IGNORED

R*vers Wont Sell All Their Tickets

westonred

I would fully expect Rovers to sell 2k tickets. No doubt in a league/FA Cup game there would be requests for more and more and you should have demand for about 5k for either of those ties.

I can't wait for this game and to have the Bristol Derby back, in whatever guise, but i dont think we will sell out. I said straight away that a crowd of 12k ish is likely. I hope I'm wrong and it would be a poor turnout, but that is what I am expecting.

Any fan (living in the area) who would choose to watch this game on TV rather than be at the game is not fit to call themselves a fan IMO.

Not sure I will go that far as I understand times are tough for some people and individuals have their own commitments etc but as a whole I can't see why people aren't well up for it - I shall be driving back considerably further than my name suggests I should be! Then again I appreciate I am relatively fortunate in that I have little in the way of financial or other commitments preventing me from making the approx 300 mile round trip for this and other home games.

Just as a side note... has a cup game (any cup) drawn as a Bristol derby sold out before? Particularly at AG, where there is the scope for a decent crowd?

The ones I can remember

FA cup late 80's- didn't sell out

League cup early 90's 2 legs - didn't sell out

JPT area final - pretty sure that didn't sell out.

JPT 3-0 win - didn't sell out

Obviously all Gloucestershire cups didn't.

Not sure I will go that far as I understand times are tough for some people and individuals have their own commitments etc but as a whole I can't see why people aren't well up for it - I shall be driving back considerably further than my name suggests I should be! Then again I appreciate I am relatively fortunate in that I have little in the way of financial or other commitments preventing me from making the approx 300 mile round trip for this and other home games.

Oh come on! This should be as big a fixture to City and Rovers fans and getting drawn against one of the prem big boys.

How many people who are making lame excuses would suddenly be able to find the money if it was switched to a game against Man Utd/Arsenal etc...?!

Just as a side note... has a cup game (any cup) drawn as a Bristol derby sold out before? Particularly at AG, where there is the scope for a decent crowd?

The ones I can remember

FA cup late 80's- didn't sell out

League cup early 90's 2 legs - didn't sell out

JPT area final - pretty sure that didn't sell out.

JPT 3-0 win - didn't sell out

Obviously all Gloucestershire cups didn't.

I think the area final did sell out 18700+ which with segregation is sell out territory.

I'm not quite sure of your point, but yes it is disappointing if neither club sells out- and I don't think they will.

In our office here there are 5 blokes who say they are Rovers or City fans (3/2 split) and 2 Gas and 0 City will be going to the game. The two of us who are going are both STH at Rovers, while the oher 3 rarely attend matches (2 or 3 times a season) . Both of the City fans here said they would go, but now intend to watch it on TV, and I am sure there are plenty more fans of both clubs who will choose to do the same.

You should have prepared a PowerPoint presentation for that survey you've just conducted. Very robust stats.

Oh come on! This should be as big a fixture to City and Rovers fans and getting drawn against one of the prem big boys.

How many people who are making lame excuses would suddenly be able to find the money if it was switched to a game against Man Utd/Arsenal etc...?!

Apologies - didn't realise you said 'would choose to' therefore implying you think those with genuine reasons not to go shouldn't be labelled as not a true fan!

i hope rovers do sell out will make for a good atmosphere, i do agree with the point that there will be some people just there to cause trouble but for the vast majority who are there to just watch the game it should be good, im certainly going first derby in ages. hope there is a big crowd and city going to win 3-1 ;)

I think it embarrassing if either club fail to approach capacity/allocation. If it weren't on sky I would suggest it should sell out. Anything less would just illustrate how shite bristol is when it comes to football.

Rovers should sell 2000 if they are anywhere near as big as they think they are. We should sell 15000 if we are anywhere near as big as we think we are...

JPT or not as many have said its a Bristol Derby, the first meaningful/competitive one in 6 or so years!!

Anything less that 17/18k would be a major disappointment.

A lot of fans on here have stated they've never been to a Bristol derby before for whatever reason and they should be able to experience a proper derby, full of atmosphere, colour and pride!

That 3-2 game at AG when they scored in the first minute was one of the best atmospheres I've witnessed - back when AG was a fortress I suppose!

JPT or not as many have said its a Bristol Derby, the first meaningful/competitive one in 6 or so years!!

A lot of fans on here have stated they've never been to a Bristol derby before for whatever reason and they should be able to experience a proper derby, full of atmosphere, colour and pride!

That 3-2 game at AG when they scored in the first minute was one of the best atmospheres I've witnessed - back when AG was a fortress I suppose!

agree if we dont get near a full house it will be very embarrassing and disappointing, its the first proper meeting between the two clubs for 6 years if that doesnt get city fans and rovers fans excited then maybe football isnt for them, hopefully it being on tv doesnt affect the attendance too much.

Exactly. I don't even acknowledge the cup title, or the round. It's rovers for the first time in years and it's not a friendly. That's all we need to know. **** sky. You can't beat being there. Derbies are poo in 2d. It's all about the passion and the atmosphere. You can't smell that nasty gas through the tv screen to get the senses going.

So get your pathetic, fickle, lazy butts down the gate!!

Also worth remembering the best part of 10,000 was sold last year for a friendly, which is also happened to be a testimonial for one of our players (that may have knocked a few off the rovers support).

Exactly, we got 9,000 in for a testimonial against them... Of course this will sell out. If it doesn't it's pure embarrassment on both parts.

One of the best games and atmospheres I have witnessed but at that time AG was certainly not a fortress. The atmosphere in our league one days was dire.

If anyone thinks watching a Bristol derby on TV compares to being there then they need their head checked cos it is unbeatable. All day you feel a sense of excitement mixed with nervousness, you walk down to the ground and the tension builds, you don't want to lose face, you want to go into work the next morning being able to laugh at them. You get into the ground and hear that cringeworthy Irene song, it makes you want to sing your hearts out, it's time to prove who is the best team in Bristol and who can create the best atmosphere, it makes you feel sick seeing them pikeys in our east end, the game kicks off, everytime their players have the ball it makes you wanna boo, when the ball hits the back of the net for a City goal it is an unbelievable feeling, you can almost hear the crying coming from the away end. A competitive Bristol derby is not to be missed. It is up there with some of the best. TV just shows the match, it doesn't convey the energy of the stadium, the excitement, the passion. It just doesn't compare.

Archived