IGNORED

City Vs Reading Match Day Thread

East end Forever

Edit. IScoreWheniWant seems to think flint's passing is poor. I am presuming he is there.

I was there. His passing was terrible. Really rubbish.

Quality in the air though, and brave, and strong, puts his foot through it when needed. I really think he's exactly what we've been missing.

But guys, seriously, you'll soon see what I mean, he ain't a ball player.

If BWP was good enough he would of had championship sides after him.

Really. The chance to join NYRB's would no doubt be more appealing than 99% of clubs in the championship, not so much the footy but the chance to live and work in NY would be massive and rare opportunity for any player, especially compared to joining a club like Blackpool, Yeovil or Barnsley.

Really. The chance to join NYRB's would no doubt be more appealing than 99% of clubs in the championship, not so much the footy but the chance to live and work in NY would be massive and rare opportunity for any player, especially compared to joining a club like Blackpool, Yeovil or Barnsley.

The whole point is these clubs weren't in for him in the first place.....even Brentford didn't sign him after his loan. Not saying its a bad move because its not, but the fact is we have had the summer and no clubs have been in for him.....his stock has fallen considerably.

The chance to play with Thierry Henry and Tim Cahill, not bad!

I was there. His passing was terrible. Really rubbish.

Quality in the air though, and brave, and strong, puts his foot through it when needed. I really think he's exactly what we've been missing.

But guys, seriously, you'll soon see what I mean, he ain't a ball player.

Cheers. Sounds much like my vile swindon dwelling colleagues described him.

Enjoyed that,

Nice to clap the team off after a home win. Last one seems like a lifetime ago :)

Yeah definitely glad I went pretty good game in the end. Got a good side there now I think.

Winter played well you can tell this boy grew up at arsenal. So calm mops up nicely keeps the ball moving.

Wagstaff - pure energy

And this is going to hurt..... Killkenny had a good game some great crosses and was involved in the goal.

The whole point is these clubs weren't in for him in the first place.....even Brentford didn't sign him after his loan. Not saying its a bad move because its not, but the fact is we have had the summer and no clubs have been in for him.....his stock has fallen considerably.

Brentford wanted him. Spoke to him and he joined's joined NY instead, I'm sure you were in on these meetings unlike me

His record for Charlton in 3 years was one goal in 3, not too shabby, neither was 22 goals in their promotion season.

Or perhaps you'd just use common sense to suggest that any offer he'd likely get would be nothing compared to the deal he's got.

Good Luck to the lad.

Brentford wanted him. Spoke to him and he joined's joined NY instead, I'm sure you were in on these meetings unlike me

His record for Charlton in 3 years was one goal in 3, not too shabby, neither was 22 goals in their promotion season.

Or perhaps you'd just use common sense to suggest that any offer he'd likely get would be nothing compared to the deal he's got.

Good Luck to the lad.

Brentford didn't want him. They signed Griggs instead. Yes I know his previous goal scoring record.

Just back in, I think some comments on Flint are abit harsh above. I wouldn't say he's terrible on the ball as such and at least dosnt look nervous like Fontaine.

Generally a good work out, Kilkenny stood out for me alongside Wynter. Good to see a partnership there really with Kelly out! Mention as well for Wagstaff who worked socks off and will be good player for us.

Brentford didn't want him. They signed Griggs instead. Yes I know his previous goal scoring record.

Sigh. If you don't want a player. Why hold talks with him? Rosler confirmed publically they had spoken.

They spoke to him, didnt happen they then went for Griggs which did happen

Just back in, I think some comments on Flint are abit harsh above. I wouldn't say he's terrible on the ball as such and at least dosnt look nervous like Fontaine.

Generally a good work out, Kilkenny stood out for me alongside Wynter. Good to see a partnership there really with Kelly out! Mention as well for Wagstaff who worked socks off and will be good player for us.

Agreed, Flint reminds me of McCombe but with less dilly and dallying.

