IGNORED

Gas Overload...

spudski

Deluded.....i admire the way O'Driscoll is trying to turn City around and given time i think we will see his hard work bear fruit, but lets not run away with the fact that the gas head is referring to us in the last few years and the start of this season, when we have been utter shite.

I agree with this FWIW.

While the sags are, by their own supporters admissions, poor at the mo, we are very much a work in progress under SOD. With so many new players to integrate it's going to take time and I reckon most, if not all of us, are starting to accept that. Another game, albeit against the sags, will help improve the familiarity of our side so there's a benefit there.

On current respective form we SHOULD beat the mob from North Bristol, especially at our place but unlike their support who think it's a bad time to play us, I reckon it's a good time for them to be facing us as SOD's team are still getting used to each other and the style he is demanding. Once our lot are fully settled down, I wouldn't fancy their chances at all.

On the derby, it will be nice to bury the ghost of Ricky Lambert's goal but I can't see past the fact it's the JPT although it doesn't seem likely that a league game is imminent. Now they were spicy!!

One of my best mates is a Rovers player but I still ******* hate them.

One of my best mates is Gashead, like you I still hate Bristol Rovers football club. To me it's part of the tribalism of football and that's what I really enjoy. If all fans were sat together politely clapping each others teams goals I wouldn't bother going. My favourite games have been the ones with the most hostile atmosphere.

My hatred for the sags is deeply personal, it's not just City v Rovers it's more than that. Not going to go into my personal details but if your experiences were like mine you would also have a deep hatred for them.

Bollocks. Whatever may have happened you can't hold all things Rovers responsible (or if you do you're daft). I dislike City because they are my teams biggest rivals, and local rivalry is part of the 'fun'

Bollocks. Whatever may have happened you can't hold all things Rovers responsible (or if you do you're daft). I dislike City because they are my teams biggest rivals, and local rivalry is part of the 'fun'

When a sag head calls my child his child and refuses to let me see him and then dresses him in Rovers crap and takes him to games etc then yea it's personal.

When a sag head calls my child his child and refuses to let me see him and then dresses him in Rovers crap and takes him to games etc then yea it's personal.

Then don't you think you should be more concerned with gaining access rather than using it as an excuse to dislike Rovers?

Sorry to hear of your difficulties BS34, and I sincerely hope that you are able to get access sorted - nothing is more important than our children. That bloke sounds like an absolute nightmare, but, I don't think his behaviour is connected to the fact that he supports Rovers.

Personally, I love the banter and wind-ups, but that doesn't escalate to actual, outright hatred. Maybe that's because I've never lived in Bristol, and so my school and workplaces have never been a hotbed for meeting fellow fans/rivals.

Really? We haven't played you for years and I still hate City with a passion, and I would imagine the VAST majority of City fans feel the same way about us. If you can't get excited about a local derby I think you are missing out on a huge part of what being a football fan is all about.

Bring it on and may the best of two pretty shit teams win ( As long as it's us)

I HATE THE GASH more than you hate us

What the F..K is your name!

When people live out if bristol that's when it starts to dilute imo, And also the young uns who've not seen Derbys from earlier years..fair enuff...

Some of the things that went on back then were bordering insanity, and on occasions things got personal which should not happen at football..

Ive heard a few fans lately with Spudski's opinions.. To me this is what modern football is slowly doing, watering the sport down so much that people are starting to question rivarlys.. I mean FFS if that part of football dies then wtf is left?

Ive heard a few fans lately with Spudski's opinions.. To me this is what modern football is slowly doing, watering the sport down so much that people are starting to question rivarlys.. I mean FFS if that part of football dies then wtf is left?

But that's the thing... The Gas aren't really rivals anymore. And haven't been for a long time.

If we beat them...big deal... we should. So it's no big result.

They just happen to be a team that play's in Bristol now.

History may have some part... but it's become diluted because of the gap.

Football as it should be died in this Country many years ago. You have to go non league to really experience it.

Or... follow a team in Germany... Clubs run by the fans and for the community. It's the only way we are going to get back to how it should be.

