IGNORED

Gas Overload...

spudski

... Am I the only one on this forum, who is not in the slightest bit interested in our game against the Gas?

They just don't exist in my world. I couldn't tell you one player in their team, their results or where they are in the league.

Maybe it's because I don't have any aqaintences who are Gas supporters, so never get any 'Banter' socially or at work.

Many years ago... the thought of playing them, when we were of equal ability and played in the same league, then yes... but now... I really have forgotten all about them.

Am I the only one?

... Am I the only one on this forum, who is not in the slightest bit interested in our game against the Gas?

They just don't exist in my world. I couldn't tell you one player in their team, their results or where they are in the league.

Maybe it's because I don't have any aqaintences who are Gas supporters, so never get any 'Banter' socially or at work.

Many years ago... the thought of playing them, when we were of equal ability and played in the same league, then yes... but now... I really have forgotten all about them.

Am I the only one?

What's with the writing

Really? We haven't played you for years and I still hate City with a passion, and I would imagine the VAST majority of City fans feel the same way about us. If you can't get excited about a local derby I think you are missing out on a huge part of what being a football fan is all about.

Bring it on and may the best of two pretty shit teams win ( As long as it's us)

Really? We haven't played you for years and I still hate City with a passion, and I would imagine the VAST majority of City fans feel the same way about us. If you can't get excited about a local derby I think you are missing out on a huge part of what being a football fan is all about.

Bring it on and may the best of two pretty shit teams win ( As long as it's us)

If you wish to call your own team shit, I can only agree with you but don't bring City into it. We have a talented young team playing good football who when they get into their stride will start to climb the table. I am very confident we will be in and around the play offs by Xmas, are you so confident with how you will be doing in the 4th division?

Yes your the only one, If you had ever experienced one babs I'd expect you might be a tad more interested... ;)

Am I the only one?

Am I the only one?

Yes your the only one, If you had ever experienced one babs I'd expect you might be a tad more interested... ;)

Am I the only one?

So you start a thread on the forum about it...?!

Strange way of demonstrating that you "don't care in the slightest". Bizarre.

I have experienced them many times.

At Eastville and the Gate... Back when we were of a similar ability.

They just don't exist on my radar anymore.

Perhaps I've got used to Cardiff being our main rivals.

Just goes to show how far we've dropped in my book.

Rovers and the JPT are actually 'important' now.

As for starting a thread about it... just interested to know if anyone else felt the same, that's all.

There is nothing like a Bristol Derby and this will be totally seen by the attendance for the game in 2 weeks time.

For 90 minutes families will be split, friends will be enemies, most schools,pubs and workplaces will have banter and the result will have an influence over the entire season and probably last until the next local derby when bragging rights can be contested again.

I will be very surprised if the game isn't close to a sell out for both sides and this for a tin pot trophy that "nobody cares about" until the Final.

You will start as the Favourites of two sides who will both be on the young side compared to previous battles and very few of the players in both sides will have experienced the passion of the event or the effects a good performance can have on their career.

To be honest in our present form it is the last thing I could do with as a supporter and was hoping upon hope that we would draw Torquay or Wycombe at home or even Portsmouth but now its been drawn bring it on and anybody who says they are not interested then all I can say is they are just making excuses for themselves in case they lose because I can assure you that for any true blue or red defeat is unthinkable at this time and on the night tensions and passion will transform everybody in the ground.

The Bristol Derby can stand up there with the best- Manchester, Glasgow, Sheffield, Liverpool stand aside...this is Bristol's FA Cup Final.

There is nothing like a Bristol Derby and this will be totally seen by the attendance for the game in 2 weeks time.

For 90 minutes families will be split, friends will be enemies, most schools,pubs and workplaces will have banter and the result will have an influence over the entire season and probably last until the next local derby when bragging rights can be contested again.

I will be very surprised if the game isn't close to a sell out for both sides and this for a tin pot trophy that "nobody cares about" until the Final.

