IGNORED

I Won't Be Going Again....

cheese

If you have a credit/debit card you can buy online and print a ticket. Most of us have printers and we all have internet access or no otib. I do sympathise as my dad got in 20 mins late, but when I reminded him he could have bought and printed he did accept an element of fault. The club should however have been able to cope. redonculous

Who explained every thing they are doing right ? Is that about dl ?

Aye DL. Everytime he comes on here explaining the problems fans experience, he blabbers on with a huge list of what the club ate doing well pointing out awards and apparent things the club are doing well. Current flavour of the day, we are community club of the year!

I'm sure that is great for all those that have been on the end of piss poor customer service. ......... again!

Had a very similar experience few years ago on opening day. Think that was a 2-2 as well.

Arrived with plenty of time to spare (or so we thought), only to find ourselves caught up on a farcical ticket merry go round. We were directed this way then that, from one ticket office to another, each denied possessing the tickets we were after.

Eventually we entered a long queue which didn't seem to move. We sobered what on earth they were doing - how long does it take to hand over some tickets in exchange for some notes?

Individuals seemed to be at the counter for an eternity...and doing what who knows.

Anyway, we got near the front when the whistle went, and missed the first twenty five minutes.

We were furious and promised to do this and that, but neglected to do anything once we were home and had calmed down.

Point is though, they obviously still haven't sorted or out, and it simply isn't good enough.

I can't believe some of the people who have jumped on this thread attacking the op. Why? Why defends the club...who cares about his personal circumstances...it is the clubs fault, and there are no excuses.

Aye DL. Everytime he comes on here explaining the problems fans experience, he blabbers on with a huge list of what the club ate doing well pointing out awards and apparent things the club are doing well. Current flavour of the day, we are community club of the year!

I'm sure that is great for all those that have been on the end of piss poor customer service. ......... again!

100% bad preperation by city today for entry into dolman .dont post alot on here but do read board what u think dl will post about today not prepared for atttendance or just simlple not our fault tech problem/cost cutting trial

100% bad preperation by city today for entry into dolman .dont post alot on here but do read board what u think dl will post about today not prepared for atttendance or just simlple not our fault tech problem/cost cutting trial

Usual spun bullshit, Then take mass amounts of credit when it works as it should next home game and let us all know how they are listening to us fans

The shambles bit had some resonance with my experience at the car park gate... paid over the phone, assured my name would be at the gate to get the car park badge.. done it a few times before. Today they did not have my name on the list and no record of payment... now that IS a shambles. Fortunately the girl saw common sense and let me in. Either that or the half dozen cars i was backing up was becoming an issue!!

If you have a credit/debit card you can buy online and print a ticket. Most of us have printers and we all have internet access or no otib. I do sympathise as my dad got in 20 mins late, but when I reminded him he could have bought and printed he did accept an element of fault. The club should however have been able to cope. redonculous

Bet that went down well.

The OP is correct to be miffed. Prepared to part with hard earned wonga, to watch the team and be treated like this. Same at the Reading friendly queued for 20-30 mins,

nearly packed it in and went home. I take a disabled guy, have done for years, same entarnce to the dolman, same stewards who know the guy well week in week out.

Today pick him up from his care home, season ticket locked in the safe, I dont know the code so turn up at the gate and expain to the steward whats happened. You got it,

"not my job mate see her over there". So I see her over there, not frigin interested, "go to the ticket office", queue bloddy huge. Glad to say one steward did see sence and

sorted it. Quite why common sence did not prevail, just let the guy in for god sakes and use some common sence, it was bloddy obvoius he had a Season ticket, how else would my

ST have the words carer written on it. We do seem to have more than our fair share of morons at the gate.

I'm not sure he can do anything this time other than put his hands up on behalf of city. They chose to shut a lot of the turn styles. They can't blame that on anyone else.

I really hope it isn't hidden in a load of sound bites of how well they are performing elsewhere. there was no excuse for it. Open all the bloody turn styles. Hey they can get players delivering tickets. Get those not playing manning the turn styles! they get paid enough to sit in the stands or at home. Get yer moneys worht, they are paying them after all :) clearly that won't happen, but it would be nice to seer if they would think about it!

