IGNORED

Ipswich Midfield

westonred

Just popped on to the Ipswich forum to see what they think of the players they had from us, this is what i found

They are very underwhelmed by both Skuse and Anderson so far and say they need some creativity in their midfield. Two of the names they mentioned to add this creativity were Adomah (who they said was out of their price range) and the other name mentioned was Jay Emanuelle-Thomas :laugh: Seems like we got the best end of the deal then

Wasn't Skuse's biggest fan last year, i mean he had a good game now and then, but was generally very poor, as were the rest of the team. Good luck to him though, he always showed that he was willing to get involved with the club off the pitch, and expect he'll do the same at Ipswich .

Just popped on to the Ipswich forum to see what they think of the players they had from us, this is what i found

They are very underwhelmed by both Skuse and Anderson so far and say they need some creativity in their midfield. Two of the names they mentioned to add this creativity were Adomah (who they said was out of their price range) and the other name mentioned was Jay Emanuelle-Thomas :laugh: Seems like we got the best end of the deal then

Yes, think so.

Skuse is shite.... Thank the bloody lord he's gone!!

Skuse was willing, hard working and was always the last off the pitch applauding fans (even after drubbings). Respect where respct is due I feel, calling him shite and the like is a huge lack of respect. He's not the most gifted footballer, but don't dismiss Skuse in such a way. I would have thought that as a human being he should be treated with a level of decency, but as that seems to be beyond you, I'll hope that this will persuade you not to be so abusive.

Ipswich fans have always recognised a good player when they see. Can't say the same about some City fans

You should stick to criticising Gary Johnson, you're better at that !

That is such a crap statement - you make it sound like every Ipswich fan knows a good player when they see one...im sure if you knew more of them, some of them would have the same opinions about Skuse as some of the City fans !

Would you say we're missing Skuse...? I cant and I cant see that many people saying we are either.

:)

Skuse looked liked a rabbit in the headlights in the last couple of seasons and played an integral part of one of the worst midfields I've seen at City... left our already shaky defence exposed a lot of the time.

Yep, fans should be thankful that we've now got a couple of midfielders who actually look comfortable on the ball and treat it as their friend rather than a hot potato.

You should stick to criticising Gary Johnson, you're better at that !

That is such a crap statement - you make it sound like every Ipswich fan knows a good player when they see one...im sure if you knew more of them, some of them would have the same opinions about Skuse as some of the City fans !

Would you say we're missing Skuse...? I cant and I cant see that many people saying we are either.

Well said, nobody in their right mind would prefer Skuse over Pack or Wynter.

And to suggest that we were all too stupid to see how "decent" Skuse is, is nothing short of patronising and condescending, still, I expect nothing less from some posters.

Skuse had talent, there's no doubt about it, but creativity or ball retention weren't his strong points, thankfully, the players we have recruited to replace him, seem very strong in these areas!

Just found these quotes on TWTD posted earlier today:

Gerken - looked impressive, read the game well and swept up a couple of attacks well and nipped problems in the bud. Handling safe and not at fault for either goal

Skuse - really impressive. Reads game and tackles well, uses ball intelligently and quickly.

Anderson - barely touched the ball when on the right but was much improved when on the left. Looked fairly direct and put a couple of decent crosses in, his corners were good too.

Game of opinions I say!

Just found these quotes on TWTD posted earlier today:

Gerken - looked impressive, read the game well and swept up a couple of attacks well and nipped problems in the bud. Handling safe and not at fault for either goal

Skuse - really impressive. Reads game and tackles well, uses ball intelligently and quickly.

Anderson - barely touched the ball when on the right but was much improved when on the left. Looked fairly direct and put a couple of decent crosses in, his corners were good too.

Game of opinions I say!

Based on one game. I would wait until he gets comfortable and his game goes awry like it did here.

I was sorry to see Skuse and Anderson go and wish them all the best.Will also be sorry to see Albert leave.However the signings that SOD has made have really got me buzzing.Even though we got relegated I am really positive ( early days I know ) after a poor few years in the Championship.

A lot of people complain about Skuse's lack of creativity. This is a bit like saying that Wayne Rooney is a poor defender. Skuse was, and is, a defensive midfield player and should be judged as such.

JET is a good creative player in the current team, but I don't think City would be successful with a midfield consisting emtiry of JET style players.

Archived