IGNORED

Rovers Ground

Super

So let me get this straight, you're against the selling of the memorial stadium but don't seem too bothered when some of your idiots graffiti over it...

Another bottom dweller that needs educating.

Read this Richard.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/128633-graffiti-attack-at-the-mem-last-night/page-1

Higgs on radio condemning the appeals process, exactly the same process that has held up AV, yet it was well known at the time that solicitors actively supporting the Nimby's were associated with the Gas. No mention by Higgs that we had been on the end of the same stupid appeals process. What goes around comes around.

The Memorial should remain a Memorial.

When are you bunch of idiots going to realise that if the whole ground was a memorial then why was it sold to Bristol Rovers Football Club but more importantly if it hadn't been sold to Rovers then it would have been sold to a Third Party who would have knocked the entire ground gates and all down? You really are a thick lot and I might also say that if Mr Wonderful Bristol Sport had really had Bristol Rugby Club at heart then surely he would have dug them out at their darkest hour instead of years later ad also instead of wasting his millions on taking you on your "there and back again" trip!

When are you bunch of idiots going to realise that if the whole ground was a memorial then why was it sold to Bristol Rovers Football Club but more importantly if it hadn't been sold to Rovers then it would have been sold to a Third Party who would have knocked the entire ground gates and all down?

1) Selling to Rovers would not alter the purpose of the ground ie for sport unlike selling it to Sainsburys.

2) Any third party who bought the Mem would still have to get planning permission to pull it down and replace it with something else. There almost certainly would have been widespread opposition to this.

Are you too thick to understand either of these two points?

When are you ...you toilet head going to learn that the ground was given to rugby players as a memorial . Get this I hope Rovers get a new grpund but not by putting a sainsburys over ground given to rugby players in memory of rugby players who gave their lives that we may live as we do. Its sacred ground you **** to all us egg chasers. It is a memorisl to heroes. ....... no you you big idiot learn somecrespect for those that this matters too. You, you idiot learn some respect

When are you bunch of idiots going to realise that if the whole ground was a memorial then why was it sold to Bristol Rovers Football Club but more importantly if it hadn't been sold to Rovers then it would have been sold to a Third Party who would have knocked the entire ground gates and all down? You really are a thick lot and I might also say that if Mr Wonderful Bristol Sport had really had Bristol Rugby Club at heart then surely he would have dug them out at their darkest hour instead of years later ad also instead of wasting his millions on taking you on your "there and back again" trip!

Shut up you whining gas ****.

It remained a sports ground as intended when sold to your lot.

As for a 3rd party....well, look what is happening now and rightly so.

You my son are a****!!!

Kinda sums up the whole argument in a simple post.......and i mean a simple post, god bless im

Repeat what I say numbnuts and then go away and think about it......

The memorial stadium was bought by your mob for it to remain a stadium.....

Your original plans to redevelop it would have meant it remained a stadium......

Selling to sainsburys to demolish the memorial, yes, the memorial so you have your dirty money to build you tinpot stadium would mean the stadium no longer existing and with it the memorial

As for yet another sad dig at SL you bitter fool, the man has invested money to make sure the club has a future, unlike your mob who mugged the club and kicked them when they were down

If SL is so wonderful then answer the question..why did he not invest in them in their hour of need? If we had not stepped in then there would not have been a Rugby Club left for SL to invest in and as for our dirty money that is fine coming from you lot who in 1982 did the dirty on many companies including 8 of your own players so perhaps you should have respected them.

In order for a pre action protocol to successfully challenge a Planning Consent of this magnitude the applicant has to demonstrate that inaccurate, erroneous, or materially deficient information has deliberately been given to the body considering and awarding the Planning consent. Or there was some malpractice involved within the awarding body.

Having worked on big supermarket developments for the last 25 years I would be very surprised if Sainsbury's development legal team didn't have these issues tied up tighter than a camels ass in a sand storm.

This will be a inconvenience to the proposed commencement only but I would be very surprised if it was an impediment to the development. What will probably happen is the provision of a modern memorial or similar, to satisfy the applicants. I would be surprised also if those behind the action even use the Stadium so they will need a genuinely robust motive for launching it.

There might be a delay but I suspect Rovers will have a new stadium long before AV is developed.

Don't forget that the Memorial stadium was dedicated to the RUGBY Players of the City of Bristol Killed in action during the Great war.....Im sure many of these would have in fact been Bristol City supporters.

Men and women in two world wars made the ultimate sacrifice and died for our freedom, Friendlygas I suggest you contact the War Memorial Trust and put your argument to them, I know they would be very interested.

If SL is so wonderful then answer the question..why did he not invest in them in their hour of need? If we had not stepped in then there would not have been a Rugby Club left for SL to invest in and as for our dirty money that is fine coming from you lot who in 1982 did the dirty on many companies including 8 of your own players so perhaps you should have respected them.

I have no idea, that was back in 1998, maybe SL was concentrating on making money back then rather than throwing it at sports clubs.

So your comparing a club nearly going out of business with a club selling a memorial to the war dead......classy as ever

If we had not stepped in then there would not have been a Rugby Club left for SL.

We've touched on this argument before. If you hadn't of 'stepped in' then surely the Gas would've been homeless again? (I didn't get an answer to this question the last time I asked it btw). If so it was hardly a charitable donation on your part. I can understand Rovers wanting to purchase the Mem and at the same time securing a home for yourselves but just leave it at that instead of playing the 'heroic saviours of Bristol Rugby' rubbish.

