IGNORED

R*vers Wont Sell All Their Tickets

westonred

According to their Supporters Club Chairman they would prefer to watch at home and avoid trouble

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Rovers-fans-won-t-snap-ticket-allocation-derby/story-19688422-detail/story.html

Not sure where he's got that opinion from? Speaking for himself or as the voice of the SC? Strange...

Interestly, Rovers are promoting watching the game at the Mem on the website - I'm guessing they're thinking they'll make more money that way than a cut of gate receipts from fans actually attending the game? Seems unusual to promote this before tickets actually go on sale, it's almost as if they're trying to dissaude people from going?

Would be embarrassing for them if they don't sell out.

Given it's the JPT (FIRST round!) - usually very sparsely attended across the country - but also given it's a Bristol Derby, what would a 'par' attendance be?

For a league game or Area Final of JPT I'd expect a sell-out for sure. But a first round JPT game? 13,000? Is that good or bad? I'm not sure to be honest?

Given it's the JPT (FIRST round!) - usually very sparsely attended across the country - but also given it's a Bristol Derby, what would a 'par' attendance be?

For a league game or Area Final of JPT I'd expect a sell-out for sure. But a first round JPT game? 13,000? Is that good or bad? I'm not sure to be honest?

IT'S A BRISTOL DERBY.

First Bristol Derby in a number of years, completely irrelevant that its in the JPT IMO. If you don't sell out it'd be embarrassing. We should get very close to selling out.

First Bristol Derby in a number of years, completely irrelevant that its in the JPT IMO. If you don't sell out it'd be embarrassing. We should get very close to selling out.

So anything less than a sell out is embarrassing? Does that apply to both clubs? If Rovers sell out and City don't, is that embarrassing?

Genuine question, where is the cut-off point of 'acceptable'? Nothing short of a sell-out, 17k? 15k?

BTW I agree if we can't sell 2,250 tickets across the city when demand was greater for games in Exeter and Newport (even if supply wasn't) then that would be poor!

Before we all rush to condemn the blue few for their lack of "excitement" over this tie lets wait and see what our faithful decide to do shall we

TBH I can see a lot not bothering.... I myself may not, what with the Palarse cup tie (who I would much rather watch us play than the Gash ) and a few pricey away league games coming up... money is not endless despite the bank of mum and dad

Before we all rush to condemn the blue few for their lack of "excitement" over this tie lets wait and see what our faithful decide to do shall we

TBH I can see a lot not bothering.... I myself may not, what with the Palarse cup tie (who I would much rather watch us play than the Gash ) and a few pricey away league games coming up... money is not endless despite the bank of mum and dad

Why would you rather watch us vs Palace 2nd's in a pretty empty stadium over us vs our biggest rivals?

So anything less than a sell out is embarrassing? Does that apply to both clubs? If Rovers sell out and City don't, is that embarrassing?

Genuine question, where is the cut-off point of 'acceptable'? Nothing short of a sell-out, 17k? 15k?

BTW I agree if we can't sell 2,250 tickets across the city when demand was greater for games in Exeter and Newport (even if supply wasn't) then that would be poor!

I think we should sell out. I'd be disappointed if we sold less than 16,000 home tickets.

I'd say about 15k would be acceptable, many reasons why people wouldn't wanna go imo

But we both have the same distance to travel, if you can't even sell just over 2000 tickets for your closest away game which some fans can possibly even walk to, then that is shocking.

I'm not quite sure of your point, but yes it is disappointing if neither club sells out- and I don't think they will.

In our office here there are 5 blokes who say they are Rovers or City fans (3/2 split) and 2 Gas and 0 City will be going to the game. The two of us who are going are both STH at Rovers, while the oher 3 rarely attend matches (2 or 3 times a season) . Both of the City fans here said they would go, but now intend to watch it on TV, and I am sure there are plenty more fans of both clubs who will choose to do the same.

I would fully expect Rovers to sell 2k tickets. No doubt in a league/FA Cup game there would be requests for more and more and you should have demand for about 5k for either of those ties.

I can't wait for this game and to have the Bristol Derby back, in whatever guise, but i dont think we will sell out. I said straight away that a crowd of 12k ish is likely. I hope I'm wrong and it would be a poor turnout, but that is what I am expecting.

Any fan (living in the area) who would choose to watch this game on TV rather than be at the game is not fit to call themselves a fan IMO.

Archived