IGNORED

Who Is The "quick" Striker?

eric04

Am I correct in assuming that the perceived desire for a fast striker has arisen from the following S'OD quote?...

..."If Davies is to leave, we will need to get another quick"...

...if so, I would interpret 'quick' to mean 'in a hurry' with regards to timescale, rather than 'pacey' in regards to player attributes...

No. He 100% meant that he wants a quick striker.

He's mentioned numerous times since that he wants another one like baldock.

I don't think he's ready for this level yet

really ?

ready for what exactly

Coventry.... Carlisle

i don't get it with this not ready bit... the boy has made 7 appearances at championship level

do you believe he let the gaffa down on any of those occasions, honestly..... and in much more trying circumstances

for example go back to the Birmingham game, the night we were relegated, the boy had that pressure thrust on him with no time to prepare after being recalled from FGR

he is ready for L1... make no mistake about that

Coventry at Sixfields will not phase Wes

however its an academic argument as trust me he wont play.. and wont be involved.

really ?

ready for what exactly

Coventry.... Carlisle

i don't get it with this not ready bit... the boy has made 7 appearances at championship level

do you believe he let the gaffa down on any of those occasions, honestly..... and in much more trying circumstances

for example go back to the Birmingham game, the night we were relegated, the boy had that pressure thrust on him with no time to prepare after being recalled from FGR

he is ready for L1... make no mistake about that

Coventry at Sixfields will not phase Wes

however its an academic argument as trust me he wont play.. and wont be involved.

It's not whether anything fazes him, I agree it won't, but will he score tonnes of goals in this division yet? I don't think he would. Yet. He's not made an impact in those games you mention like Reid and Bryan did and both of those two have had much better pre-seasons too.

The quote was: "If Davies goes, we'll probably need another quick [forward]"

Wikipedia article on brackets: "Square brackets – also called simply brackets (US) – are mainly used to insert explanatory material or to mark where a passage was omitted from an original material by someone other than the original author, or to mark modifications in quotations."

SO'D said (or meant to say) 'we need another one quick', the bracket was simply to explain the context of what he was saying on Twitter.

Yall all complain we iz gramma nazis but den dis happens!!!!!!!

No. He 100% meant that he wants a quick striker.

He's mentioned numerous times since that he wants another one like baldock.

Ah... I see.

It was the only quote that I had heard.

Much obliged. :)

Could be the first headline result from 'that site'....

Definitely would be excellent at this level....

Jamie Vardy....

I dont think we should sign him for the simple fact that he has one of the worst haircuts ever, surely opposition players/ fans wouldn't take him seriously... maybe that would work in our favour

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/89356-vardys-new-hair-style/?hl=vardy

Im reading a lot of subtext lately that Wes Burns isn't/doesn't believe he is in SO'Ds plans?

Gather from his Twitter that he picked up a knock during/after the Rangers Game and is on the "road to recovery". Also find it stranged he hasn't been mentioned or given a squad number etc.

Archived