IGNORED

Anyone Predict A Shambles Tomorrow?

Robbored

Did you miss the massive queues outside the Dolman entrances? Stretching back nearly to the road at quarter to - three times as long as any I saw in recent seasons.

The queues only started to alleviate when the turnstile operators stopped scanning tickets and just waved people through.

This new ticketing system is still an unmitigated disaster so I'd lay off the self congratulation just yet.

It's really getting to the stage now where lots of people I know are buying Juvenile tickets, or even not buying tickets at all , because they know they will be waved through the turnstile unchecked if they arrive at 2.55.

I went in the Dolman, Eastend end, and the handheld scanners were working, I was there quite early and as I'm reading about these delays etc I assume they broke? Or were the problems at the other Dolman entrances?

I went in the Dolman, Eastend end, and the handheld scanners were working, I was there quite early and as I'm reading about these delays etc I assume they broke? Or were the problems at the other Dolman entrances?

The Ateyo end of the Dolman had large queues, not quite to Ashton Rd but back level with the houses at 2.40, and rapidly growing as hundreds arriving at that time.

About 5 minutes later they presumably had the ok to stop scanning and let everyone in as the queue suddenly started moving,

there was still confusion though - the stewards by the turnstiles didn't say anything or engage with anyone and people were

still stopping & getting their season cards out at the turnstile only to be told to "go on through" by a seriously fed up turnstile customer service bod! No sign of any scanners............do they actually exist !!

On behalf of the club I would like to apologise for the complete lack of a shambles before the game today ;-)

On a serious note, thanks very much to all our supporters who turned up in good time or bought in advance for this match. Thanks also to all ticketing and matchday staff who worked hard to make sure that everyone got in to see the game in good time.

Same as previous game for me, massive queue out to ashton road from dolman when walking in, second game in a row when my ticket hasn't been scanned and I've just been waved through the turnstile without any ticket check.

Yes. I turn up at the gate at around 2:50 after leaving the pub, the same as I've doing for the last 15-20 years. Never know a season like this one with chaos and queues getting into the ground.

The old fashioned paper ticket book never a problem, when we first implemented the card swipe system their were cynics but it worked without a problem from first game. Current system is a massive step backward.

Disapointing all round, as were your comment Dave as above about a lack of shambles.

The Ateyo end of the Dolman had large queues, not quite to Ashton Rd but back level with the houses at 2.40, and rapidly growing as hundreds arriving at that time.

About 5 minutes later they presumably had the ok to stop scanning and let everyone in as the queue suddenly started moving,

there was still confusion though - the stewards by the turnstiles didn't say anything or engage with anyone and people were

still stopping & getting their season cards out at the turnstile only to be told to "go on through" by a seriously fed up turnstile customer service bod! No sign of any scanners............do they actually exist !!

Customer service? At the Gate?

I was there at that time and walked straight in after having the ticket scanned. There were no queues at all unless a massive crowd turned up behind me, although I did notice quite a few coming in at about 2.55 just as the teams were coming out. But thats their problem, should've got out the pub earlier...

Right. And they miss the excellent pre-match entertainment, too...

Disapointing all round, as were your comment Dave as above about a lack of shambles.

That's fair comment Bowie. I based my earlier posting on the fact that I knew there had been no queuing issues at the Williams ticket office, and when I checked at about 2.40 I was told that there were no problems anywhere else. There are clearly still some issues that need to be looked at though. I will investigate next week and get some answers.

Well I don't understand that, because my son & I went in at 2.35 and the queue was about 6 people long. The hand held scanners do not seem particularly slower than the old system so long as you have opened the folder out and show the card to the turnstile operator rather than make him unfold it with one hand and scan it with the other.

I cannot understand how the queue got so long so quickly.

That's fair comment Bowie. I based my earlier posting on the fact that I knew there had been no queuing issues at the Williams ticket office, and when I checked at about 2.40 I was told that there were no problems anywhere else. There are clearly still some issues that need to be looked at though. I will investigate next week and get some answers.

