IGNORED

Anyone Predict A Shambles Tomorrow?

Robbored

I don't mean on the pitch but after the ticket/turnstile fiasco at the last home game have the club listened to the fans and got their house in order ready for tomorrow's game as they promised? It'll be roughly the size same size attendance and have the club sorted out the new ticketing system yet and will there be more turnstiles open?

Lets hope so.

Another cock up will surely be disaster.

I don't mean on the pitch but after the ticket/turnstile fiasco at the last home game have the club listened to the fans and got their house in order ready for tomorrow's game as they promised? It'll be roughly the size same size attendance and have the club sorted out the new ticketing system yet and will there be more turnstiles open?

Lets hope so.

Another cock up will surely be disaster.

From David Lloyds blog:

Following the unacceptable queues at the Bradford City game we have taken steps to make sure nothing like that happens again.

We are expecting another big walk up for the Wolves game, and we must make sure that we are ready. So what have we been doing to put things right?

In the last couple of days we’ve taken delivery of 15 new ticket printers. Along with some updated IT, this means that we can now open all eight windows in the Williams matchday ticket office – twice as many as we had available against Bradford. One of them will be for cash only.

Stewards and matchday ambassadors will be on hand to remind supporters in each queue which tickets are still available and what the prices are. By the time people reach the ticket windows they should be able to instantly tell the seller which seats they would like.

With no tickets being available for away supporters - with Wolves having sold out - this will also significantly reduce the number of supporters wanting to pay on the day. We’ve also opened up more turnstiles in the Dolman stand.

All of this should keep the queues moving.

Going to be same hand held scanners but at least they have said all the turnstiles will be open so maybe a bit more ease...

Does not change the fact that if you walk up at ten to three then don't be surprised if you are in a queue...

As for on the pitch......YES.....Wolves look like they have started much stronger than us despite being a young side so would not surprise me if they bag a couple.....

David Lloyds blog seems to show that club have taken the events Vs Bradford seriously and have taken adequate steps to ensure that it doesn't happen again.

People need to turn up in good time or buy in advance (where possible) and there shouldn't be an unacceptable waiting time to pay on the day.

I read it but what DaveL writes in his blog is meant to be appeasing. We all know is talk is cheap. The real test will be tomorrow. I really hope the club don't mess up again.

I'm no appologest for the circus at AG but DaveL has explicitally stated what they've done to try to put things right on this matter. Like you say, the proof will be in the pudding but what more are they supposed to do in the meanwhile to stop you fretting?

It's on the pitch, short term, I'm concerned about. I really hope we don't get battered.

Have meant to get it in, a loyal (and harmless!) City fan being banned from here due to slight eccentricities dissapoints me. More as a footnote.

Agree on both counts. I predict there will be moaning but think DaveL and team have clearly taken a number of steps to do the best they can to make sure things run smoothly. Why so many people leave tickets to last moment is a question though.

Same flawed ticketing system. Let them queue to pay, wait to print off, walk around the ground to a scanner, wait to be scanned then wait to go through a gate. They will probably get it sorted tomorrow, as heads are on the line, but it's just a disaster waiting to happen another time. City seem wedded to it for reasons unknown.

Only an idiot would dream up such a process.

Me? Due to commitments, the game would be another spur of the moment decision. No chance after the Bradford fiasco.

Unlike Bradford, and their 150 potd (after the pub) sales, Wolves are likely to bring over 1000 ticketless fans who are also expecting just to turn up and get a ticket.

For POTD City fans, Wolves are one of the major home fixtures this season.

The crowd could be 16K +

I hope the ticket sales system is improved, and there are a significant number of Police Officers around the POTD windows.

Get this wrong and this will not end well.

Wolves have sold what, 2000 tickets?

They will bring many, many more than that.

Is it not all ticket for Wolves then?

I sense that there are some contributors on OTIB who for some unknown (to me) reasons will get perverse pleasure from discovering that ticketing problems still exist at tomorrow's match. They won't get on here after the match to say "well done" if everything goes right but if it shouldn't, watch out!

I sense that there are some contributors on OTIB who for some unknown (to me) reasons will get perverse pleasure from discovering that ticketing problems still exist at tomorrow's match. They won't get on here after the match to say "well done" if everything goes right but if it shouldn't, watch out!

You're almost certainly correct. I'd also hazard a guess that some of those partaking in a moan (if the worst occurs) will not have attended the match.

Unlike Bradford, and their 150 potd (after the pub) sales, Wolves are likely to bring over 1000 ticketless fans who are also expecting just to turn up and get a ticket.

For POTD City fans, Wolves are one of the major home fixtures this season.

The crowd could be 16K +

I hope the ticket sales system is improved, and there are a significant number of Police Officers around the POTD windows.

Get this wrong and this will not end well.

Wolves have sold what, 2000 tickets?

They will bring many, many more than that.

Not that fussed if loads of Yam-Yams have to queue up after kick-off, but I think City fans would be wise to heed the warnings.

What do you do if you are working until 2.00pm ?

Buy in advance. You can do it online or over the phone. Do it now and you'll save £3. You can either print your ticket at home or collect on the day at the Ticket Collection point where queues will be minimal

Does it? Can't recall the last "pay on the day" game when the away end sold out, so I guess a few will be joining the home fans!

'With no tickets being available for away supporters - with Wolves having sold out' That's what I read in the quoted post from DaveL's blog, dunno?

Why should you get praised for simply doing your job correctly?

Curious to understand why this is happening at all. I was back for the Bradford game and getting into the Williams @ 1445 was a breeze.

Is there a different technology being used this season and if not why is there a delay in getting people through when i did not hear about it last season?

Archived