IGNORED

Ipswich Midfield

westonred

A lot of people complain about Skuse's lack of creativity. This is a bit like saying that Wayne Rooney is a poor defender. Skuse was, and is, a defensive midfield player and should be judged as such.

JET is a good creative player in the current team, but I don't think City would be successful with a midfield consisting emtiry of JET style players.

As a defensive midfielder he wasn't that good either or it just declined season after season, the odd good game in a blue moon.

A lot of people complain about Skuse's lack of creativity. This is a bit like saying that Wayne Rooney is a poor defender. Skuse was, and is, a defensive midfield player and should be judged as such.

JET is a good creative player in the current team, but I don't think City would be successful with a midfield consisting emtiry of JET style players.

I've only ever judged Skuse as a defensive midfielder, have a look at last seasons highlights and tell me how anyone can say he had a decent season.

I wish the bloke all the best but not sorry he's gone.

Skuse was willing, hard working and was always the last off the pitch applauding fans (even after drubbings). Respect where respct is due I feel, calling him shite and the like is a huge lack of respect. He's not the most gifted footballer, but don't dismiss Skuse in such a way. I would have thought that as a human being he should be treated with a level of decency, but as that seems to be beyond you, I'll hope that this will persuade you not to be so abusive.

How is me saying he's shite being abusive?!?

Just saying how it is!!

Who singularly failed in that role as well, hopefully Mad Mick will actually explain to him what midfield runners are and how to track them.

But Pack & Wynter are also consider to be "defensive midfielders", but they've created more havoc for the opposition in 2 games than Skuse has done in 2 seasons (and that's generous).

But Pack & Wynter are also consider to be "defensive midfielders", but they've created more havoc for the opposition in 2 games than Skuse has done in 2 seasons (and that's generous).

And why would that be?

I'll tell you - different style of play under a different manager.

Well judging him on the goals we conceded last season, he was a shite defensive midfielder, as well as a shite creative midfielder.

But he was a local boy, who always clapped the fans at the end........so i guess that makes it aright!

Great that we seem to have finally found some new younger fitter midfielder's that can actually pass the ball!

Still perhaps the promising Skuse needed more time.......he might be a great player by the time he's 50!

And why would that be?

Doesn't seem to have helped Fontaine.....he's still shite!

No! Shite is shite! As was Skuse!

No coincidence that we are playing better footy without him!

Sod knew that if he is to progress to being a a Championship manager like.....GJ.....then he had to clear out the overpaid dross, and bring in more talent!

Doesn't seem to have helped Fontaine.....he's still shite!

No! Shite is shite! As was Skuse!

No coincidence that we are playing better footy without him!

Sod knew that if he is to progress to being a a Championship manager like.....GJ.....then he had to clear out the overpaid dross, and bring in more talent!

SO'D offered Skuse a new contract..........

An oft made comment on the forum has been that although Skuse gets constant abuse from some posters he has always been a regular first team player with every City manager.

Perhaps this proves that the fans on the forum should manage the team. (I know I'll get replies saying "I could have done better than e.g. Del Boy")

Ipswich fans have always recognised a good player when they see. Can't say the same about some City fans.

With Sir Bobby Robson and Sir Alf Ramsey, I imagine Ipswich fans have always recognised a good manager when they see one. Can't say the same about some City fans. :robbored: (Mods: that's cheeky :D )

And why would that be?

Ok, in that case I'll say in the past 4 seasons then (i.e. including your beloved's reign).

The reason the style of play is different is because the midfield now has players capable of adapting to such a system.

Note how Sod's style didn't really work last year with Skuse in the midfield. He had 5 months to get the best out of him and failed, yet within 2 games he's got Pack, Wynter & Kilkenny purring.

An oft made comment on the forum has been that although Skuse gets constant abuse from some posters he has always been a regular first team player with every City manager.

Perhaps this proves that the fans on the forum should manage the team. (I know I'll get replies saying "I could have done better than e.g. Del Boy")

And where are these managers now? Or more to the point what happened to them all at this club? Not saying he is the sole reason why managers have gone but come on.. How many games did Skuse influence or when did he have a good game?

His career stagnated the last 4 or 5 seasons under these managers.

Not when we were a top 6 cc side under GJ, LJ |& ME were the requlars!

But, yes he was a regular in all the relegation battle sides under Copout, Millen and Del-boy!

Regardless of whether our old players were good or not, the squad needed a complete makeover of which we have done and in all honesty, despite being a league below, have attained better players.

I don't miss the old players already.

Onwards and upwards with the likes of pack, wynter, JET te al

Are you absolutely certain it was SO'D who offered it?

I seem to remember James Wilson, for instance, was offered a new contract when City were 'between' managers.....

It was the end of the season, so would of been SO'D.

Otherwise SO'D could of said "take the deal of the table".

Archived