Well I care about how the club is seen by rival supporters and I would hope the club cares about what people think about it. Maybe that's the problem - they don't care. Toys are not being thrown out of pram - I won't be visiting Ashton Gate again this season - plenty of away games I can get to but I'm not driving for 5/6 hours and then to have to stand in a queue for an hour for tickets. Luckily it was warm and dry - come the winter I'm not going to be freezing my bollox off.

I simplifize with you mate. But just to clarify your journey times, so your earlier posts say you travelled 3 hours from Coventry to get here ( two hours I would say) now it's jumped up to 5/6 hours?

Even if you are referring to away fixtures you live in central England so I would have thought you have less travel time ( most of the time) than a lot of Bristol based city fans. You are also suggesting that you will need to queue for hours at the away fixtures also, if this is the norm then you don't have too much to moan about.

not going again because of a cr4p perfromance i could understand but because you had to queue and miss some of the game ...like many others it seems..??.....well thats your choice I guess

If I had a quid for everytime that i have had to queue at a match ...home or away.....i would be living on Guernsey like Mr Lansdown ....

agree it Was a bit of a PR mess though for 1st game of season...

Your club was a shambles today. 5 hour journey to be told we need to queue up in the home ticket office for nearly an hour to get a ticket. With them fully aware we were not going to sell out our allocation. Them 10 minutes into the match they suddenly decide to let us pay on the gate ? Which then resorted in a mass rush to the away end to find ONE turnstile open for 200 plus fans. And then after the game to recieve abuse from old men sat outside a pub is just embarrassing. You should be ashamed of your clubs organisation and some of your pathetic clueless fans. I certainly wont visit ashton gate again. I hope our club make a formal complaint about your treatment of away fans. But im sure your club wont care.

I actually can't belive some of you don't appreciate people have a different set of circumstances than yourselve's. Queueing up at 2.15 should have given him plenty of time to get tickets - but there were not enough ticket offices/windows open when there could have been, there is nobody else to blame but the club for that.

This is absurdly long thread for a entirely justified complaint.

Yes, there are options to buy tickets in advance but anyone turning up to buy a ticket on the day should reasonably expect to be able to get in on time having turned up 45 mins early.

Anyone giving the OP grief for not buying in advance has missed that point completely. Agree though that not going again would seem a little over the top.

It probably is and tomorrow after a good nights sleep I'll probably change my mind. It's a tradition anyway, when I was a nipper me and my old man always used to leave the East End saying we were never coming back after that crap performance - but we were always there for the next game!! :)

I actually can't belive some of you don't appreciate people have a different set of circumstances than yourselve's. Queueing up at 2.15 should have given him plenty of time to get tickets - but there were not enough ticket offices/windows open when there could have been, there is nobody else to blame but the club for that.

Completely agree it was a shambles and something needs to be done.

I simplifize with you mate. But just to clarify your journey times, so your earlier posts say you travelled 3 hours from Coventry to get here ( two hours I would say) now it's jumped up to 5/6 hours?

Even if you are referring to away fixtures you live in central England so I would have thought you have less travel time ( most of the time) than a lot of Bristol based city fans. You are also suggesting that you will need to queue for hours at the away fixtures also, if this is the norm then you don't have too much to moan about.

5/6 hours there and back - M5 was chocka on the way down from J13

Oh, and have never queued for long at away fixtures - worst was Derby a couple of seasons back and that was 20 minutes. Don't have a problem with that.

I thought it was bad enough arriving at the stadium at half 2 to only just make it to our seats in time for kick off in the Dolman. Cannot believe what I am reading tbh, the club will lose lots of money if this continues. One ticket sold would pay the wages of one member of staff operating the turnstyle/till that it was sold from. Come on city, the fans deserve better.

At the end of the day the club are quick enough to take your cash, they are the ones who are disorganized not the person having to queue. These tickets should be where they say they will be, whether through the post pick up at the ground or even sending players around to houses.

There are no excuses to be had, they say get to the ground early, i say get more staff and gates open.

Cheese i feel sorry for you, having different crap chucked at you on this forum, and then you have the others who see the logic in what you say.

Come on City get your act together your the the only one to blame!

Archived