IGNORED

Gas Ticket Prices Online

OneManMob

If we had drawn Cheltenham (or another small team) at home first round then I'm certain prices would have been £10. Attendance would have been 3,000 tops i would have thought.

10 x 3000 = £30k - £10k (guess at match day costs) = £20k profit to split between the two clubs and football league.

Now that we've drawn Rovers, at a tenner I'd have thought it would sell-out (about 18k)

10 x 18000 = £180k - £100k (again a guess at match day and police costs) = £80k profit to share out, not forgetting £10k from sky.

I know it's only guess work but the arguments for higher prices to cover police costs doesn't appear to add up. The club will already make heaps more from JPT round 1 than they could have dreamed of!

but to extend the point and using your guestimates on costs, 15 x 14000 = £210k - £100k which would give each club an extra £13.5k - which is an amount which I doubt could be gained from the added purchases the extra 4k support which might be achieved with £10 tickets.

So if the price has to be agreed, (at least) one of the clubs wanted the price higher than £10... so which club would have the greatest proportionate need for an extra £13.5k in light of the respective SCMP regulations for league 1 and league 2? That is why my guess is that it was the Gas which refused to match the Palace ticket price...

You are missing the point again! weren't police cost for Carey's game around 100k? for a crowd of 8k.

This is the thing. Are the policing costs astronomical and therefore the club have to increase prices or have they just got a tad greedy?

You could argue that even if you chucked on an extra £50k in police costs to my guess work above then the club would still make more than they could ever have hoped from round 1 of this cup.

but to extend the point and using your guestimates on costs, 15 x 14000 = £210k - £100k which would give each club an extra £13.5k - which is an amount which I doubt could be gained from the added purchases the extra 4k support which might be achieved with £10 tickets.

So if the price has to be agreed, (at least) one of the clubs wanted the price higher than £10... so which club would have the greatest proportionate need for an extra £13.5k in light of the respective SCMP regulations for league 1 and league 2? That is why my guess is that it was the Gas which refused to match the Palace ticket price...

Fair point, this could well be the case.

The policing costs can't be compared to the Carey game though can it, wasn't that early on a Saturday and basically a friendly. This is a cup game with pride, bragging rites and something to play for, even if it isn't 3 points, and it's an evening match too which is always a bit more tasty and difficult to police.

Maybe the kids prices have been raised so not to encourage them to come, the police won't want them caught up in potential trouble?

£15 seems a fair price to me . if you are comparing it to the Palace match you have , you might what to look at Holloway's blackpool sides league cups, he will play as close to 2nd string as ppossible as premier league survial is all palace will care about.

The policing costs for the Derby will be husge the policing costs for Palace game possibly zero!

The Derby game will be a sell out (or very close to ) where as the palace game wont get 10k even with 2 for 1 offers and £10 quid tickets

If we had drawn Cheltenham (or another small team) at home first round then I'm certain prices would have been £10. Attendance would have been 3,000 tops i would have thought.

10 x 3000 = £30k - £10k (guess at match day costs) = £20k profit to split between the two clubs and football league.

Now that we've drawn Rovers, at a tenner I'd have thought it would sell-out (about 18k)

10 x 18000 = £180k - £100k (again a guess at match day and police costs) = £80k profit to share out, not forgetting £10k from sky.

I know it's only guess work but the arguments for higher prices to cover police costs doesn't appear to add up. The club will already make heaps more from JPT round 1 than they could have dreamed of!

The problem is that your guestimates are so way off the mark it is laughable.

It's all very well plucking figures from thin air to try and prove your point, but that doesn't make them in the slightest bit realistic. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if BCFC made very little, if any, profit from either of these games - which they have to take on the chin as part and parcel of the fixture list. Yes, there will be a far bigger crowd than may have been budgeted for for this JPT 1st round game, but the costs involved in staging the game will swallow up most, if not all of that revenue.

Both clubs also have to agree the ticket price and you have no idea who pitched what price to who and how much compromise was needed to set what is ultimitely a reasonable price of £15.

So as a non season ticket holder can I get a ticket in the east end?

I've no idea, but I shouldn't have thought so.

The reduced capacity in that stand should most likely mean there is enough space to house the EE STH and that's about it.

