and the chance to get an unmotivated, overpaid player off the books! i would've accepted that immediately.

mata is worth more on the market than rooney is. what a deal!

Deary me. Defoe will be in the England squad no doubt.

But the other two have no international caps between them and you want them to go to brazil!?

I might have let you off if you'd said Peter Crouch.

So was Rooney born with an international cap?

I wouldn't pick two of them for England if Rooney had two broken legs and was playing for a different country.

Why Lambert was joint top English goal scorer along side Lampard and he does't exactly get better service from Southampton like Rooney at man u.

Sturridge was excellent for Liverpool when surez got banned last year. Although not worth 35m or even 15m, I do like Andy Carroll. Rooney does a lot off the ball that only seeing him live shows as the cameras dont follow him, but his final product for England isn't great. My 4th striker is any from Welbeck, Defoe, Lambert, Baldock or Holt

Sturridge was excellent for Liverpool when surez got banned last year. Although not worth 35m or even 15m, I do like Andy Carroll. Rooney does a lot off the ball that only seeing him live shows as the cameras dont follow him, but his final product for England isn't great. My 4th striker is any from Welbeck, Defoe, Lambert, Baldock or Holt

4th striker id go with crouch. Scored a lot of international goals, international teams can handle him

4th striker id go with crouch. Scored a lot of international goals, international teams can handle him

As much as I like Crouch, his international career is dead. He's being linked with a £1m move to somewhere in Turkey or QPR.

Hodgson will pick (if available) Rooney, Welbeck, Sturridge and Defoe

I'd personally go for Rooney, Sturridge, Defoe and Lambert as the latter brings something different to the table. I know he's a former gas head but living in Southampton I've seen him play a lot and his link up play and goal scoring ability is fantastic; just a little sluggish.

MAYNARD FOR ENGLAND...

Of course he wasn't, thanks for your input. Holt/Gashead Lambert have proved worthy of a call up (IMO) over the last couple of seasons but Roy Hodgson has overlooked them. It's too late now they're time is gone.

Both donkeys. Saying that Michael Ricketts and Kevin Davies got caps so you might as well.

Ah, ok. It makes sense now. Not

Surely it makes sense in the same way your first post highlighted a dislike of Liverpool?

Your generation despises 'Pool because they were undeniably the best side for 20 years.

My generation despises Utd for similar reasons.

Just the way football is I guess.

Why Lambert was joint top English goal scorer along side Lampard and he does't exactly get better service from Southampton like Rooney at man u.

It's not all about goals. Rooney is just... better. That's it. He has more aspects to his game, and on his day, which is worth the wait, he can obliterate the top teams. Lambert has had a good season, but the whole team has been based around him. Rooney has had to contend with being second fiddle to van Persie and still scored goals.

Surely it makes sense in the same way your first post highlighted a dislike of Liverpool?

Your generation despises 'Pool because they were undeniably the best side for 20 years.

My generation despises Utd for similar reasons.

Just the way football is I guess.

British people don't like winners. We love the underdog and we reward mediocrity.

Kids at school get rewarded for trying hard now a days and not for excellence. Then we give out mbe's and obe's willy nilly.

Archived