I hope SOD doesn't have the same opinion about this gas as Spudski and stick out a reserve team.

This game is VERY important, it's all about the pride of Bristol for the next who knows how many years.

The blue few still bang on about Ricky Lambert smashing the ball into the net in front of our faces, and that was only the paint pot trophy.

I hope we beat them 6-0 and send them back north of the river never to be seen again.

COYR. CAF. MTG :chant6ez:

When most of your mates growing up were gas with them taking coaches from the Wingrove in Keynsham and us taking a car load then be under no illusion they are very much the enemy and losing to them is sheer hell. I'm 50 so if I'm over reacting to getting them in the JPT then so be it but I hate the Gas more than any team in existence and after they celebrated 82 believe me I savour every chance we get to shut them up. I respect those who support their local team and that includes the gas but beyond that I hope they lose every game. SOD will understand the fans passion for this and Cardiff get no where near lose to this rivalry!!!

I hope SOD doesn't have the same opinion about this gas as Spudski and stick out a reserve team.

This game is VERY important, it's all about the pride of Bristol for the next who knows how many years.

The blue few still bang on about Ricky Lambert smashing the ball into the net in front of our faces, and that was only the paint pot trophy.

I hope we beat them 6-0 and send them back north of the river never to be seen again.

COYR. CAF. MTG :chant6ez:

Surely it would be better to play our reserve team or youngsters and still beat them?

Why risk injury to first team players in the tin pot cup?

Would you rather we beat them with the first team and get some injuries that will influence our league status?

The likelyhood of someone getting injured in this game is massive. It always is in Derby's.

All this fuss... for some bragging rights, that mean **** all in the big picture of things.

Surely it would be better to play our reserve team or youngsters and still beat them?

Would you rather we beat them with the first team and get some injuries that will influence our league status?

The likelyhood of someone getting injured in this game is massive. It always is in Derby's.

All this fuss... for some bragging rights, that mean **** all in the big picture of things.

A competition we could well win !

If Pro footballers are afraid of getting injured in any game they shouldn't be Pro footballers.

Never saw Gerry Gow back down against Frankie Prince

Beat the Gas then lose at home to Shrewbury because one of our boys took one for the team?

Yeah. I'll take that

Does make me laugh all these people saying it is a crap cup etc will no doubt still go to Wembley if we got there!

Not me, mate. I've been there three times already with City (2 old, 1 new). I'll go to Wembley for a real final (pray-off, FL Cup, FA Cup) but not for the Pisspot Trophy.

Let me be clear. I don't hate the Gas, because I reserve hatred for those who really deserve it, but I hate losing to them and I love beating them.

I'll tell you a story about the kind of people I really hate.

Before the last (hopefully last ever) League game with the Gas at the Gate, I came in from the Duckmoor Road direction and I noticed a group of young girls in that horrible quartered kit, sat on a wall waiting for their mates. About five minutes later, the word got around that some 'City supporters' had had a go at them and one of the girls was quite badly hurt. As soon as they heard, a group of about a dozen EE ultras left the ground, probably missing the game, and went in search of the scum that did it. If that scum was found by the police first, then the bastards could count themselves lucky.

That kind of scum, I do I hate.

If we lose, I've got to put up with gurning Gas in laws and colleagues laughing in my face telling me how ******* great they are and how "you'll never beat the Gaaz" plus how we got done in our backyard bullsh1t. I know full well it's all rubbish and that in the grand scheme of things one result doesnt change over 100 years in which we have generally been the more successful and better supported club but I could do without irritation.

Personally I'd prefer it if we didn't have this sodding competition to compete in, but we do so I want S'OD and the players to do what they should be capable of...beat a basement league team and at the same time allow me to say a massive '**** you!' to all the Gasheads who have spent the summer choking the chicken over us getting relegated. I've got to work with these idiots.

The older folk will be the majority of attendance for this game, the ones who have experienced a Bristol Derby before. I for one never have and am absolutely thrilled for this game. Last time I decided not to go but this time it's a given.

It will sell out. COYR

Archived