IGNORED

Gas Ticket Prices Online

OneManMob

I'm a bit disappointed its £15. Think the club have seen the £££ signs and will miss out on a sell-out now.

Palace tickets are only £10 and considering the club would have been anticipating a low attendance for the JPT before we drew Rovers its a shame they've hiked prices.

£15 is pretty cheap!!

You can't do much else for £15 these days.

If it's not a sell out then it's a poor showing from "fans" who would rather watch it on sky.

couldn't agree more....£15...this game will not sell out. With it being on TV, they should have done their absolute best to pack the Gate for this one

How embarrassing....a Bristol Derby on TV and doubt it will sell out

Should have been tenner a ticket, fiver for a kid

I'm a bit disappointed its £15. Think the club have seen the £££ signs and will miss out on a sell-out now.

Palace tickets are only £10 and considering the club would have been anticipating a low attendance for the JPT before we drew Rovers its a shame they've hiked prices.

Do you reckon 1/3 of the fans won't go because it's £15 instead of £10? I doubt that many will not go.

The club wouldn't of been anticipating such a high police bill though would they!

Don't understand why they don't price tickets with the same ages as season cards, no u21 ticket on this one but all the others are there.

Disappointed to hear it will cost more than the palace game, it's a tinpot cup and I think the club have money in their thoughts, not the fans. Taking advantage because they know more want to go, oh well. Won't put me off going, but certainly will for a few others when it's on TV.

each side gets £10K from sky , 45% each of gate recpts with 10% to football league

fair enough, not brilliant but better then nowt I guess. I would have thought though they would have wanted to sell the Gate for this one, make a really good impression for the cameras and for people who will be watching

Do you reckon 1/3 of the fans won't go because it's £15 instead of £10? I doubt that many will not go.

The club wouldn't of been anticipating such a high police bill though would they!

I think a fair few will consider it now. I certainly am as money is tight! Regardless of police bill the club will make a handy profit from this game. £10 would have matched the pricing of the Palace game (a premier league side and better competition!) and been a nice gesture considering the recent ticketing cock ups. It also would have ensured a big, if not capacity, crowd.

That would be my guess as to the thought processes - but I could not be sure as to WHOSE thought processes.If I recall correctly, the ticket pricing has to be agreed with the Gas, as they get a share after profits. It is more than possible that City wanted £10 a head and they refused. Hey ho, another stick to beat the club with anyway.....

I think a fair few will consider it now. I certainly am as money is tight! Regardless of police bill the club will make a handy profit from this game. £10 would have matched the pricing of the Palace game (a premier league side and better competition!) and been a nice gesture considering the recent ticketing cock ups. It also would have ensured a big, if not capacity, crowd.

I don't think the club will make much money.

I'm not even considering it. You will struggle to find a Championship match with £15 a ticket prices and this is a local derby which doesn't happen as often!

It's the same price as going to a league game basically, but this game will have more passion and a fantastic atmosphere.

None of u are getting the point yes palace is a tenner which will cost the club no where near wat the game against the scum will the extra stewarding the extra cost of policing it doesnt surprise me it's 15 and I'll still be buying my ticket 2morro morning if an extra 5er is 2 much then don't go stop moaning about it ffs

Maybe people are questioning the prices because they could 'buy' a ticket for a tenner last night.

I think so too.

I also think the Palace game is a bit of a bench mark. Yes Rovers are our local rivals. But palace are premier league and the league cup is bigger than the JPT. Having the Rovers prices higher than Palace is a clear money making move.

This could have been a real opportunity for a community trust type occasion, giving back to the city and fans in a Mickey Mouse cup where before the first round draw was made the club would have budgeted for a tiny attendance in this game.

None of u are getting the point yes palace is a tenner which will cost the club no where near wat the game against the scum will the extra stewarding the extra cost of policing it doesnt surprise me it's 15 and I'll still be buying my ticket 2morro morning if an extra 5er is 2 much then don't go stop moaning about it ffs

The policing costs will be way more for Rovers, yes. But did the club really budget for making much money from the JPT this season? I wouldn't have thought so! The sheer fact that we got rovers is a massive financial boost for the club regardless of thebmassive policing costs and the revenue split with the gas (I would have thought). And with it being on sky (which gives the club a bonus 10k) they should have done everything to pack the gate.

I think so too.

I also think the Palace game is a bit of a bench mark. Yes Rovers are our local rivals. But palace are premier league and the league cup is bigger than the JPT. Having the Rovers prices higher than Palace is a clear money making move.

This could have been a real opportunity for a community trust type occasion, giving back to the city and fans in a Mickey Mouse cup where before the first round draw was made the club would have budgeted for a tiny attendance in this game.

It doesn't matter about premier league and League 2 the fact is that the Rovers game will have a massive police presence which costs a bomb these days.

Tbf its a difficult balancing act for the club! you can be sure that ob will be stinging us for every Penney they can get and as said for all we know we might have wanted to charge £10 but gas insisted on £15 it is the biggest game theyl play this season after all! 10£ would have been nice but 15 is still reasonable, let's not beat the club up over this!

The police cost for Carey's testimonial was over 100k rovers get 45% of the profit the league get 10% so do u really think city will make that much profit and does it really matter if they are its cheaper then a league game and any profit will hopefully help towards strenthening the squad like I said if it's to much in ur opinion watch it on sky

Why are gate receipts shared? Does this happen any time a cup game happens? Genuinely thought the home team would get the profits considering wed bring in 8x the amount of income they will.

This is common in the cup. Its partly why little teams love being drawn away at Man U etc in the cup as they get 45% profit on a 60k-ish attendance. Their home capacity could be only 2k so it's a massive financial boost for them.

Why are gate receipts shared? Does this happen any time a cup game happens? Genuinely thought the home team would get the profits considering wed bring in 8x the amount of income they will.

It always been that way. If we drew Man Utd at Old Trafford in the cup, you'd want it shared then.

If we had drawn Cheltenham (or another small team) at home first round then I'm certain prices would have been £10. Attendance would have been 3,000 tops i would have thought.

10 x 3000 = £30k - £10k (guess at match day costs) = £20k profit to split between the two clubs and football league.

Now that we've drawn Rovers, at a tenner I'd have thought it would sell-out (about 18k)

10 x 18000 = £180k - £100k (again a guess at match day and police costs) = £80k profit to share out, not forgetting £10k from sky.

I know it's only guess work but the arguments for higher prices to cover police costs doesn't appear to add up. The club will already make heaps more from JPT round 1 than they could have dreamed of!

If we had drawn Cheltenham (or another small team) at home first round then I'm certain prices would have been £10. Attendance would have been 3,000 tops i would have thought.

10 x 3000 = £30k - £10k (guess at match day costs) = £20k profit to split between the two clubs and football league.

Now that we've drawn Rovers, at a tenner I'd have thought it would sell-out (about 18k)

10 x 18000 = £180k - £100k (again a guess at match day and police costs) = £80k profit to share out, not forgetting £10k from sky.

I know it's only guess work but the arguments for higher prices to cover police costs doesn't appear to add up. The club will already make heaps more from JPT round 1 than they could have dreamed of!

You are missing the point again! weren't police cost for Carey's game around 100k? for a crowd of 8k.

Archived