IGNORED

Rovers Ground

Super

Actually lots of them thought it was a stupid decision, and that AV should go ahead. Tends to be the empty heads that make most noise though.

I don't know I can remeber reading links to their forum and most of the people on their were laughing their bollocks off at us.

Quite correct that the decision to allow a supermarket to be built on top of a war memorial should be questioned. If the sags hadn't taken such glee in our NIMBY issues maybe I'd have a touch more sympathy for them...

Very true. What type of insanity disallows a football stadium to be built on an old refuse site, but allows a supermarket on a war memorial?

All these NIMBYs can just go live somewhere like the cotswalds or something.

Don't say that, the Cotswolds is beautiful and doesn't deserve to be sullied by them, there are parts of the Cotswolds that have had more forward thinking in terms of development and redevelopment than anything in Bristol.

Doesn't mean it will get anywhere. For AV the council broke the rules to allow the stadium, whereas Sainsburys are likely to be a lot more thorough.

Anyway, we will see. I am 100% confident the UWE Stadium will be built regardless.

Before you lot start throwing too much egg around, you still have to get permission for the work on AG...

Doesn't mean it will get anywhere. For AV the council broke the rules to allow the stadium, whereas Sainsburys are likely to be a lot more thorough.

Anyway, we will see. I am 100% confident the UWE Stadium will be built regardless.

Before you lot start throwing too much egg around, you still have to get permission for the work on AG...

Yeh fair play you've come on here plucking your feathers, trying to be bolshy, lots of bravado.

Bottom line is neither you or I (and as I've already demonstrated I know a lot more about your stadium than you) know how far this JR will go. Most people with an ounce of common sense thought we'd get AV ie the site would be shared. But all that went t1ts up.

From what I've heard the local resident is wealthy and game to take this case as far as possible. They wouldn't be in it for any other reason.

It's got nothing to do with Sainsburys either, more likely WYG Planning or the Council who were the two parties dealing with the application.

As for AG, don't make me laugh. There will be barely any local opposition to that application.

KITR, My uderstanding of a JR application is that it has to be proved that something underhand, incorrect or illegal has happened in the application process rather than the decision itself. Is that correct? If it is, I would be slightly surprised if Sainsbury's were sloppy enough to leave themselves open to this JR, especially after our fiasco?

Couldn't resist having a gander at your forum just out of intrest what would you do if you found out the name of who it is that is trying to stop this.

Archived