IGNORED

Decent Films...

Fordy62

• Admin

The Life of Brian

Blazing Saddles

Educating Rita

I am as far removed from a film buff as you can get, but I like the three above and have seen them more than once, the only films ( apart from the original St Trinians films in the school hloidays, back in the day) that I have watched more than once.

• Admin

Something different that's not been posted already - Requiem For A Dream. Excellent film about the uncontrollable spiral of drug addiction, very uncomfortable watching in places, but superbly done.

I agree that it is VERY uncomfortable viewing, but utterly compelling. It's one of the only recent films, along with Inception and Kick Ass that I've watched more than once.

Theyve all been recommended before but I second these:

North by Northwest

Once upon a time in America

Godfather 1 & 2

Scarface

Das Boot - the unedited film, not the series or 2 hour Hollywood edit

Deer Hunter

Goodfellas

Taxi Driver

Platoon

Usual Suspects

Trainspotting

Ted tickled me, especially if you are a fan of Flash Gordon!!

The best film I've seen recently is Apocalypse Now.

A list of some of my favourites would include:

City Of God

Pulp Fiction

Scarface

Goodfellas

Usual Suspects

Fight Club

Raging Bull

Crash

8 Mile

Superbad

I also saw a superb film with Seth Rogan and Joseph Gordon-Levitt recently called 50/50. It's a drama about a young man who gets cancer but the beauty of the film lies in the elements of humour threaded throughout which just make the whole thing feel real. It was surprisingly good and not the type of comedy you would normally associate with Seth Rogan.

Anyone seen the New Zealand flick 'Braindead'. Now that is mindless!

Nope, but staying Oceanic - there's a good Australian film:

Tomorrow, when the war began

Excellent film and very well made. Watched it about 5 times now, pretty sad to admit but it's always as good as the last time I watched it.

One i had forgotten about is 'Moneyball'. Great film on the economics of baseball. Starring Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill, they take the Cleveland A's to the championship game on a fraction of the cost of their rivals. Say getting Norwich to 2nd in the Prem and keeping them their. Really good watch and interesting too, definately recommend it.

Just settling down to watch 'We own the Night' which Scrumpy recommended to me so i shall let you all know what i think shortly!

Have you seen 'We Own the Night'?

Really enjoy watching that.

Just finished watching it, real good watch. The waters got a bit muddy with the plot in the middle when they are in the safe houses, but they tie most of the lose ends up with the finish, liked it overall though. Brilliant soundtrack aswell!

Archived