As for SL not investing in Bristol Rugby in the 90's, **** knows, ask him yourself. Maybe he was preoccupied with the growth of Hargreaves Lansdown?

You think you saved the Rugby club? What Rovers did was the equivalent of picking the pockets of a dying man.

Your apparent hatred of SL is because he happened to put his hand in his pocket in an attempt to help us, not you.

When are any one of you going to admit the truth that it is you, no one else, attempting to profit from a war memorial and, put simply, it is wholly wrong? That it is the behaviour that most sound-minded people expect from cowboys or pikeys?

Your repeated warped logic and transparent spin is a pitiful attempt at justifying your self-preservation, only.

You don't half talk some shite.

Why don't you go fourth and multiply you sad Gashead James Blunt? Come back when you can get over 6,000 of you sad b**tards in for the first home game of the season. Enjoy your judicial review you piece of pond life.

Not half as much shite as comes from you lot.The ground has changed so much since it was given to the Rugby Club and was bought by us however we now own the ground and it is ours to sell. Steve Lansdown had no intention of Bristol Rugby club staying there and if you are so concerned as to it remaining a War Memorial then perhaps you can ask SLwhether given the chance he would have paid us the same money as Sainsburys to keep it as a War Memorial.I am sure it could have been arranged that the UWE Stadium could have had the Gates and the New UWE Ground been treated as the Memorial ground but many of the residents liked the ideal of a small park being built by the gates.

I am sure you will find that Bristol Rugby Club have been very fairly treated by us rent wise and also that they would have been quite happy to follow us to UWE in a modern stadium instead of a rejuvenated shack at AG if SL was not involved.

Not half as much shite as comes from you lot.The ground has changed so much since it was given to the Rugby Club and was bought by us however we now own the ground and it is ours to sell. Steve Lansdown had no intention of Bristol Rugby club staying there and if you are so concerned as to it remaining a War Memorial then perhaps you can ask SLwhether given the chance he would have paid us the same money as Sainsburys to keep it as a War Memorial.I am sure it could have been arranged that the UWE Stadium could have had the Gates and the New UWE Ground been treated as the Memorial ground but many of the residents liked the ideal of a small park being built by the gates.

I am sure you will find that Bristol Rugby Club have been very fairly treated by us rent wise and also that they would have been quite happy to follow us to UWE in a modern stadium instead of a rejuvenated shack at AG if SL was not involved.

Bristol Rugby club treated fairly by the gas???? Don't make me laugh, you took advantage of them and you know it.

Makes me sick how you 'aquired' that ground.

Parasites.

How many times do you need this point of view explained to you Bone Dome? If the ground was left for SPORT to be played in memory of fallen soldiers associated with Bristol Rugby Club then it doesn't matter what changes take place to the actual stands, the purpose of the venue remains the same.

I thought Lansdowns involvement with the Rugby club occurred after you had agreed a sale with Sainsburys. Once again, no one on this forum can talk for SL but ultimately he isn't the one selling the Mem, if anything, his involvement with the Rugby club appears to have given them the chance of a more financially stable future... its not like Rovers give flying **** what happens to anyone else.

All that has changed at the memorial ground is a roof on the terrace (didn't fans have to pay for that?) and a circus tent erected. That is it since what 96?

It's obvious you are very upset having only got a point against little s****horpe, the same s****horpe who have been above you for many years so I think we should leave this until you have calmed down and figured out your true position in the Football League.

Bristol Rugby club treated fairly by the gas???? Don't make me laugh, you took advantage of them and you know it.

Makes me sick how you 'aquired' that ground.

Parasites.

The rugby club acquired the ground in similar circumstances,

How many times do you need this point of view explained to you Bone Dome? If the ground was left for SPORT to be played in memory of fallen soldiers associated with Bristol Rugby Club then it doesn't matter what changes take place to the actual stands, the purpose of the venue remains the same.

I thought Lansdowns involvement with the Rugby club occurred after you had agreed a sale with Sainsburys. Once again, no one on this forum can talk for SL but ultimately he isn't the one selling the Mem, if anything, his involvement with the Rugby club appears to have given them the chance of a more financially stable future... its not like Rovers give flying **** what happens to anyone else.

So if the gates and plaque were changed from where they are to another entrance and the inscriptions improved by putting them 8 feet higher would that be ok too,as i understand it the gates are listed,so why isn't the ground

S.L has been involved with the rugby for a while but like i said earlier look at the timelines, the sainsbury deal was announced, then bristol negotiated next season ,very quickly after SL announced he had bought the club, that was a blinding bit of business on his part, think about it, his intention all along was to shift the rugby club to the gate, the best way to do it with minimum fuss was to wait until rovers announced the planning application, and bristol had secured a few more seasons at the mem, so whilst everyone got on rovers back about the mem, SL announced that the rugby club were moving to AG, totally snuck in under the radar and appeared as a knight in shining armour, very very shrewd business move. The way he did it saved him £20-£30 million. now look at the scenario from a different angle, S.L announces he bought the rugby club , rovers stay at the mem, SL announced rugby moving to the gate, in the second scenario who would be classed as the big bad wolf

Another thing i asked earlier is if anyone actually knows if the whole area was given as a memorial or not ,no one can give a conclusive answer, or point to any documentation that says that, the only thing i can find is a small clipping that says sir cowlin chairman of the rugby club secured some land for the club, it doesnt mention fully if he bought it or used some of the fund from the sale of bristol's old ground. Im just trying to find the truth based on evidence not assumptions.

Archived