IGNORED

I Won't Be Going Again....

cheese

Well I care about how the club is seen by rival supporters and I would hope the club cares about what people think about it. Maybe that's the problem - they don't care. Toys are not being thrown out of pram - I won't be visiting Ashton Gate again this season - plenty of away games I can get to but I'm not driving for 5/6 hours and then to have to stand in a queue for an hour for tickets. Luckily it was warm and dry - come the winter I'm not going to be freezing my bollox off.

Buy your tickets in advance next time. Not hard.

Just out curiosity, what are your circumstances that make it difficult to get to the gate early or know if you can get to the game until just before?

I deal with children's services - today I took 4 kids, on Wednesday I thought I would only be able to take two - if I ordered tickets in time I wouldn't have had enough. Sometimes it's the other way around, things can change on the morning of the match.

Queued for an hour to get tickets - missed the first 20 minutes or so of the game £84 for 70 minutes. I will not be returning this season - absolute shambles.

As for the game (or the bit I saw). Looked like same old same old for me.

I understand your frustration but its a bit extreme not to go again all season. Surely a complaint to the club would be adequate (you never know they may refund/compensate you,) and make sure you buy in advance or get there early next time.

Not good by the club today but your over reacting slightly IMO.

Yeah - you haven't read the thread really have you. I've already dealt with that. Thanks for your input.

You replied to someone about your circumstances after I said buy in advance.

Do you never know the day before how many children you will have?

Haven't you got friends in Bristol who can buy you tickets earlier if needed?

I understand your frustration but its a bit extreme not to go again all season. Surely a complaint to the club would be adequate (you never know they may refund/compensate you,) and make sure you buy in advance or get there early next time.

Not good by the club today but your over reacting slightly IMO.

It probably is and tomorrow after a good nights sleep I'll probably change my mind. It's a tradition anyway, when I was a nipper me and my old man always used to leave the East End saying we were never coming back after that crap performance - but we were always there for the next game!! :)

You replied to someone about your circumstances after I said buy in advance.

Do you never know the day before how many children you will have?

Haven't you got friends in Bristol who can buy you tickets earlier if needed?

Like I said - it can change on the morning. Believe me, if I could but in advance I would - it's cheaper for one thing!

Queued for an hour to get tickets - missed the first 20 minutes or so of the game £84 for 70 minutes. I will not be returning this season - absolute shambles.

As for the game (or the bit I saw). Looked like same old same old for me.

I wrote a post on this last season. The potd ticketing system is a bit shambolic. In the old days, you used to be able to go to whichever part of the ground you wanted to stand/sit, pay your money at the turnstyle and you were in. Nowadays (unless I'm mistaken) all four stands are served by one tiny little office where you have to queue for an interminably long time while the (not exactly sprightly) staff ask you for your name and address etc etc. As you mentioned, arrive late-ish and you'll miss the start. A more efficient potd system is definitely needed.

so frustrating that people don't get that for some life is not as easy as get your ticket early. I have four tickets for matches i could not get to last season due to work and family situations. I had a huge falling out with her indoors over this matter as quite rightly 28 quid is a lot to spend when you don't go. I am Bristol city to the bone my work family situation means its always going to be last gasp dashes for games on Saturday's they have got to make it easier

I deal with children's services - today I took 4 kids, on Wednesday I thought I would only be able to take two - if I ordered tickets in time I wouldn't have had enough. Sometimes it's the other way around, things can change on the morning of the match.

Fair enough. Makes sense why that would make it a challenge to get enough tickets early enough.

Don't not go again though as you know it wont be like that every week. Would be a shame - and as Jeremy Kyle says 'think about the kids' - you could be denying City's future fan base from supporting them and they'd end upbeing Man U fans or worse..... Same thing happened to me a few seasons ago (and I missed a goal) so I can understand your frustration.

It probably is and tomorrow after a good nights sleep I'll probably change my mind. It's a tradition anyway, when I was a nipper me and my old man always used to leave the East End saying we were never coming back after that crap performance - but we were always there for the next game!! :)

There you are see. A problem shared and all that. You are coming back after all. You know it makes sense.

