IGNORED

Nicky Shorey

Evander SnowyField

Bristol City are weighing up a move for former Reading defender Nicky Shorey, Sky Sports understands.

Shorey is available on a free transfer after being released by Reading at the end of last season.

Millwall had expressed an interest in Shorey with the left-back linking up with them for training, but Lions boss Steve Lomas admitted his squad would have to be trimmed before he could offer a deal.

However, Bristol City are thought to have joined the chase for the former England international.

Shorey has linked up with City for training this week so that Sean O'Driscoll can cast an eye over him at close quarters and, if he impresses, he could win a deal at Ashton Gate.

Don't see Bryan as cover for Cunningham if we're going to try to challenge, leave him where he is and let him develop there. Only cover at left-back if Cunningham goes down is Williams but that would mean playing Fontaine again. If he's still got legs wouldn't be against this at all. Experience was glaringly missing at the end against Wolves, would a calm, experienced head like Shorey on the pitch have calmed things down?

Now i have only seen the highlights on player so i can't really comment...

Sod it every bugger else does,here goes.

I have not been terribly impressed with either of our full backs so far this year.

For one of the Wolves goals Cunningham was watching the scène and the opposition player had all the time in the world to pick his spot.

Please tell me i'm wrong cause i liked thèm both last year.

That's what I was thinking tbh. Experience, Flint is big enough to do the Aerial stuff and Shorey could provide the leadership and experience?

Exactly what I was thinking Jordan.

From what I've seen so far this season, we need some experience at the back. I've also not been that impressed with Cunningham so far this season.

Shorey is also excellent at Freekicks and Corners. I feel JET is wasted taking all of ours... yes he's good at them, but i'd rather see his talents in an around the box on the receiving end.

I'd be really happy if he came to us... always thought he was quality.

Archived