IGNORED

I Won't Be Going Again....

cheese

Queued for an hour to get tickets - missed the first 20 minutes or so of the game £84 for 70 minutes. I will not be returning this season - absolute shambles.

As for the game (or the bit I saw). Looked like same old same old for me.

Queued for an hour to get tickets - missed the first 20 minutes or so of the game £84 for 70 minutes. I will not be returning this season - absolute shambles.

Should have brought them and got them posted to you. There was always going to be a big queue. Only got yourself to blame.

Should have brought them and got them posted to you. There was always going to be a big queue. Only got yourself to blame.

Easy for you to say, but my personal circumstances make that virtually impossible - going is always almost a last minute decision. Any more bright ideas?

And, you believe queueing for an hour for tickets at any entertainment venue is acceptable?

And, you believe queueing for an hour for tickets at any entertainment venue is acceptable?

Well they cant build a new ticket office in 30 minutes because it's the first game of the season and there is extra demand. What do you expect the club to do? You have arrived and people have got there before you, personal cirumstances or not, leave earlier and get in the queue earlier you wont wait as long.

If you can, come to the Cov game, there's a definite step up n the quality of passing and interaction between players - they are young and hungry, hey won't win every game and to be honest I thought the side slumped about the 30 min mark when Bradford started throwing their weight around. They won't win every week but there were some very decent spells today that were pleasing to the eye

Today was never going to be smooth because of the size of the ticketing operation and the number of staff; and the fact you can't really get down at 10am to be banging on the ticket office doors!

Well they cant build a new ticket office in 30 minutes because it's the first game of the season and there is extra demand. What do you expect the club to do? You have arrived and people have got there before you, personal cirumstances or not, leave earlier and get in the queue earlier you wont wait as long.

You know how many ticket offices were closed today? The one outside the Dolman was closed, the small one outside the WIlliams was closed. 5 windows were open. There were plenty behind me still queuing when I got mine. 2:15pm I arrived, after a 3 hour drive from home - we don't all live 20 minutes away.

Ridiculous how is this guy to blame?! I'm not agreeing that he shouldn't return but my god the clubs a shambles organisational wise... It was the same at the reading game last week I queued 40 mins for a ticket and missed the first 5mins only 2700 crowd. This guy deserves better.

You know how many ticket offices were closed today? The one outside the Dolman was closed, the small one outside the WIlliams was closed. 5 windows were open. There were plenty behind me still queuing when I got mine. 2:15pm I arrived, after a 3 hour drive from home - we don't all live 20 minutes away.

I live in Surrey and left at 8am to catch 2 trains to get into Bristol at 12....after the game I walked back to Temple Meads and got home at 9. Im also a single parent. If I can do it, so can you.

If you can, come to the Cov game, there's a definite step up n the quality of passing and interaction between players - they are young and hungry, hey won't win every game and to be honest I thought the side slumped about the 30 min mark when Bradford started throwing their weight around. They won't win every week but there were some very decent spells today that were pleasing to the eye

Today was never going to be smooth because of the size of the ticketing operation and the number of staff; and the fact you can't really get down at 10am to be banging on the ticket office doors!

Haha - I must've missed the best bits then! :) Gutted the Cov game has moved to Northampton - the Ricoh is only 15 minutes from me (and I've only ever had to queue for 5 minutes when buying from there!)

I live in Surrey and left at 8am to catch 2 trains to get into Bristol at 12....after the game I walked back to Temple Meads and got home at 9. Im also a single parent. If I can do it, so can you.

I'm not a single parent and I don't see the relevance. Your schedule would be impossible for me.

In the end they started selling tickets from the club shop - a few of us managed to nip in there for some. It's an entertainment event, it's what the club do. It was organised in an amateurish way. Why should we turn up early? What time is early anyway? Employ enough people to do the job properly or get someone in who can organise a pissup in a brewery. There were plenty of Bradford fans behind me too - what kind of impression does it give them? It was emabarrassing.

I think you're missing the point here... He got to the ground 40 mins before kick off which 'should be' plenty of time to pick up tickets, it was City's cock-up so get off your high horse and give the guy a break!

