IGNORED

Decent Films...

Fordy62

Films I've enjoyed recently include Dogville - Nicole Kidman, a film about moral and social philosophy, full of depth. Russell Brand's reimagination of Arthur, not to everyone's taste but cracked me right up and Casablanca which I saw last night and found the historical context of it useful.

Other's more generally include One Flew Over the Cucoos Nest, Shutter Island, Catch Me If You Can, Tombstone and Radio but it's all a subjective thing.

Shawshank Redemption is my all time favourite film. If you haven't seen it, I'd highly recommend it.

Love this one. Probably in my top five. Top of the list for me is 'Unforgiven', Clint stars and directs, slow moving for some but builds to a great ending. A masterpiece.

I watched alan partridge last night. Very good!

If you are a partridge fan you wont be dissapointed.

The plot has been put together solely to show Alan at his best (worst :laugh:)

Get down the cinema. went with 5 people and we all enjoyed it and even said we wouldnt have minded heading back in to see it again

The Cohen brothers are great film directors and they're films are always funny with great scripts/actors and varied themes some of my favourites of theirs are

The Big Lebowski

Fargo

Millers Crossing

No country for old men

Bad Santa (producers of this I believe)

other good films

The men who stare at goats

The lovely bones

The town

Something different that's not been posted already - Requiem For A Dream. Excellent film about the uncontrollable spiral of drug addiction, very uncomfortable watching in places, but superbly done.

I also highly recommend Tsotsi - a South African film with English subtitles about a young criminal who shoots a woman and hijacks a car, not knowing that her baby is in the car. The film follows the next few days and the aftermath - very powerful and well acted.

And to finish the list of lesser known films - Reign Over Me - the only film I've ever seen Adam Sandler play a non-comedy role. He plays a man who lost his wife in 9/11 who has been mentally affected by what's happened - highly recommended, if only to see another side to Sandler. To his credit he plays the part very well.

Archived