IGNORED

I Won't Be Going Again....

cheese

Should have brought them and got them posted to you. There was always going to be a big queue. Only got yourself to blame.

I live in Surrey and left at 8am to catch 2 trains to get into Bristol at 12....after the game I walked back to Temple Meads and got home at 9. Im also a single parent. If I can do it, so can you.

Well done Superfan.

Queued for an hour to get tickets - missed the first 20 minutes or so of the game £84 for 70 minutes. I will not be returning this season - absolute shambles.

As for the game (or the bit I saw). Looked like same old same old for me.

True supporter!

Agree with you mate. I invited a couple of friends to the game today and neither of them were able to get in due to ticketing problems at the ground. I can't see them coming back in a hurry.

It's supporters on the periphery like this who the club ought to be trying to impress so they'd want to come to games more often. To not be able to get a seat on the day with the ground only 2/3 full is not really good enough.

Whatever opinions, people on here may have re. Cheese' understandably emotional response to being pissed about by the club, the key issue is, yet again, piss poor ticketing arrangements. People who have forked out big money for s/ts should NEVER have to collect them enmasse because of a club balls up and the POTD fiasco cannot possibly be a surprise to the club, given that historically the first home game of the season is often one of the 5 highest home gates of the whole season

It's a shambles and a disservice to the club's supporters.

I had the choice of watching the decisve Test on the box or going to the ground to see what SO'D has achieved (a great deal by all accounts).

But then I knew what everybody but City management and a few self-righteous OTIB posters knew was going to happen - utter chaos at the ticket office and turnstiles. I'll go back when I know that I can buy a ticket and get to my seat within an hour. That won't be any time soon, by all accounts :(

HELLO, MANAGEMENT!! It's not the 1950's - there's lots of other things to do on a Saturday afternoon. If you don't treat your floating fans well, that's exactly what they will do.

Yes, I know there's fans who'll crawl bare-legged over broken glass to see the game, and I salute them - there's an awful lot of potential customers who won't, though...

I get from this "in a Brewery, Organise, Couldnt, A P**s Up" (rearrange the famous saying) Why people seem to besmirch Cheese when he has a valid criticism is beyond me. If that happened to me, I'd have said sod and gone and done something else. These are simple basics that should be de rigeur for customer service orientated business, except, of course for City where the same mistakes, just keep happening over and over and over on this score, and have done so for years. Anyone else remember the lock out for the rearranged Rovers game because the tickets had been over sold, as originals were valid as well, and that was about 18 years ago? Still cant get this side of things right

It goes further back that that - in the days of pay at the gate, only half the turnstiles open for evening matches because the regular operators couldn't get there, and fans coming from delayed by the traffic arriving soon before the 7:30 KO. It happened time after time, but the club never sorted it.

I had the choice of watching the decisve Test on the box or going to the ground to see what SO'D has achieved (a great deal by all accounts).

But then I knew what everybody but City management and a few self-righteous OTIB posters knew was going to happen - utter chaos at the ticket office and turnstiles. I'll go back when I know that I can buy a ticket and get to my seat within an hour. That won't be any time soon, by all accounts :(

HELLO, MANAGEMENT!! It's not the 1950's - there's lots of other things to do on a Saturday afternoon. If you don't treat your floating fans well, that's exactly what they will do.

Yes, I know there's fans who'll crawl bare-legged over broken glass to see the game, and I salute them - there's an awful lot of potential customers who won't, though...

100% correct. i can see some of the older fans having real problems with this kind of fiasco. Nothing better than queuing up in heat or rain 1. to buy a ticket or 2 wait to geh through a over used turn style, when others are available, but cost cutting has dictated they shall not be opened! Treat your punters like dirt, expect to lose them! the one area you do not scrimp on, is customer satisfaction, and that seems the exact area the great and good of AG seem to be scrimping on!

Who employs these people!!!!

Just to finish off this moan. What the hell are the cub doing issuing statement, come early to ensure you get in. Umm i am sorry, if there is a problem with getting people in the ground, you do something to rectify it. You do not put the blame on your support. I have been to grounds with much greater support that can handle late foot fall. The pedalled excuse from AG are pathetic. This is pretty much what they do, what they exist for... getting the general public through turn styles, and they can't even get that right. It's not like they have had over 100 years of practice or anything.

Dave L et al, your excuse every time we get a few fans, is quite frankly pathetic. There should not be any excuses for this shambles, yet we get it wrong nearly every season. Stop blaming late fans and sort out your own infrastructure. Look at yourselves and the club, not the fans.

Whatever opinions, people on here may have re. Cheese' understandably emotional response to being pissed about by the club, the key issue is, yet again, piss poor ticketing arrangements. People who have forked out big money for s/ts should NEVER have to collect them enmasse because of a club balls up and the POTD fiasco cannot possibly be a surprise to the club, given that historically the first home game of the season is often one of the 5 highest home gates of the whole season

It's a shambles and a disservice to the club's supporters.

Exactly which is why I stated in the Season ticket thread that there is no point in complaining, the club couldnt give a shit, they have our money then do some shit PR stunt like sending players to a couple of houses to keep everyone happy and give the impression that they are fan friendly.

DL will come on here give a soundbite and it will all be forgotten about. Same bullshit, same club

The thing I couldnt get my head around was stadium ambassadors pointing to where you get tickets. There were stewards all around who could have done that if it were really needed. Just two or three of those ambassadors giving out tickets would have helped no end. I know its my problem I cant pre book tickets on Saturdays but too many occasions of Saturdays experience and the straw that broke the camels back comes to mind.

