IGNORED

Decent Films...

Fordy62

Good call, brilliant movie.

Have you seen The Guard with Brendan Gleeson also ?

I have another good one, although i had forgotten all about it to be honest until you said! I love The General, i put it on for my mates, were moaning it was black and white until about 15 mins in where it just grips you and you totally forget it.

The fact that the General is a true story makes it even funnier. When the cops follow him into the Wicklow Mountains until they all run out of petrol is classic. Then Cahill takes out a jerry can of juice and buggers off leaving plod stranded just makes me crease up. In real life he was a right bastard but had a great sense of humour.

The best film I've ever watched was "The Lives of Others", a German film set before the fall of the Berlin Wall. The film is about a Stasi officer who is assigned to watch a playwright and his girlfriend, and ends up getting totally caught up in their lives.

I'd also like to suggest "The Princess Bride", which is simply brilliant.

The fact that the General is a true story makes it even funnier. When the cops follow him into the Wicklow Mountains until they all run out of petrol is classic. Then Cahill takes out a jerry can of juice and buggers off leaving plod stranded just makes me crease up. In real life he was a right bastard but had a great sense of humour.

Brilliant scene, as is the one where they send the ferrets into his pigeon loft and him and his son comes out singing, the police reaction was classic. As you say its a true story too which obviously adds to it.

The last few months I've been getting into comic book films.

The Batman trilogy was great, Man of Steel was good and has potential.

Can't wait for the Batman/Superman joint film coming up!!!

Also really love the Avengers films, I think all the individual films are fantastic as well.

Well apart from Iron Man 3, which was more like a comedy.

Started watching X Men, that's pretty good too imo.

Just finished watching it, real good watch. The waters got a bit muddy with the plot in the middle when they are in the safe houses, but they tie most of the lose ends up with the finish, liked it overall though. Brilliant soundtrack aswell!

Good to hear. There are some really good scenes, especially the car chase in the rain and when undercover in the crack house.

And I'll back you up on moneyball. Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill make an excellent unlikely partnership.

Safety not Guaranteed

Had never heard of it when i watched it, nice little movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73jSnAs7mq8

Looks good.

Similar to 'sound of my voice'. Judging by this trailer, I think you'd enjoy watching the film I just mentioned.

I recommend you check out the trailer for Sound of My Voice.

I did try putting a link on here but for some reason otib/iPhone aren't agreeing on hyper linking...

Whilst im recommending indy type movies (no i dont mean Raiders of the Lost Ark....man thats one perfect movie in its genre) try Jeff who lives at Home. Its directed by the lead actor from Safety not Guarenteed. Its another "nice" movie.

One final one for today, The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters. Even if you have no interest in video games its a great watch with some interesting characters. It got a ton of critical acclaim too.

The last few months I've been getting into comic book films.

The Batman trilogy was great, Man of Steel was good and has potential.

Can't wait for the Batman/Superman joint film coming up!!!

Also really love the Avengers films, I think all the individual films are fantastic as well.

Well apart from Iron Man 3, which was more like a comedy.

Started watching X Men, that's pretty good too imo.

If you haven't already, make sure you see Watchmen. A very good, progressive film.

I have another good one, although i had forgotten all about it to be honest until you said! I love The General, i put it on for my mates, were moaning it was black and white until about 15 mins in where it just grips you and you totally forget it.

Try one called Veronica Guerin which is about the Dublin underworld. If you keep your eyes peeled you will see yours truly in the pub scene where one of Cahills thugs gets shot in the head. Also in the funeral scene & demonstration at the end. My 15 minutes of fame !

Try one called Veronica Guerin which is about the Dublin underworld. If you keep your eyes peeled you will see yours truly in the pub scene where one of Cahills thugs gets shot in the head. Also in the funeral scene & demonstration at the end. My 15 minutes of fame !

Im off to Reading this weekend, but ill certainly give it a go when im back. Ill keep my eyes out for you and let you know.

Archived