You will start as the Favourites of two sides who will both be on the young side compared to previous battles and very few of the players in both sides will have experienced the passion of the event or the effects a good performance can have on their career.

To be honest in our present form it is the last thing I could do with as a supporter and was hoping upon hope that we would draw Torquay or Wycombe at home or even Portsmouth but now its been drawn bring it on and anybody who says they are not interested then all I can say is they are just making excuses for themselves in case they lose because I can assure you that for any true blue or red defeat is unthinkable at this time and on the night tensions and passion will transform everybody in the ground.

The Bristol Derby can stand up there with the best- Manchester, Glasgow, Sheffield, Liverpool stand aside...this is Bristol's FA Cup Final.

Here you go Spudski, this is how most fans feel about the Derby......!

If you wish to call your own team shit, I can only agree with you but don't bring City into it. We have a talented young team playing good football who when they get into their stride will start to climb the table. I am very confident we will be in and around the play offs by Xmas, are you so confident with how you will be doing in the 4th division?

Deluded.....i admire the way O'Driscoll is trying to turn City around and given time i think we will see his hard work bear fruit, but lets not run away with the fact that the gas head is referring to us in the last few years and the start of this season, when we have been utter shite.

Here you go Spudski, this is how most fans feel about the Derby......!

Then i'm obviously not like most fans :-) Which isn't a problem...

It's probably because I've never 'hated' the Gas.

When I was at School my best friend was a Rovers fan... his grandfather was also a manager for them.

I actually knew more back then about the Gas, than I did the City.

Perhaps it was because I was hearing about football from an 'insiders' point of view, rather than just a 'fans' perspective, that my opinions are different.

Unfortunately based on recent history he is correct.

I find it hard to care about them, they are just another team to me. I used to work with a Rovers supporter back in the late 80's and saw us play them a few times, back then it was different as they seemed more like rivals. Nowadays I simply don't come across Rovers fans, and we play them so rarely they are no more on my radar than Yeovil, Exeter or Plymouth.

I find it hard to care about them, they are just another team to me. I used to work with a Rovers supporter back in the late 80's and saw us play them a few times, back then it was different as they seemed more like rivals. Nowadays I simply don't come across Rovers fans, and we play them so rarely they are no more on my radar than Yeovil, Exeter or Plymouth.

That's exactly how I feel about it... thank the lord i'm not the only one haha

Unfortunately based on recent history he is correct.

I haven't seen City play for years, but most of my City mates have been telling me how poor you have been recently, and results seem to bear that out. However, I was at the Newport game yesterday and the S****horpe one last week and cannot believe for a second that you are worse than us

I have experienced them many times.

At Eastville and the Gate... Back when we were of a similar ability.

They just don't exist on my radar anymore.

Perhaps I've got used to Cardiff being our main rivals.

Just goes to show how far we've dropped in my book.

Rovers and the JPT are actually 'important' now.

As for starting a thread about it... just interested to know if anyone else felt the same, that's all.

I think you'll find its more the fact the gas have been dog shite for years and are stuck in div 4...

I miss the rivalry big time, its what we've been missing

I haven't seen City play for years, but most of my City mates have been telling me how poor you have been recently, and results seem to bear that out. However, I was at the Newport game yesterday and the S****horpe one last week and cannot believe for a second that you are worse than us

I was at Newport yesterday and don't remember seeing the gas being that bad ever..

Absolutely useless...

Am I the only one?

Nope! - I'm with you here Spudski and have never hated the gas either!

I have no reason to as I concentrate on my team and have no interest in Man U, Liverpool etc let alone Bristol Rovers. All I'm interested in is Bristol City and that's it.

As you get older you realise that 11 blokes trying to kick a ball over a white line isn't really that important, and why should the outcome decide what sort of weekend you have? I'm lucky in the fact that I can now detach the emotion, and if we lose I'm slighty annoyed for an hour or so, but won't let it ruin my weekend like it used too!

You work hard all week, get 2 days off if you're lucky, so I'd rather enjoy them thank you very much.

Some City fans say they don't like Rovers and vice versa but how deep that is in most cases I don't know?

