IGNORED

Who Is The "quick" Striker?

eric04

So who will we move for?

Interesting to see Swindon linked with Wes Thomas at Bournemouth and Coventry's Leon Clarke. Not sure how quick Clarke is but he knocked them in for fun last season.He had that big bust-up with Di Canio at Swindon. Questionable attitude, although he won't have been the first to have a spat with Di Canio.

So who will we move for?

Interesting to see Swindon linked with Wes Thomas at Bournemouth and Coventry's Leon Clarke. Not sure how quick Clarke is but he knocked them in for fun last season.He had that big bust-up with Di Canio at Swindon. Questionable attitude, although he won't have been the first to have a spat with Di Canio.

Laid back jack could have an arguement with di canio and he's dead!

Albert's probably crossing the "i" s and dotting the "t" s as we speak

Let's hope he hasn't had a chance to take in the local 'scenery', he would be out of there like a shot! That chemical plant isn't the best view I've ever seen. :facepalm:

I'd be happy to just stick with Baldock for now tbh. He's quick enough to play that role IMO and having too many top players would upset the cider cart. Would be nice if we could get in a good young prospect who wouldn't be expecting to be consistently first team just yet.

Fastest striker since the founding of Trades Unions.

With a comb-over as good as Bobby Charlton's and Ralph Coates.....and furthermore he's a ginge!

Slow at getting back in.

Taylor and scargill up top. When ging attacks!

Am I correct in assuming that the perceived desire for a fast striker has arisen from the following S'OD quote?...

..."If Davies is to leave, we will need to get another quick"...

...if so, I would interpret 'quick' to mean 'in a hurry' with regards to timescale, rather than 'pacey' in regards to player attributes...

From Sky sports

Southampton striker Billy Sharp has moved to clear up confusion over his future and insists he is happy to fight for his place.

Sharp has been linked with a move away from St Mary's this summer after spending the majority of last season on loan at Nottingham Forest and he has not been involved in Southampton's pre-season trips to Austria and Spain.

Celtic, Barnsley, Sheffield Wednesday and former club Doncaster Rovers have all been linked with a bid to sign the 27-year-old, who joined Southampton in January 2012.

Quotes from someone purporting to be Sharp's agent claimed that the forward may have to consider his options if he is not going to be playing regularly under Mauricio Pochettino.

However, Sharp has confirmed that person is not his agent and he remains determined to make an impact in the Premier League at Southampton.

"I am not sure where these reports over my future came from as it wasn't even my agent," Sharp told Sky Sports. "My agent is Paul Masterton of First Eleven Sports and he deals with all my affairs.

"I am a Southampton player and I still have two years on my contract. I am happy to stay and fight for my place until I am told otherwise.

"It has always been a dream of mine to play in the Premier League and I will continue to make myself available to the manager.

"I have been linked with numerous clubs this summer but it is all just speculation as far as I am concerned.

"Until something more concrete happens I will then have a decision to make on my future but as it stands now I am a Southampton player."

Am I correct in assuming that the perceived desire for a fast striker has arisen from the following S'OD quote?...

..."If Davies is to leave, we will need to get another quick"...

...if so, I would interpret 'quick' to mean 'in a hurry' with regards to timescale, rather than 'pacey' in regards to player attributes...

The quote was: "If Davies goes, we'll probably need another quick [forward]"

Wikipedia article on brackets: "Square brackets – also called simply brackets (US) – are mainly used to insert explanatory material or to mark where a passage was omitted from an original material by someone other than the original author, or to mark modifications in quotations."

SO'D said (or meant to say) 'we need another one quick', the bracket was simply to explain the context of what he was saying on Twitter.

Yall all complain we iz gramma nazis but den dis happens!!!!!!!

If Baldock can stay fit then we may not need one. Big if though, Wouldn't be surprised if we went in the loan market for a striker if Baldock stays fit til then.

its pretty obvius we need options-its a long old season,injuries,suspensions-even giving a player a rest once in a while helps to maintain sharpness,not dull it.as SOD says "its a squad game"and we arnt balanced as a squad yet..

Archived