To all the muppets on here talking about the club warning us to get there early, etc, MOST PEOPLE DID (I joined the queue at 2.10pm).

The problem was nothing to do with the number of people, it was the fact that the printers weren't working to produce the tickets, I know this because I went and found out.

Management are massively to blame for this as it was pretty clear that when the grand total of 2, YES TWO people managed to buy tickets from the window I was at in the first 20 minutes of queuing, it was MASSIVELY OBVIOUS that there was a major problem and we weren't going to get in before half time having queued for 90 minutes+.

By 2.35-40, there were quite a few people asking the stewards to get get someone in authority to sort it out and then when that fell on deaf ears, to get someone from management but whilst someone did finally realise that Bradford fans hadn't travelled all the way to Bristol to stand in a queue and made the decision to let them pay cash on the away gate, OUR OWN FANS WERE REFUSED THIS COURTESY..!!!

The people in the shop had no clue what was happening until someone pointed it to them and they at least took some action which is more than can be said for the head steward and everyone else who just stood around shrugging their shoulders and saying nothing to do with me mate.

So, in summary, THIS WAS A MASSIVE FAILURE BY MANAGEMENT to take steps to sort a problem that had become abundantly clear half an hour before kick off and NOTHING TO DO WITH A HEAVY DEMAND OR PEOPLE TURNIHG UP LATE so to those who have come up with the smart Alec replies,

GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT BEFORE SPOUTING YOUR VITRIOL

I joined the queue well before 14:00 and queued for 45 minutes but printers were ok at that time.

When I got to the ground and first stood in the queue, it was about halfway down the side of the shop and by 2.55pm, it was backed up to the road - by 3.25pm, I had reached the exit door to the shop

This is a fact and if you queued 45 minutes, its pretty clear that the printers were functioning far from ok...

You could be right mate but the ticket wasvin my hand pretty quickly once I had heard the east end was sold out and anywhere in the dolman would do. There was only three tills open when I was queuing. Just as got to the counter they opened a fourth

Absolute shambles, been in crowds of 37K in the past with no problems like this, forget this buying and printing tickets nonsense and open up some cash turnstiles, it worked great for the Bradford fans yesterday, all to easy and obvious for BCFC though. i also spent hours trying to buy tickets on the phone on Friday and then had another 45 minutes in a queue to pick them up on Saturday, i can certainly see how it could make the difference between going and not going for some as the season progresses and losing 1 fan because of this is 1 fan too many.

I left the pub at 2.50, stood in a queue for the Dolman for about 2 minutes and was in my seat for kick off.

I'll be going again.

Are you a season ticket holder or did you buy your ticket I advance? If not, your experience is not typical of those who wanted to buy tickets on the day. (I had no problem getting in, but I have a season ticket and I arrived at 2.30)

The main theme of this thread is the problems associated with people who were paying on the day. The club is basically broke and needs to do everything possible to encourage casual supporters to come on a regular basis. The vast majority of people who wanted to pay on the day encountered long queues. All that the shambles on Saturday will do is to drive casual supporters away.

The days when clubs could be slapdash and still expect people to turn up are long gone. People expect a good service these days and if they don’t get it they go elsewhere

Ive bought tickets in advance, had them posted and still queued up for over 35 minutes to get in at the Ajax friendly a few years back !!!!!!!

I had my old man with me, a oap, and approached the stewards asking to be let in the gates and refused, suffice to say Dad has never returned.

I contacted the club to complain and never had a reply.

What I couldnt get my head round were the amount of stewards stood around doing bugger all but not one opened or operated a turnstile, it should be all hands to the decks at times like that.

Are you a season ticket holder or did you buy your ticket I advance? If not, your experience is not typical of those who wanted to buy tickets on the day. (I had no problem getting in, but I have a season ticket and I arrived at 2.30)

The main theme of this thread is the problems associated with people who were paying on the day. The club is basically broke and needs to do everything possible to encourage casual supporters to come on a regular basis. The vast majority of people who wanted to pay on the day encountered long queues. All that the shambles on Saturday will do is to drive casual supporters away.

The days when clubs could be slapdash and still expect people to turn up are long gone. People expect a good service these days and if they don’t get it they go elsewhere

Yes I am a ST holder. I was merely stating my experience of yesterday. I agree it sounds lke a bit of a shambles for the POTD fans though.

I went with 2 friends who had to buy tickets - got their at about qtr to 2, queued for 2-3 minutes, walked through the turnstyles, bought some drinks and we were all sat by 2 with our feet up admiring the pitch... but we left early becaues it was a nice day and we knew the first game of the season could have a big crowd and potential problems as people would just decide to go with short notice.

Yes I am a ST holder. I was merely stating my experience of yesterday. I agree it sounds lke a bit of a shambles for the POTD fans though.

On reflection, my reply did seem a bit abrupt, so my apologies

Absolute shambles, been in crowds of 37K in the past with no problems like this, forget this buying and printing tickets nonsense and open up some cash turnstiles, it worked great for the Bradford fans yesterday, all to easy and obvious for BCFC though. i also spent hours trying to buy tickets on the phone on Friday and then had another 45 minutes in a queue to pick them up on Saturday, i can certainly see how it could make the difference between going and not going for some as the season progresses and losing 1 fan because of this is 1 fan too many.

What a revolutionary idea, just paying with cash and queuing just the once!

Far, far too simple for the simpletons to orchestrate at Ashton Gate. You must have to queue at least twice, it's the law.

I'd suggest anything happens like this again, just go and spend your money elsewhere, it's shambolic and embarrassing to treat your own fans like this.

Sort it out clowns.

Archived