If you saw a work collegue getting a kicking down town would you help him out knowing he supported the other side!

What I do know though is some fans have it real bad, almost an illness.

I have a couple of Rovers fans at work and just the mention of us and the venom in their veins and the look in their eyes is sort of worrying really. If Rovers have lost, but City have as well that seems to make it better for them. One of them even sent a new chair back because his boss ordered a batch of red ones, and he refused to sit in it. :laughcont: Very sad indeed.

So why we're on the subject a question to all City and Rovers fans who get on here.

Why the hatred and how DEEP is it and WHY? Did you get a kicking :boxing: at school by a City/Rovers fan?

Maybe you don't like Red or Blue? :laugh:

I'm just intrigued why?

Similar to our last season in is division.

I'm wouldn't be bothered in the slightest if we lost to the gas in the paint pot cup if we ended the season promoted.

Getting back to the championship is more important to me than any game against rovers.

I have no reason to as I concentrate on my team and have no interest in Man U, Liverpool etc let alone Bristol Rovers. All I'm interested in is Bristol City and that's it.

As you get older you realise that 11 blokes trying to kick a ball over a white line isn't really that important, and why should the outcome decide what sort of weekend you have? I'm lucky in the fact that I can now detach the emotion, and if we lose I'm slighty annoyed for an hour or so, but won't let it ruin my weekend like it used too!

You work hard all week, get 2 days off if you're lucky, so I'd rather enjoy them thank you very much.

Some City fans say they don't like Rovers and vice versa but how deep that is in most cases I don't know?

If you saw a work collegue getting a kicking down town would you help him out knowing he supported the other side!

I have a couple of Rovers fans at work and just the mention of us and the venom in their veins and the look in their eyes is sort of worrying really. If Rovers have lost, but City have as well that seems to make it better for them. One of them even sent a new chair back because his boss ordered a batch of red ones, and he refused to sit in it. :laughcont: Very sad indeed.

So why we're on the subject a question to all City and Rovers fans who get on here.

Why the hatred and how DEEP is it and WHY? Did you get a kicking :boxing: at school by a City/Rovers fan?

I'm just intrigued why?

Exactly mate... Life's too short.

Love watching the City... but I watch it from a different perspective these days.

Time has moved on for me too.

Everyone is different of course.

Gone are the days of singing and chanting and getting hammered. and worrying about rivalries and other sets of fans.

I like to sit and watch and see a game unfold and watch the progress of players and what managers are trying to do.

Whether we win or lose... as long as I've enjoyed it, I don't care.

It's not that important anymore. What difference to your life does it make?

What a waste of time and energy... all over a football match that we have no control over.

I go to watch Lazio v Roma... now that really is a rivalry.

I can't get my head around how families will split over football though... I've seen it in Rome. To some extraordinary degrees.

There is probably some 'Deep and meaningful' reason for it though.

Maybe it's a 'working class' thing.

I can't think off the top of my head where another sport has such hatred towards other teams, and lets it dominate peoples actions in their lives, apart from Rugby League which is also working class.

I dunno... but it's interesting non the less.

Very much imho though...

Whether people care or not, I think predictions of a big crowd are wide of the mark. Both teams are in poor form. City season ticket holders will need to buy a ticket for a first round match in a low priority competition against league 2 opposition and many Rovers fans will decide that the threat of trouble at AG makes attending unnattractive. An attendance over 10,000 will surprise me.

My local is a nest of Gasheads. If they beat us, I'll have to find a new one :(

This game is vital to them, if not to us. It'll sweeten the season when they're relegated to the Conference, which will then be renamed the "Blue and White Square Conference".

I'm just intrigued why?

I think the real hatred started when people stopped going to both grounds, probably because of cost. You tend to hate most those things you don't know.

I've been a City fan since I first went to football 50+ years ago, but I used to go to Eastville every other week (remember when football was cheap working-man's entertainment?). In fact I've probably seen Rovers at Eastville more than most current Gasheads.

Archived