That's me after most defeats! Always end up going back though haha.

This never happened when I used to attend back in the day. Crowds of 20-35000. Turn up. Cash at the turnstile. Simple. Hardly anyone had tickets. Life is too short to queue for a ticket and then queue to present this ticket at a turnstile.

M8 was bad today with tickets and entry to ground dont let one game stop u from coming maybe dl can explain soon what happened today .

I'm sure he will...... after he has explained everything they are doing right!

Should have brought them and got them posted to you. There was always going to be a big queue. Only got yourself to blame.

Absurd reply. Turning up at 2pm to buy tickets for a game is perfectly reasonable. OP is correct, that is a complete joke. He is right to be angry. Your response genuinely astounds me.

There simply is not enough staff at the ticket office and in the megastore to cope with the volume of supporters wanting tickets.. Im not sure what the situation was with the turnstiles, personally I had no problems I was straight in the ground. The OP is a clown to say hes not attending because of this,, he should of bought a ticket in advance firstly.. and to say its the same old same old is ridiculous I know you only seen 70 mins but did you watch the bloody game.. Onwards and upwards without this tit!!!

The main problem is that we've just been relegated and we're trying to attract more casual supporters, even though they'll now be watching us play teams from a lower division. Having 45 minute queues for casual POTD'ers is hardly going to make people want to return - particularly as this was the first game of the season, I would expect these delays will have lost us a fair few neutrals who were tasting Bristol City for the first time... and yes, anyone who pays to come in and see us is important, as they are a potential season ticket holder in the future.

I was loyal 64-86 with loads of season tickets along the way. Last game was a year back. Gerry Gow's testimonial. One stand opened. Tickets a shambles. At my age I don't have time left to waste in a queue for 30 minutes for a testimonial .. Never mind 45 minutes for a league 3 game. I really do want to come back to the Gate again but given it's a 3 hour round trip from Trowbridge, £10 to park and queues to pay £25 for a ticket and £3.50 for fizzy apple juice .. NO! I refuse to be the club's cash cow ..

I was loyal 64-86 with loads of season tickets along the way. Last game was a year back. Gerry Gow's testimonial. One stand opened. Tickets a shambles. At my age I don't have time left to waste in a queue for 30 minutes for a testimonial .. Never mind 45 minutes for a league 3 game. I really do want to come back to the Gate again but given it's a 3 hour round trip from Trowbridge, £10 to park and queues to pay £25 for a ticket and £3.50 for fizzy apple juice .. NO! I refuse to be the club's cash cow ..

Park in the surrounding streets = free. Ateyo = £19. Bring your own drink.

Just saved you £19.50. Enough for another ticket at another game!!

Thank me later.

The main problem is that we've just been relegated and we're trying to attract more casual supporters, even though they'll now be watching us play teams from a lower division. Having 45 minute queues for casual POTD'ers is hardly going to make people want to return - particularly as this was the first game of the season, I would expect these delays will have lost us a fair few neutrals who were tasting Bristol City for the first time... and yes, anyone who pays to come in and see us is important, as they are a potential season ticket holder in the future.

This is it for me. I was initially glad that people left who were in front of me and my patience was waining despite still having time. This is a problem, one that stating turn up earlier is not good enough, its a problem the club have to address. And if you couple it with a 20 minute queue plus to get in people will turn away. Why have ambassadors when the problem is tickets., Not where to get them and which queue to join but getting them.

I got there at about 2 and was queuing for about 10 mins to collect my season ticket, by the time I'd done all the walking back round it was about 20 past, club did fine for me

Lucky you, but to be fair a season ticket holder you should be given special treatment. However shift workers, standby staff, and people taking kids to games not knowing numbers etc need to be given consideration as do new people to the gate like University students and others. We live in a world thats so busy and now, for me Bristol City need to address this.We are going to lose new fans, aged fans and fans that can only make last dash visits.

Archived