IGNORED

Gas Ticket Prices Online

OneManMob

Yes, of course we've all said this.

But the Commercial Director of BCFC (as he announces himself on Twitter), is therefore no doubt 'Followed' on Twitter by a number of his customers.

I may very well say to my mates or work colleagues "what a shi**y day, I need a pint", but I wouldn't dream of announcing this is full view of my customers, some of whom at present are rather unhappy with the service I am providing.

I'm not at all uncomfortable about this thread. Things are not at all rosy behind the scenes down there at the moment and there are a lot of unhappy campers. Yes, if someone asks for a paper plate, and there are paper plates available, then as the customer purchasing the goods, they should be given a paper plate.

It may seem trivial, but when the fundamental things go wrong (i.e. fans can't get into the ground to watch football), then naturally the more trivial matters will force themselves forward.

I don't want whoever is responsible to lose their job (those were his words - his job is on the line is what HE said). I just want the mess to be sorted out and the person responsible to come out and explain what the hell has been going on.

I can see where you're coming from, but for me, I just don't think its worth all of this frenzy and goading for a sacking. I just think its all a bit of an overreaction. I just hate to think that someone will lose their job as a result of a storm in a tea cup. I'm not saying that I'm right, but that is how I feel.

Yes but we had a system that worked perfectly on before they brought in this all singing all dancing system to huge acclaim.+now were supposed to congratulate them bbecause things ate slowly improving. The lessons learnt against reading led to total chaos v Bradford and slightly less chaos v wolves became the turnstile staff gave up checking tickets and simply waved people through. and now this latest farce! oh and I'm a season card holder and

Clearly there was never going to be an overnight fix. Okay, it would have helped manage expectations if (once they realised that) if they'd have announced that, but all we are able to do is accept that things haven't been great, comments have been noted and all that's left is to let those who are trying to fix the problems, fix it.

We've got to be mindful that we've got no idea exactly what the terms of the system purchase where when they club signed up.

Yes but we had a system that worked perfectly on before they brought in this all singing all dancing system to huge acclaim.+now were supposed to congratulate them bbecause things ate slowly improving. The lessons learnt against reading led to total chaos v Bradford and slightly less chaos v wolves became the turnstile staff gave up checking tickets and simply waved people through. and now this latest farce! oh and I'm a season card holder and

You aren't having too much luck today are you? haha

Ah that is okay then! Just like we trust them not to test on a live system.

The trust has gone. I wouldn't trust this two bit mob with serving me a cup of tea, let alone securing my credit or debit card details.

How do you know they are safe? what has they done or said to prove they are safe other than say they are safe?

Can we trust them to have the relevant security in place, how are we to know they haven't blown a massive big hole in their firewalls to let all data through when testing, and then slowly locked down one rule at a time, given people that are so inclined full access to their systems?

Microsoft beta in live and you can buy anything through one of their browsers.

I'm not sure why you care so much, seeing as you aren't going.

As for 'trust' do you 'trust' every person and company you purchase goods with online?

As for 'trust' do you 'trust' every person and company you purchase goods with online?

What has that got to do with anything Rob? so what if it is in Beta, that is your choice to use it! bloody awful argument to try and hide the massive security flaw that has been exposed today

For the risk of repeating myself for the nth time, it is things like this that have stopped me going, so damn right I am going to keep commenting.

No, hence I only buy from certain websites, and when i need to buy from somewhere I am not 100% sure about I use credit card, so the credit card company can refund me and fight those companies if something goes bad. Again that is not the point either! Whoever does testing on a live system! It is bad enough if it is an internal facing system! But an external facing system. Shocking, truly shocking.

Commercially we are a joke ticket scenario has been appalling all season,last season we wore red and black and could not read the blackthorn on the front which I am sure pleased the sponsor and sounds like we are going to wear a rugby kit brand next season plus the food is poor and expensive! On the plus side we have got through to the 2nd round of league cup.

I have just text my CLAS consultant mate. He replied along the lines, oh dear disciplinary or even sackings on the cards then! he was bemused how it even happened!

I can see where you're coming from, but for me, I just don't think its worth all of this frenzy and goading for a sacking. I just think its all a bit of an overreaction. I just hate to think that someone will lose their job as a result of a storm in a tea cup. I'm not saying that I'm right, but that is how I feel.