There may be a few released for general sale if any STH do not claim their seats by the date allocated, but I can't see many not taking their seats for this one!

It won't stop me going, but £15 for a televised game in the first round of the paint pot trophy is taking the Michael.

Just like Rangers - the club have seen the ££££ and thought little of the fans. No guarantee of a sell out. Why not price attractively at £10 and sell 16,000 tickets instead, and rake in the extra money through food, drink, programmes etc.

You'd have thought they would have learned their lesson from the Rangers pricing cock up, but apparently not. Even better was that it was "tested" in the live environment at a tenner and then £15 when the day comes. More sterling work from the club.

As I said, won't stop me going but more short sighted work from the club, squeezing every possible £ from the fans.

And for anyone looking to pick fault in this argument - £10 for a second round tie against a team two divisions above us or £15 for a first round tie in a nothing competition against a team one division below us. Yes, there's the extra policing costs etc, but it's still another poor pricing decision by the club. It doesn't justify a 50% hike in prices just because we're playing that bunch of gypos.

You would think for a game such as this, maximising the attendance would be prioritised above maximum profit, but there you go. Maybe I'm just naive that for once - especially given the occasion - the club would be putting fans first.

How many more times? Apologies in advance for the shouty-caps

THE CLUB HAS TO AGREE PRICES WITH THE GAS - IT IS NOT WITHIN THEIR POWER TO SET THE PRICES ALONE. For all we know the club wanted £10 a head and the Gas refused....SO WHY ARE SOME ATTACKING THE CLUB WHEN WE DON'T KNOW IF IT IS THEM?

How many more times? Apologies in advance for the shouty-caps

THE CLUB HAS TO AGREE PRICES WITH THE GAS - IT IS NOT WITHIN THEIR POWER TO SET THE PRICES ALONE. For all we know the club wanted £10 a head and the Gas refused....SO WHY ARE SOME ATTACKING THE CLUB WHEN WE DON'T KNOW IF IT IS THEM?

By that logic, if one team insists on £10 and one £15, what happens? Game called off? Someone has to have the final say.

Perhaps I'm still blinded by the memory of the Rangers con, £16 instead of £10 (Reading) because of all the extra policing, and a crap crowd as a result.

It won't stop me going, but £15 for a televised game in the first round of the paint pot trophy is taking the Michael.

Just like Rangers - the club have seen the ££££ and thought little of the fans. No guarantee of a sell out. Why not price attractively at £10 and sell 16,000 tickets instead, and rake in the extra money through food, drink, programmes etc.

You'd have thought they would have learned their lesson from the Rangers pricing cock up, but apparently not. Even better was that it was "tested" in the live environment at a tenner and then £15 when the day comes. More sterling work from the club.

As I said, won't stop me going but more short sighted work from the club, squeezing every possible £ from the fans.

And for anyone looking to pick fault in this argument - £10 for a second round tie against a team two divisions above us or £15 for a first round tie in a nothing competition against a team one division below us. Yes, there's the extra policing costs etc, but it's still another poor pricing decision by the club. It doesn't justify a 50% hike in prices just because we're playing that bunch of gypos.

You would think for a game such as this, maximising the attendance would be prioritised above maximum profit, but there you go. Maybe I'm just naive that for once - especially given the occasion - the club would be putting fans first.

Clueless.

Has anybody else tried to contact the ticket office vis the email address mentioned in the pinned post by Adam B?

ticketing@bcfc.co.uk

I have sent 2 emails to that address but keep getting "failed" notices back, stating that the address could not be found.

Any ideas????

By that logic, if one team insists on £10 and one £15, what happens? Game called off? Someone has to have the final say.

Perhaps I'm still blinded by the memory of the Rangers con, £16 instead of £10 (Reading) because of all the extra policing, and a crap crowd as a result.

In the FA Cup if teams can't agree, it goes to the FA to decide (we had this issue with Cardiff a couple of years back - see http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Bristol-City-clash-Cardiff-marred-ticket-row/story-11263704-detail/story.html#axzz2cbXGm3Ey).

I'd guess here, it'd be down to the Football League to adjudicate.

But you still find the strength to stop by and lambast those who have a differing viewpoint to your own.

becasue it is obvious that at a tenner a ticket we will make little if any money, you can' tell me that an extra £5 will stop people going?

Archived