So just now you congratulated yourself and the staff,

Now your investigating. Hilarious.

Btw, as liaison officer or whatever it is, do you realise, away from this forum and its rosé tinted glasses, how many pissed off people there around bs3 who don't even bother anymore??

Any chance of some timed stills from the cctv cameras being posted up?

I was there at that time and walked straight in after having the ticket scanned. There were no queues at all unless a massive crowd turned up behind me, although I did notice quite a few coming in at about 2.55 just as the teams were coming out. But thats their problem, should've got out the pub earlier...

Or more likely those people were doing exactly the same matchday routine as they always have and the club have now managed to become incapable of handling people arriving just before kick off... crazy idea that might happen at a football match eh?!

Well I don't understand that, because my son & I went in at 2.35 and the queue was about 6 people long. The hand held scanners do not seem particularly slower than the old system so long as you have opened the folder out and show the card to the turnstile operator rather than make him unfold it with one hand and scan it with the other.

I cannot understand how the queue got so long so quickly.

It took the guy on the turnstile 6 atempts to read my card with a handheld scanner, which I had taken out of its plastic wallet and handed it to him. I would say it was taking half a minute to get through, although the turnstile next door was moving much quicker (just like being in the wrong lane during a motorway hold up I suppose!).

Has the person who introduced this "New and improved system" been sacked yet?

Almost pointless posting gripes now. We all know they continually get it wrong, they pay lip service to the problems to appease the masses, but still get it wrong.

Then they don't even know they are getting it wrong and send out a smug dave l out onto the board to try and rub in the fact they actually managed to do the basics right, something they should not be getting wrong in the first place (and that is what truly astonishes me) and low and behold before he even bothers checking all went well. He is on here ramming it down our throats with throw away sarcastic comments.

My suggesting. Get it right. Don't ram it down the throats of fans sarcastically. One you have got it right and by this I mean the very basics you should be getting right as a "PROFESSIONAL" football. Move on and improve the rest of the incompetent set up you have got. Don't expect to get praised for getting your core business processes working correctly.

And have I mentioned this hmmm don't come on here all smug when you have no clue of what is actually happening at the damn club on match days!

Rant over

Asked this on another thread, but why can't people pay cash at the turnstiles?

Never was a problem that I know of before so why did the club stop it.

I expect from my dealings with some on the turnstyles in the past, the ability to add and subtract is the problem. At best I think you got a grunt!

I expect from my dealings with some on the turnstyles in the past, the ability to add and subtract is the problem. At best I think you got a grunt!

I agree with what you say, but if tickets aren't working and queues are forming have a pay turnstile. How hard can it be in each stand to have 1 pay turnstile.

I guess because the club don't get your mobile number, email address and address to spam us with stuff they won't do it.

I agree with what you say, but if tickets aren't working and queues are forming have a pay turnstile. How hard can it be in each stand to have 1 pay turnstile.

I guess because the club don't get your mobile number, email address and address to spam us with stuff they won't do it.

So, what so these pay turnstiles do? Print off bundles and bundles of tickets to give people?

Tell people to sit in any seat? How do they know that seat isn't taken

Almost pointless posting gripes now. We all know they continually get it wrong, they pay lip service to the problems to appease the masses, but still get it wrong.

Then they don't even know they are getting it wrong and send out a smug dave l out onto the board to try and rub in the fact they actually managed to do the basics right, something they should not be getting wrong in the first place (and that is what truly astonishes me) and low and behold before he even bothers checking all went well. He is on here ramming it down our throats with throw away sarcastic comments.

My suggesting. Get it right. Don't ram it down the throats of fans sarcastically. One you have got it right and by this I mean the very basics you should be getting right as a "PROFESSIONAL" football. Move on and improve the rest of the incompetent set up you have got. Don't expect to get praised for getting your core business processes working correctly.