In the end they started selling tickets from the club shop - a few of us managed to nip in there for some. It's an entertainment event, it's what the club do. It was organised in an amateurish way. Why should we turn up early? What time is early anyway? Employ enough people to do the job properly or get someone in who can organise a pissup in a brewery. There were plenty of Bradford fans behind me too - what kind of impression does it give them? It was emabarrassing.

Who cares what impression it bloody gives Bradford. Clearly the club has to answer some questions but still no real need to throw your toys out of the pram.

Who cares what impression it bloody gives Bradford. Clearly the club has to answer some questions but still no real need to throw your toys out of the pram.

With all due respect I'd quite like the outside opinion of Bristol City to be positive. Not the yokel, inbred, drunken retard that most teams think we are

Well I care about how the club is seen by rival supporters and I would hope the club cares about what people think about it. Maybe that's the problem - they don't care. Toys are not being thrown out of pram - I won't be visiting Ashton Gate again this season - plenty of away games I can get to but I'm not driving for 5/6 hours and then to have to stand in a queue for an hour for tickets. Luckily it was warm and dry - come the winter I'm not going to be freezing my bollox off.

Haha - I must've missed the best bits then! :) Gutted the Cov game has moved to Northampton - the Ricoh is only 15 minutes from me (and I've only ever had to queue for 5 minutes when buying from there!)

For me it was the constant, throughout the game, each player looked like they wanted the ball - we kept the ball and played it around very nicely early on was the best for that really after we'd settled down.

It was an honest performance where we paid for not picking up runners on the set piece (which happened a lot but they didn't capitalise) Pack's couple of passes must have given you a glimpse of what talent O'Driscoll has recruited, I hope they can gel and evolve into an even more fluid team.

Also, how many times did the "same old" city, pass the ball out of tight areas between 2,3,4 and 5 players today? Some players may have hofed at times but the majority of the play were passes no more than 15 yards, that's football

Well I care about how the club is seen by rival supporters and I would hope the club cares about what people think about it. Maybe that's the problem - they don't care. Toys are not being thrown out of pram - I won't be visiting Ashton Gate again this season - plenty of away games I can get to but I'm not driving for 5/6 hours and then to have to stand in a queue for an hour for tickets. Luckily it was warm and dry - come the winter I'm not going to be freezing my bollox off.

Well you don't care if you are point blank refusing to go again.

For me it was the constant, throughout the game, each player looked like they wanted the ball - we kept the ball and played it around very nicely early on was the best for that really after we'd settled down.

It was an honest performance where we paid for not picking up runners on the set piece (which happened a lot but they didn't capitalise) Pack's couple of passes must have given you a glimpse of what talent O'Driscoll has recruited, I hope they can gel and evolve into an even more fluid team.

Also, how many times did the "same old" city, pass the ball out of tight areas between 2,3,4 and 5 players today? Some players may have hofed at times but the majority of the play were passes no more than 15 yards, that's football

Yes you're right - the passing was better and I did enjoy Pack but... we just seemed flat footed at times and hesitant - waiting for the ball rather than meeting it. GUess that's L1 tho'.

Its so easy to say you got only yourself to blame. I got to the gate at 13:50, I had to wait 45 minutes to get my ticket. I had a pint in the near deserted Dolman stand bar. Then queued 20 minutes to get in. While I think the Op was a little over the top with never again it does leave a sour taste in the mouth. Some Saturdays are easy for me but most are last minute dashes due to work and family commitments. 45 minute queues for tickets are ridiculous, coupled with queues to get in it was crap. I like to think I can view these things pragmatically but they have to find a way to get the queues down. I saw lots of people with waiscoats saying stadium ambassador etc who just asked are you looking for a ticket, queue here. I know where to queue fgs why cant one or two of them be behind the tills giving out tickets. Now this is the ISSUE for me, many left giving up and the Op says never again is that a good thing, no. Saying get down earlier is no good. Cheese you have my sympathy, but your comment same old for me is way OTT as I think there is huge optimism with regards to the team.

We got to sort out this ticket and getting in Problem else I will decide more often not that I will not have time to get down, and it won't be for wanting.

Archived