IGNORED

R*vers Wont Sell All Their Tickets

westonred

Because you will more than likely get smacked. Keep your mouth shut head down and no problems.

You mean like every supporter and every ground across the country, week in, week out..?!

That's the way of the world, it's just that the sags like a moan.

Because you will more than likely get smacked. Keep your mouth shut head down and no problems.

Well I wont be walking down the road singing 'Irene', but if someone says something to me I will say something back , and if someone smacks me, they will get one back. Generally speaking (although not always) anyone starting on random people outside a ground are normally just mouthy ******s anyway.

I'm sorry, but it is far more frequent that you hear of Rovers fans picking off away fans around the Gloucester road area on a match day that you hear of it happening to away fans around Ashton Gate. Of course, unfortunately it happens at both and at most grounds around the country, but for the sags to be pleading innocence and bewilderment, despite generally being regarded nationally as a bunch of gobshites with a chip on their shoulder... It's all a bit rich coming from them.

Who is pleading innocence- I said in my posts that we have fans who do the same. A Bristol derby will just attract a few extra City fans who will that's all, Ashton Gate is considered to be a good place for away fans for 'normal' games.

Well I wont be walking down the road singing 'Irene', but if someone says something to me I will say something back , and if someone smacks me, they will get one back. Generally speaking (although not always) anyone starting on random people outside a ground are normally just mouthy ******s anyway.

Please carry a copy of the times under you right arm, and a red rose in your lapel.....

Infact, while I'm on the subject, sags are a breed unto themselves when it comes to playing the self righteous, hollier than thou card.

At last seasons friendly, I left the pub at about 10 mins before kick off, as usual. On Ashton road were a group of sags giving it large, albeit good natured enough. Further down Ashton road, outside the dolman entrance and behind the safety of police, their "banter" became more aggressive until city retaliated and charged at them, through the police and there you had the famous sight of sags running away across the park, moaning and whining and staying their case that they were being bullied.

Put up or shut up. End of.

ive been to both home games this season bradford and wolves,both have been walking about shirts on etc...no sign of trouble,its not as bad as years gone by.theres lots of youngsters with there dads and long may it continue,to many cameras nowadays.if the sags look for it they will get it but i cant see there being any trouble :city: unless we loose ;)

steady rocky :boxing: steady!

:laugh: yes okay fair enough, but surely anyone who gets hit should hit back. Anyway, if we do win I will be taking the tunnel route home :)

If you don't want to be spotted as a sag, make your way down to the area a bit earlier. In south Bristol you can purchase gloves with 5 fingers per hand. No, seriously, you can! Squeeze two of your stubby little didgets into one of the fingers and hey presto, everyone will think you are normal. You can then make your way unnoticed to the away end before removing the gloves, high Sixing your fellow sags and drowning out the incestuous mating call that is "Irene", together with your fellow Mongs.

Enjoy the evening.

Look at the hard man over here. FAns like you at The scum of football, happily going to football willing to hit people.

If you don't want to be spotted as a sag, make your way down to the area a bit earlier. In south Bristol you can purchase gloves with 5 fingers per hand. No, seriously, you can! Squeeze two of your stubby little didgets into one of the fingers and hey presto, everyone will think you are normal. You can then make your way unnoticed to the away end before removing the gloves, high Sixing your fellow sags and drowning out the incestuous mating call that is "Irene", together with your fellow Mongs.

Enjoy the evening.

That my friend quality, take a bow

It's a derby at OUR ground. It's supposed to be hostile WTGR to our sag visitors to our little forum!

As a City fan, I've never really seen the Gate as a nasty place to visit but I'm a home supporter. I'm actually glad you lot don't like coming to our place TBH, that's how it should be, as long as you manage to get home afterwards.

In all honesty, if any visiting fan is daft enough to shout their mouth off at a derby game, they're pretty stupid as they are undoubtedly going to get a smack in the mouth aren't they?

CTID

It's a derby at OUR ground. It's supposed to be hostile WTGR to our sag visitors to our little forum!

As a City fan, I've never really seen the Gate as a nasty place to visit but I'm a home supporter. I'm actually glad you lot don't like coming to our place TBH, that's how it should be, as long as you manage to get home afterwards.

In all honesty, if any visiting fan is daft enough to shout their mouth off at a derby game, they're pretty stupid as they are undoubtedly going to get a smack in the mouth aren't they?

CTID

Why??

Look at the hard man over here. FAns like you at The scum of football, happily going to football willing to hit people.

Are you serious? Do you think if someone gets hit for no reason than who they support they shouldn't hit back? Each to their own I suppose, although I assume you just misread my post.

CTID

I don't think walking along the street singing Irene is advisable, but neither do I think Rovers finds should have to hide the fact they are Rovers fans. Actually inside the stadium in a derby game I think the home fans should create a hostile atmosphere as possible.

Enjoy the evening.

In my part of South Bristol gloves have 6 fingers per hand! :whistle2:

Are you serious? Do you think if someone gets hit for no reason than who they support they shouldn't hit back? Each to their own I suppose, although I assume you just misread my post.

No I didn't, haven't you ever heard turn the other cheek?

Can just go around hitting everyone all the time, just because they hit you.

Someone hits you, you don't react, that's the end of it.

Someone hits you, you hit them back, their mates join in, your mates joins in, before you know it there's a full blown scrap going on.

No I didn't, haven't you ever heard turn the other cheek?

Can just go around hitting everyone all the time, just because they hit you.

Someone hits you, you don't react, that's the end of it.

Someone hits you, you hit them back, their mates join in, your mates joins in, before you know it there's a full blown scrap going on.

I admire the sentiment, and good for you if you are able to do that, but we will have to agree to differ, bullies (because thats all they are) need standing up to.

Why??

I'm not saying it's right Ned but think it would be sensible not to do it. While I don't condone it, I wouldn't be advertising myself as an away supporter at a Bristol derby. There are plenty of people who may want to administer punches to our visitors, I'm not one of them but know there are plenty that would.

I don't think walking along the street singing Irene is advisable, but neither do I think Rovers finds should have to hide the fact they are Rovers fans. Actually inside the stadium in a derby game I think the home fans should create a hostile atmosphere as possible.

I think you've answered your own question tbh but I wouldn't be walking around BS3 at 10pm openly displaying a rovers shirt for the reasons already mentioned. There are plenty, on both sides, who may be looking for trouble and openly displaying the fact you're rovers MAY attract unwanted attention I guess.

I've never seen any Rovers fans started on simply for walking down the street with a Rovers shirt on, most of the times its just friendly banter.

The trouble occurs when you sags come on to our patch and give it the big un, I don't condone it but surely it's to be expected if mouthing it off?

I live 5 mind drive away from the memorial GROUND, so quite local however every time I have attended I have had to mix with home fans to and from the ground, I keep my mouth shut and just wonder off into the away end where I can sing and shout as much as I like, following the end of the game I simply keep my mouth shut and filter off into the night.

Trouble only occurs if you go looking for it

Archived