Have to say that was good viewing and certainly one of the better friendlies you are likely to see. First half in particular I thought we were excellent and were controlling possession. Had Baldock been able to finish off a couple of good moves we could/should have been going in at half time 2-0 up.

Wynter and Kilkenny were excellent in the middle, the two fullbacks offered great width going forward and I thought the two centre halves looked to be forming a promising partnership. Flint also found Baldock with a couple of excellent passes over the top, which I certainly wasn't expecting to see from him as he hasn't seemed the most confident in possession inn the other pre season games I have seen.

Second half Reading probably shaded it and had it not been for some excellent last gasp defending they would certainly have scored at least 1, but on the balance of the 90 minutes I would say we ran out deserved winners.

It is certainly worth noting that we played quite well against Southampton in pre season last year though and we all know what happened next.

Not scoring much in preseason but seem a lot less troubled at the back which is a good sign. Hard to beat first and foremost has to be the way to go after last season!

Makes you wonder why we couldn't add Flint and Wynter in the January transfer window. We might've stayed up!

Agreed, Flint reminds me of McCombe but with less dilly and dallying.

If he can do the job of mCcombe, that good enough for us.

My own concern is can he adapt quickly to keeping the ball down and passing it, seems to me coming from non-league he probably has too much hoof ball mentality drilled into him.

There is going to be games which just aren't right for him I think, against the likes of Preston/Wolves I wouldn't be surprised to see Louis get the nod due to expereicnce, but can't think of a better player for him to learn from.

I think he'll start slow and get better and better as season goes on.

Have to say that was good viewing and certainly one of the better friendlies you are likely to see. First half in particular I thought we were excellent and were controlling possession. Had Baldock been able to finish off a couple of good moves we could/should have been going in at half time 2-0 up.

Wynter and Kilkenny were excellent in the middle, the two fullbacks offered great width going forward and I thought the two centre halves looked to be forming a promising partnership. Flint also found Baldock with a couple of excellent passes over the top, which I certainly wasn't expecting to see from him as he hasn't seemed the most confident in possession inn the other pre season games I have seen.

Second half Reading probably shaded it and had it not been for some excellent last gasp defending they would certainly have scored at least 1, but on the balance of the 90 minutes I would say we ran out deserved winners.

It is certainly worth noting that we played quite well against Southampton in pre season last year though and we all know what happened next.

Very encouraged that Wynter and Killa worked well together tonight. Vital they can play together with the loss of kelly.

Second half I think Reading upped the pace and pressed higher and faster - it was a good test for our defence.

Their number 12 also had the beating of Cunningham multiple times in the 2nd half.

Overall it was an impressive display against a side filled with quality throughout. There certainly seemed to be a more considered approach with players wanting the ball more and showing more desire to keep possession. Everyone was working hard and there was an apparent organisation throughout the team which was good to see.

From what I saw Flint played very well. He was assured and commanding and contrary to other posters opinions where possible he played the ball out well and indeed set up Baldock with an excellent pass. Don't get me wrong, he hoofed it when required but he looks a decent enough player in possession to me.

Adomah was kept quiet by Bridge which is no great shame. JET too was working hard but coming up against a well organised back line for Reading. Baldock looks very sharp and will be excellent for us this year I feel. Both full-backs were excellent and I am delighted we've been able to keep them as they can both get forward confidently but are equally solid at the back. Kilkenny was working most things and although I get frustrated that he sometimes holds on to the ball too long, he is likely to be the main creator of chances. Harewood carrying nowhere near as much timber as I expected and tried to get involved in the few minutes he had. Looks like another option at least which we'll need with Davies likely to be going. Fielding played well and was commanding with great communication to his defenders. Wagstaff was quiet to start with but as the game progressed I was quietly impressed by his contribution. Nothing dynamic but some quality touches and progressive runs from the left side in the absence of Pearson.

Had to laugh after the game outside the entrance to the Williams as some old chap was wildly berating some club officials regarding the proposed sale of Adomah. I think he was suggesting that £1m is nothing and we'll need him when we're in the Premier League....ever the optimist I guess!

Archived