As I said, no-one wants anyone to get the sack (well, apart from Fontaine!!), but the club have had problems for 3 home games running + 2 future home games, in fulfilling what should be the fundamental aspect of football fandom - getting people through the turnstiles.

Ticket problems have now surfaced for each and every one of the 5 home games for which tickets have been made available (or phantomly made available in the case of the JPT game!)

The system is majorly flawed and no-one has any trust in it.

All I'm asking for is for the providers of the system (Green 4 Solutions - or Piss Poor Solutions in my mind) to be working overtime until it's resolved, and then one almighty apology from the Commercial Director who negotiated the purchase of said system with all of it's unfulfilled promises.

I want to see him take responsibility for the problem, and then take ownership of the explanation (rather than rely on Dave L to take the flak when he has to fend off the angry online mob).

I'm with dicksy. There does seem to be a massive overreaction as far as I can tell. Isn't what happened not really much different to the previous company ticketmaster accidently opening up sales before the date (which has happened in the past). Surely people still paid through the normal system they would use if the tickets really were on sale so the information is as protected as it would always be.

Plus, I believe many people found this link on twitter. Would you really trust any link from twitter that takes you to a webpage which looks like the one you are expecting, even if you didn't expect an item to be on sale?

Plus, I believe many people found this link on twitter. Would you really trust any link from twitter that takes you to a webpage which looks like the one you are expecting, even if you didn't expect an item to be on sale?

It doesn't matter HOW it happened, the fact that it HAS happened, and that it SHOULDN'T have happened is the problem.

You (and others) may see this as an over-reaction. I see it as 5 consecutive games where there have been problems with the new ticketing system, therefore, as THE fundamental part of being able to follow City (i.e. buying a ticket), this is a pretty fundamental problem.

It doesn't matter HOW it happened, the fact that it HAS happened, and that it SHOULDN'T have happened is the problem.

You (and others) may see this as an over-reaction. I see it as 5 consecutive games where there have been problems with the new ticketing system, therefore, as THE fundamental part of being able to follow City (i.e. buying a ticket), this is a pretty fundamental problem.

Harrry, do you know if they use the visa and mastercard verification system when taking payments?

The thing is though harry, the club will put up DL to take the flak became that is what they pay him to do!

Dave was watching a 'fast, funny, frolicking, frenzied, farce' tonight at Bath Treatre Royal, he obviously enjoys a good farce.

Well done for £10 a ticket City, no doubt it's gonna sell out now. BUT I am f*cking confused as to what is going on right now?

Take a chance on handing them your credit card details mate.

If I was going, I would be put off purchasing any tickets online now. kind of shot themselves in the foot with this one.

Harrry, do you know if they use the visa and mastercard verification system when taking payments?

Dunno fella. I can't access the system!!

The connection has timed out

The server at ticketing.bcfc.co.uk is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few

moments.

If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network

connection.

If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure

that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Dunno fella. I can't access the system!!

The connection has timed out

The server at ticketing.bcfc.co.uk is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few

moments.

If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network

connection.

If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure

that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Lovely :) i'd be interested to know, if you do manage to get in.

Lovely :) i'd be interested to know, if you do manage to get in.

I'm not gonna bother now. Was only trying to get MK Dons tickets - got Friday of work so will pop down to AG and buy them the old fashioned way - I'll make sure I have my Season Card with me so they can clock my loyalty points on the non-existent client ref number!!

I'm not gonna bother now. Was only trying to get MK Dons tickets - got Friday of work so will pop down to AG and buy them the old fashioned way - I'll make sure I have my Season Card with me so they can clock my loyalty points on the non-existent client ref number!!

:laugh:

I would consider asking them to take you off their database, then re add your details at a later date once these "Teething troubles" and lax approach to IS security is rectified!

No, you are right.

Didn't see the thread about the fella who got his chips in a cone instead of a plate, but I really wish I had.

Apologie posted by Adam at the top of this forum

Been there ages. Doesn't tell us anything. We are just relying on them saying everything is okay. Not good enough. They apologise too much and just keep lurching from one screw up to another. With all the bad feeling, you would imagine they would have done the testing by the book. Oh not city. Same old shoddy ways, no lessons learned.

Apologies not accepted.

Archived