And have I mentioned this hmmm don't come on here all smug when you have no clue of what is actually happening at the damn club on match days!

Rant over

TRL, by reading many of your posts on this and similar threads regarding ticketing and turnstile threads, I think I'm right in my understanding that you are not presently attending matches at the Gate. It's therefore somewhat hypocritical of you to make statements such as: "hmmm don't come on here all smug when you have no clue of what is actually happening at the damn club on match days!" because in reality, your only knowledge of what is presently happening at the damn club on match days this season is through the postings of those who were actually present.

I'm not looking for confrontation - just a fair balance of opinons. If I am wrong in my understanding and you have been at the home matches this season then please accept my apologies.

TRL, by reading many of your posts on this and similar threads regarding ticketing and turnstile threads, I think I'm right in my understanding that you are not presently attending matches at the Gate. It's therefore somewhat hypocritical of you to make statements such as: "hmmm don't come on here all smug when you have no clue of what is actually happening at the damn club on match days!" because in reality, your only knowledge of what is presently happening at the damn club on match days this season is through the postings of those who were actually present.

I'm not looking for confrontation - just a fair balance of opinons. If I am wrong in my understanding and you have been at the home matches this season then please accept my apologies.

I was waiting for they hypocritical argument, as i have said many times. it is in part because of on going issues, this being one of them, and the inability to learn from mistakes by the club, that I no longer attend. I know what is going on on match days, as i am in the vicinity on match day and can see it with my own eyes. On top of that I have friends that tell me what has happened and posts on here. it is nothing new.

I have no intention of getting in a argument, it is all there for all to see, and have I stated anything wrong? Should Dave L found out the facts before posting on hear with a smug sarcastic attempt at humour? Did the club promise it wouldn't happen again? did Dave L say the tickets would not be checked twice in the EE?

I'm sorry, it is broken promises yet again, and I don't need to be going down there and paying on a Saturday to see it.

So, what so these pay turnstiles do? Print off bundles and bundles of tickets to give people?

Tell people to sit in any seat? How do they know that seat isn't taken

Print off tickets in advance for example 200 per stand with ticket numbers on same as in ticket office or booths do already.

Or maybe put a reserved sticker on a st holders seat so everyone knows its reserved and make rest of stand unreserved.

Can be done as last season home to mboro took advantage of the adult and child £15 evening post offer and tickets were all printed off in advance and were handed out with the voucher you gavee them.

I don't know if its possible or not just thinking of ways to help with the queues, club must be losing money if people are being waved through each game. Still no one has said why we can't have potd turnstiles.

Print off tickets in advance for example 200 per stand with ticket numbers on same as in ticket office or booths do already.

Or maybe put a reserved sticker on a st holders seat so everyone knows its reserved and make rest of stand unreserved.

Can be done as last season home to mboro took advantage of the adult and child £15 evening post offer and tickets were all printed off in advance and were handed out with the voucher you gavee them.

I don't know if its possible or not just thinking of ways to help with the queues, club must be losing money if people are being waved through each game. Still no one has said why we can't have potd turnstiles.

This is how it used to be done in the Dolman. Season ticket holders seats were marked reserved and the rest were first come first served. I can't for the life of me see what's wrong with that.

Can all this whinging please stop it's achieving nothing.

The problem will get fixed by whoever is responsible and that will be that.

Sh*t happens get over it.

In the meantime is there nothing more important in your lives that you need to sort out, I bet there is.

Can all this whinging please stop it's achieving nothing.

The problem will get fixed by whoever is responsible and that will be that.

Sh*t happens get over it.

In the meantime is there nothing more important in your lives that you need to sort out, I bet there is.

It achieve nothing!?!!!!! funny that, as I am sure Dave L didn't know there was a problem until it was posted here! funny that eh! Do nothing put up with shite, moan maybe something will be done about it! not that they have done much yet even after promises!

Archived