IGNORED

Talk Sport - Colin Murray

Robbored

Not all of it. Various presenters have different guests and they are often very entertaining. Neil Warnock has been on recently and came over very well. Danny Murphy is also worth listening to as is Colleymore..

come on! neil warnock is a total prat,i'v never known anybody like the sound of there own voice as much as warnock dose.

come on! neil warnock is a total prat,i'v never known anybody like the sound of there own voice as much as warnock dose.

Did you hear him?

He was very articulate and thought provoking. Very different to his post match rants when he was managing.

Did you hear him?

He was very articulate and thought provoking. Very different to his post match rants when he was managing.

Bang on, have been pleasantly surprised at Colin - presume he has 'retired', so not playing it safe and looking for another job, so can / will say what he wants. Also enjoy Brian Moore when he's with AB too

Bang on, have been pleasantly surprised at Colin - presume he has 'retired', so not playing it safe and looking for another job, so can / will say what he wants. Also enjoy Brian Moore when he's with AB too

Moore is a great shout Woodsy. I'm a fan of his 6n commentary anyway but I think he's excellent on talkshite, even though I don't always agree with what he says

I do see how Murray could rub some people up the wrong way, but I think he is brilliant. His shows on 5Live, in particular Fighting Talk, were excellent and I also thought he did a good job on MOTD2.

I haven't managed to hear any of his shows on TalkSport yet, but as others have said if it is anywhere near as good as Hawksbee and Jacobs he will be doing well. On the other hand, apart from a few exceptions, the vast majority of every other show on TalkSport needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. A lot of the time they look to do nothing more than appeal to the lowest common denominator. Parry in small doses can be reasonably entertaining as long as you don't take him seriously, but I struggle to see how someone can think Murray is an 'idiot' while wanting Parry back.

How Cricket can produce so many players that go on to be excellent broadcasters and yet TalkSport end up with the brainless Irani and Gough is beyond belief.

Moore is a great shout Woodsy. I'm a fan of his 6n commentary anyway but I think he's excellent on talkshite, even though I don't always agree with what he says

An incredibly intelligent bloke is Moore, and about as English as they come. I can see why people of other nationalities wouldn't agree with him

He's from the Keith Wood school, considered, intelligent, knowledgeable and easy to listen to, even if you disagree rather than than the Jonathan Davies / Jeremy Guscott I'm going to talk shit school of thinking. Do Welsh people like JD? I can't stand Guscott, but that may have something to do with his club career....!

An incredibly intelligent bloke is Moore, and about as English as they come. I can see why people of other nationalities wouldn't agree with him

He's from the Keith Wood school, considered, intelligent, knowledgeable and easy to listen to, even if you disagree rather than than the Jonathan Davies / Jeremy Guscott I'm going to talk shit school of thinking. Do Welsh people like JD? I can't stand Guscott, but that may have something to do with his club career....!

I've played golf with Guscott and he's actually a nice bloke (certainly was when I've been in his company). He wasn't very pleased when we took the piss as he smacked one into the trees off the 4th tee at Lansdown though. All the years he played for England and I never realised he was left handed.

I've played golf with Guscott and he's actually a nice bloke (certainly was when I've been in his company). He wasn't very pleased when we took the piss as he smacked one into the trees off the 4th tee at Lansdown though. All the years he played for England and I never realised he was left handed.

Met him once socially, complete ****, as I expected

A mate of mine met him another time, another big Gloucester fan, expecting to hate the bloke - loved him!

Glad you took the piss!

Met him once socially, complete ****, as I expected

A mate of mine met him another time, another big Gloucester fan, expecting to hate the bloke - loved him!

Glad you took the piss!

Part of the game Woodsy. He got his own back later in the round when I had to play 5 off the tee after smacking 2 balls out of bounds on a par 5. :grr:

No fan of Guscott or Davies on tv but never met either. In my experience (I lived in Swansea for 3 years) Davies isn't particularly disliked in Wales. Inverdale gets on my nerves a bit too but the rugby coverage is mostly good on the BBC.

Getting back to talkshite, is Durham the bloke who is on with Goughie?

That's the fella. Complete gobshite - how their show is still on air I've got no idea. I do love The Daily Arsenal though!

Yeah Moore is a class act, controversial at times but being a lawyer he backs up his views with some terrific points. He's always good value. Ray Hougton is another knowledgable pundit who says it as it is.

Back to Murray, he just tries too hard to be funny and I find that irritating to listen to.

Talksport keep saying their figures are rising but I reckon thats bull.

Listening figures had to be down because nobody liked Irani who just love to say the obvious, repeat what was said to him and try taking the moral high ground

Keys and Gray was a borefest but Talksport bosses made it that way. No phone calls whatsoever and it became to familiar.

The bosses have killed what was once a great radio station. One example is Hawksbee and Jacobs. Its a shadow of a show compared to what it used to be. They were forced to drop a lot of funny stuff ie The Birthday Spread. Crap jokes by Andy but funny as hell.

As for Mike Parry he became a parody of himself. Now stick him back with Alan Brazil with his nutty ideas and Brazil constantly taking the piss out of him and youve got a cracking breakfast show once more just like the good old days

Oh snd for the record Colin Murrays show is boring

The good and great of talksport IMO

1. Mike Parry (Legend)
  2. Hawksbee & Jacobs (pure class)
  3. Alan Brazil (Legend)
  4. The Press Pass (Decent discussion)
  5. Ian Danter (Good solid media pro)

The utter carp

1. Jon Gaunt (100%Egotistical idiot)
  2. Bobby Gould (senile)
  3. Andy Goldstein (trys too hard)
  4. Ronnie Irani (trys too hard)