IGNORED

Gas Ticket Prices Online

OneManMob

Basically someone saw the Rovers emblem appear under match tickets and posted links on twitter etc. There was no other information on there about the match such as prices, phases, dates etc as there are for the Shrewsbury, Peterborough, MK Dons games etc.

People were able to click through though and I assume purchase tickets. Not long after the official site and Kev Smith both tweeted to say they were doing testing on the site to make sure it can cope with demand tomorrow and therefore this has since disappeared from the site - cute outrage.

Unprofessional by the club to test on a live system but I for one would always wait for an official announcement from the club before attempting to purchase any tickets.

Not strictly correct, once clicked on the city vs rovers link you get the prices then.

Messages from the club on twitter.

@bcfctweets: Please note online tickets testing for Bristol Rovers is currently taking place. Please do not attempt to purchase at this stage.

@Kev_a_Smith: Ticket details for Rovers game will be released tomorrow, currently testing of online system to ensure all ST holders seats are reserved.

Deary deary me. What a tool thus bloke is turning out to be.

Words fail me. I'm not confident at all of trying to buy a ticket, for this or any other match. Thank god I have got a ST and its just a gamble if the scanners let me in or not on match days. I couldn't be doing with the stress and the hassle of this every time, never mind where my bank or personal details might end up.

I am well and truly embarrassed by my club, we must be a laughing stock.

I mentioned in one of the many many ticket problem threads yesterday that at last weeks Fans Parliament, Kevin Smith sweated his way through his reasoning for the Bradford ticket debacle, and promised this would not happen again. He said that it was his job to make sure these issues are resolved and his job was on the line if things didn't improve.

Well Mr Smith, you don't seem to be taking your job very seriously. Since you made this promise there have been more problems at the Wolves game with the scanners not working, fans being told they are at the wrong game, huge queues and eventual release by simply opening up the gates, fans not being able to buy away tickets when they are at AG on a Saturday, fans not being able to reserve THEIR OWN SEAT for cup matches, and now the brainwave of conducting user testing in a live environment (I've never heard of the like, seriously)!! Followed by a public announcement that you've had a tough week and are off to the pub!!

You may well have had a tough week Kev, but you've made your own bed I'm afraid kiddo. This new all singing, all dancing ticketing system was supposed to be revolutionary, so you promised. It was designed to make the purchasing of tickets a slick and seamless transaction, so was promised.

This is your baby, buddy, your job to get this right, and your promises that are being broken. Diddums that you've had a tough week.

Are we going to receive a more respectable public announcement for the shambles you are currently operating? Tweeting that you're down the pub doesn't quite cut it for a lot of disgruntled CUSTOMERS.

Nice explanation by adam! Nice one adam. Really explained well why you were testing in a live public facing system.

I'm sorry an apology is not enough for this kind of shambles. A email will be winging its way to the information officer's office. Why would anyone ever have any trust in any of the rubbish our club peddles now?

Still not enough. I've seen your low lights. That's a bad side

Well I was going to ask for 5, but we aren't actually tooooooo bad at the back, so 4 should be enough. As for actually scoring against you, I've seen Carey (OG) on a videprinter a few times over the years so that's where my first goal scorer bet will be going.

Oh, by the way, I've just seen this little beauty on the Away Tickets section (MK Dons tickets) :

SMART CARDS

Supporters must bring/quote all season cards/client reference numbers when purchasing tickets.The client reference shown on your season card or members card is your personal identification number and MUST be used whenever booking match tickets (whether online, by phone or in person). Failure to use this client reference number will result in match loyalty being incorrectly recorded.

Ummm...there is no Client Reference Number on the Season Card any more. Kevin Smith took great pleasure in explaining this at the Fans Parliament. You don't need a Client Reference Number any more, as you now have a Barcode on your card - this is your own individual barcode which will allow your loyalty points to be totted up (assuming you can actually scan it onto a working scanner, of course!).

So, does anyone actually proof-read this stuff?? Asking me to quote my Client Reference Number when purchasing my MK Dons ticket. A reference number which doesn't actually exist???

Tremendous stuff going on behind the scenes down there at the moment. It's laughable! I've never really been one to moan about the club (some may have previously labelled me a happy-clapper perhaps), but the last couple of weeks have demonstrated incompetence to such a level, that even I, a usually very patient and understanding kinda guy, have been astonished by the leadership off the pitch.

My message to Kevin Smith is this : Commercial Directors are like nappies. They both need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons.

Am I the only person who is feeling a bit uncomfortable about this thread? Why are we always baying for blood? Admittedly, yes, the Bradford ticket issue was bad, but ever since then it seems some fans are hell bent on causing a fuss about every single thing since then. Did I dream it, or did someone really start a thread complaining that the club wouldn't give them a plate as he / she was incapable of eating chips from a cone? Really?

Anyway, if it isn't one thing its another, but hey, as long as we've got someone to hit with a stick, eh!!! Sure its not been a great week for the commercial department, but come on, we've all had a bad week, and we've all had unsuccessful periods within our jobs.

