IGNORED

R*vers Wont Sell All Their Tickets

westonred

One of the best games and atmospheres I have witnessed but at that time AG was certainly not a fortress. The atmosphere in our league one days was dire.

If anyone thinks watching a Bristol derby on TV compares to being there then they need their head checked cos it is unbeatable. All day you feel a sense of excitement mixed with nervousness, you walk down to the ground and the tension builds, you don't want to lose face, you want to go into work the next morning being able to laugh at them. You get into the ground and hear that cringeworthy Irene song, it makes you want to sing your hearts out, it's time to prove who is the best team in Bristol and who can create the best atmosphere, it makes you feel sick seeing them pikeys in our east end, the game kicks off, everytime their players have the ball it makes you wanna boo, when the ball hits the back of the net for a City goal it is an unbelievable feeling, you can almost hear the crying coming from the away end. A competitive Bristol derby is not to be missed. It is up there with some of the best. TV just shows the match, it doesn't convey the energy of the stadium, the excitement, the passion. It just doesn't compare.

This is how I feel for the game. Can't wait for it

Rovers have said 'in the region of 1,000' tickets were sold on Day 1, with a home match to come on Saturday (when I would imagine lots of fans would buy their ticket) and on sale to Priority 1 members only until Tuesday (before Priority 2 then General sale) I would be surprised if we didn't sell out of the initial 2,250 at least

Rovers have said 'in the region of 1,000' tickets were sold on Day 1, with a home match to come on Saturday (when I would imagine lots of fans would buy their ticket) and on sale to Priority 1 members only until Tuesday (before Priority 2 then General sale) I would be surprised if we didn't sell out of the initial 2,250 at least

Buying tickets and actually attending are 2 different situations altogether.

Rumours are the tunnels are flooded.....how are the gypsies going to get to Bs3 now?.

There certainly seems to be alot of excuses from the saggies as to why they won't come to BS3. Is being an away fan at City really that bad?

I've been to loads of derbies over the years at the Mem, Trumpton, Eastville, CCS and Ninian and managed to stay out of trouble. Are the sags just making excuses or is it really as dangerous as some of them are making out?

There certainly seems to be alot of excuses from the saggies as to why they won't come to BS3. Is being an away fan at City really that bad?

I've been to loads of derbies over the years at the Mem, Trumpton, Eastville, CCS and Ninian and managed to stay out of trouble. Are the sags just making excuses or is it really as dangerous as some of them are making out?

In my day....YES !

In my day....YES !

I know it used to bad KM, I was at most of the games, home and away, since the late 70's. As a City fan it was always relatively easy to stay out of trouble but a few sags seem genuinely worried about coming to the Gate. As home fans, we may not notice how bad the Gate was / is but I am genuinely surprised at the sags statements about how worried they are, especially nowadays. I'm certainly not naive enough to think it would be trouble free but they're making out it's going to be a bleedin' war zone!

I was at the Mem to pick up my ticket this morning, wouldnt miss it for the world.

However, it is a pretty horrible trip as a Rovers supporter. Nowhere to drink and just plain hostile. Tbe corner by the Williams can be awkward aswell.

Bad enough for some to fear for their own safety though? I can't see it TBH. It ain't the Den!

Bad enough for some to fear for their own safety though? I can't see it TBH. It ain't the Den!

Not sure it is AG that is the problem. I've seen a few ambushes in the past near the ground. Just think you need your wits about you.

It aint pleasant. Ive seen a few people just get a random smack walking to your place. im big enough and ugly enough to still be able to keep out of trouble and run!

Ive been to over 50 different FL league grounds/clubs with Rovers and can honestly say that City away is the most awkward to negotiate.

Just my opinion of course.

It aint pleasant. Ive seen a few people just get a random smack walking to your place. im big enough and ugly enough to still be able to keep out of trouble and run!

Ive been to over 50 different FL league grounds/clubs with Rovers and can honestly say that City away is the most awkward to negotiate.

Good. Just how it should be for a derby.

Fair comment saggie. Hardly as bad as some are making out then.

I was at the Mem to pick up my ticket this morning, wouldnt miss it for the world.

However, it is a pretty horrible trip as a Rovers supporter. Nowhere to drink and just plain hostile. Tbe corner by the Williams can be awkward aswell.

To be fair AG is normally fairly safe for away fans but the gas always brings out 100s of South Bristol's nutters who probably won't be seen at AG again all season. i would not fancy travelling from the north Bristol slums to AG on a dark night

It certainly can be, over the years I have seen some ******* taking random pops at Rovers fans who don't look the sort to fight back ( and yes we have fans who would do a similar thing) However, you are generally pretty safe near a football ground these days, there will be plenty of police about, and the only way I can see there being a problem is if they keep us in after for any period of time, IMO it makes much more sense to let everyone out together and the crowds 'merge' a lot more.

I'm getting ridiculously excited about this game now, plenty of City fans bigging up their chances (as they did in 2007), and as long as we don't end up on the wrong side of a 4+ thrashing (which is possible) I don't think we have a lot to lose.

I'm going for 89 minutes of City totally dominating the game until a giant hoof out of defence by Gary Kenneth hits the ref on the back of the head sending the ball in a massive loop over your keeper ( whose name escapes me- I assume it's not still Ray Cashley though) and the ball ends up nestling in the back of the East End net.

Admit it, that scenario has been nagging away in the back of your minds since the draw was made :)

I know it used to bad KM, I was at most of the games, home and away, since the late 70's. As a City fan it was always relatively easy to stay out of trouble but a few sags seem genuinely worried about coming to the Gate. As home fans, we may not notice how bad the Gate was / is but I am genuinely surprised at the sags statements about how worried they are, especially nowadays. I'm certainly not naive enough to think it would be trouble free but they're making out it's going to be a bleedin' war zone!

I don't think it helped when women and children - and it was women and children- got attacked after the game in the East End on the day of the late Beadle equaliser, but I would like to think that sort of thing would never be seen again, as I'm sure most City fans (even those who are often a bit partial to such things) would think too.

From experiences I've seen sag heads walk along Ashton road with no trouble, however it's when they have been all mouthy that I have seen trouble. So maybe if they kept their mouths shut then they wouldn't be so afraid.

Why should anyone shut up? I don't wear colours so don't stand out but I know plenty of City fans, who have shouted out to me around Ashton on derby day, pretty good natured stuff, but why the **** should I not give some back?

I don't think it helped when women and children - and it was women and children- got attacked after the game in the East End on the day of the late Beadle equaliser, but I would like to think that sort of thing would never be seen again, as I'm sure most City fans (even those who are often a bit partial to such things) would think too.

Agreed 100%....GPS was playing up on the day

Why should anyone shut up? I don't wear colours so don't stand out but I know plenty of City fans, who have shouted out to me around Ashton on derby day, pretty good natured stuff, but why the **** should I not give some back?

Because you will more than likely get smacked. Keep your mouth shut head down and no problems.

I'm sorry, but it is far more frequent that you hear of Rovers fans picking off away fans around the Gloucester road area on a match day that you hear of it happening to away fans around Ashton Gate. Of course, unfortunately it happens at both and at most grounds around the country, but for the sags to be pleading innocence and bewilderment, despite generally being regarded nationally as a bunch of gobshites with a chip on their shoulder... It's all a bit rich coming from them.

Archived