Let me ask you this. Would you all be satisfied if Kevin Smith lost his job? It seems to me that people genuinely get a kick out of causing a reaction at the club that results in a bit of drama. So what if Kev is going to the pub after a hard week!! Don't we all? I think we'd all be lying if we hadn't at least once said the phrase "what a week, time for the pub". Do we know whats been going on behind the scenes? Nobody has died, yes its not great, but for people to say they're embarrassed, or that people should be losing jobs is very dramatic in my opinion.

Am I the only person who is feeling a bit uncomfortable about this thread? Why are we always baying for blood? Admittedly, yes, the Bradford ticket issue was bad, but ever since then it seems some fans are hell bent on causing a fuss about every single thing since then. Did I dream it, or did someone really start a thread complaining that the club wouldn't give them a plate as he / she was incapable of eating chips from a cone? Really?

Anyway, if it isn't one thing its another, but hey, as long as we've got someone to hit with a stick, eh!!! Sure its not been a great week for the commercial department, but come on, we've all had a bad week, and we've all had unsuccessful periods within our jobs.

Let me ask you this. Would you all be satisfied if Kevin Smith lost his job? It seems to me that people genuinely get a kick out of causing a reaction at the club that results in a bit of drama. So what if Kev is going to the pub after a hard week!! Don't we all? I think we'd all be lying if we hadn't at least once said the phrase "what a week, time for the pub". Do we know whats been going on behind the scenes? Nobody has died, yes its not great, but for people to say they're embarrassed, or that people should be losing jobs is very dramatic in my opinion.

This ^

Things have gone wrong, they are working hard to put it right and whilst things haven't improved 100%, the number of complaints seem to be getting smaller. They are getting there. Slowly. But they are getting there.

It's just a shame that supporters who've said they've not intention of going to any home games seem the most determined to whip up a frenzy.

Dicksy, they are taking peoples personal information and banking information! this is by far the worst thing they have done so far, and they could get in far more trouble doing this than us just moaning here.

I have seen various people lose their jobs for doing something similar. It is slapdash and shoddy, and there is no way in hell they should ever have taken peoples debit or credit card details. What guarantees are there that these details have not been hacked or passed on? None I bet! If a bog standard user can get into the sstem so easily to enter details, you can be damn sure the back door is pretty easy to get into if their security is this lax

It does seem like City have a few ticketing problems atm, and If Kevin Smith is in charge of ticketing at your place, then it needs to be sorted. However, I often read football forums where at the first sign of a problem within a club (pasties too cold, coffee too hot, that sort of thing) someone posts something suggesting a club employee should be sacked .In my experience, people demanding someone should be sacked at the first sign of a problem are c unts- just saying like .

Season ticket holder seats have been swiped up as well. Some disgrunted people on Twitter claiming that their season ticket seats were sold and are far from amused as can be expected. Another Bristol City ticketing nightmare, be interesting to see how they recover this one, some could have a nasty shock when they try and purchase their s/t seats in the morning!

As a season ticket holder I will be calling the club tomorrow and if my seats have been sold I am gonna f##king kick righ off, bloddy shambles testing a bloody live system!!!

Yes, of course we've all said this.

But the Commercial Director of BCFC (as he announces himself on Twitter), is therefore no doubt 'Followed' on Twitter by a number of his customers.

I may very well say to my mates or work colleagues "what a shi**y day, I need a pint", but I wouldn't dream of announcing this is full view of my customers, some of whom at present are rather unhappy with the service I am providing.

I'm not at all uncomfortable about this thread. Things are not at all rosy behind the scenes down there at the moment and there are a lot of unhappy campers. Yes, if someone asks for a paper plate, and there are paper plates available, then as the customer purchasing the goods, they should be given a paper plate.

It may seem trivial, but when the fundamental things go wrong (i.e. fans can't get into the ground to watch football), then naturally the more trivial matters will force themselves forward.

I don't want whoever is responsible to lose their job (those were his words - his job is on the line is what HE said). I just want the mess to be sorted out and the person responsible to come out and explain what the hell has been going on.

Dicksy, they are taking peoples personal information and banking information! this is by far the worst thing they have done so far, and they could get in far more trouble doing this than us just moaning here.

I have seen various people lose their jobs for doing something similar. It is slapdash and shoddy, and there is no way in hell they should ever have taken peoples debit or credit card details. What guarantees are there that these details have not been hacked or passed on? None I bet! If a bog standard user can get into the sstem so easily to enter details, you can be damn sure the back door is pretty easy to get into if their security is this lax

Adam has said all details are safe and secure.

Yes but we had a system that worked perfectly on before they brought in this all singing all dancing system to huge acclaim.+now were supposed to congratulate them bbecause things ate slowly improving. The lessons learnt against reading led to total chaos v Bradford and slightly less chaos v wolves became the turnstile staff gave up checking tickets and simply waved people through. and now this latest farce! oh and I'm a season card holder and

Adam has said all details are safe and secure.

Ah that is okay then! Just like we trust them not to test on a live system.

The trust has gone. I wouldn't trust this two bit mob with serving me a cup of tea, let alone securing my credit or debit card details.

How do you know they are safe? what has they done or said to prove they are safe other than say they are safe?

Can we trust them to have the relevant security in place, how are we to know they haven't blown a massive big hole in their firewalls to let all data through when testing, and then slowly locked down one rule at a time, given people that are so inclined full access to their systems?

Archived