IGNORED

Best Thing About Last Nights Performance....

spudski

.... For me.... was Elliot Parish's performance.

And i'm really glad SoD has mentioned it in his post match interview.

I really do hope he plays him again Saturday.

He commanded his area well, and was constantly organising and talking to the defence in front of him. I believe this is what we have been missing. Our defence looked a lot more assured last night and I believe Parish had a lot to do with that.

His Distribution was good too... actually looking to find a player. He caught well and was agile.

No offence to Fielding... but he gives me the jitters. I understand SoD likes Fieldings Distribution... however Fielding for me, is not as Commanding as Parish and tends to Flap instead of being composed. I'm not a fan of his constant punching of the ball either.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Glowing report for a goalkeeper that had very little to do. In fact I think he made one save all game. He did the basics well enough I suppose but then he is a professional.

Glowing report for a goalkeeper that had very little to do. In fact I think he made one save all game. He did the basics well enough I suppose but then he is a professional.

No disrespect to yourself... But I really don't understand some peoples understanding of football on here.

When you say... 'Had very little to do'... That has to be the dimmest view of a G'king position.

Do you think they just stand their waiting for shots to rain in?

Yes... He didn't have to make many 'Saves'... but he was immense throughout the rest of the game, for all the reasons I've mentioned in previous posts. Gk'ing is so much more than 'Shot stopping'.

It's the 'basics' as you put it, that are of most importance.

No disrespect to yourself... But I really don't understand some peoples understanding of football on here.

When you say... 'Had very little to do'... That has to be the dimmest view of a G'king position.

Yes... He didn't have to make many 'Saves'... but he was immense throughout the rest of the game, for all the reasons I've mentioned in previous posts. Gk'ing is so much more than 'Shot stopping'.

To say he was immense is completely ott.

Laughable.

To say he was immense is completely ott.

Laughable.

Well we obviously watch football through different eye's. We'll have to agree to disagree.

I often disagree with many of your posts... Nothing personal... each to their own.

Your own statement of ' Palarse treated the game nothing more than a training ground friendly.....won't find another side like that all season'... has to be the most laughable post in this thread... imho.

Yes they didn't play there first team... which considering the games coming up in the Prem, is understandable.

However... the players that played all had a point to prove, and 49% possession suggests otherwise.

As was Holloways and Millens frustrations on the sideline.

Out of Interest, do you mind me asking which part of the ground you watch the games from? From the EE?

My point being is that being a professional goalkeeper he must have an above average grasp of the basics. It's his job!

He didn't have many balls into the box or crosses to deal with last night. Palace were pretty toothless going forward. I'm not saying he's a crap keeper but I saying that he didnt have enough pressure on him last night to impress.

Well we obviously watch football through different eye's. We'll have to agree to disagree.

I often disagree with many of your posts... Nothing personal... each to their own.

Your own statement of ' Palarse treated the game nothing more than a training ground friendly.....won't find another side like that all season'... has to be the most laughable post in this thread... imho.

Yes they didn't play there first team... which considering the games coming up in the Prem, is understandable.

However... the players that played all had a point to prove, and 49% possession suggests otherwise.

As was Holloways and Millens frustrations on the sideline.

Out of Interest, do you mind me asking which part of the ground you watch the games from? From the EE?

Go on their forum....some of those players were from the youth side and others 3rd or 4th choice....it was a dogshit side that Hollowhead made clear didn't give a shit about (fixture)

No other team that we play will treat the fixture with such contempt. If u think otherwise ur deluded.

I sit in EE or dolman I go to both depending.

I'd have Fielding back for Saturday. He was poor against Bradford but at MK Dons he made a cracking save to earn us a point and did well so hopefully that first game was a blip.

Parish did OK but didn't really see enough of him making saves to know if he is any good yet.

As someone else mentioned, would be good to see Parish play in the JPT next week as that will be a real pressure game to judge him on.

r

Go on their forum....some of those players were from the youth side and others 3rd or 4th choice....it was a dogshit side that Hollowhead made clear didn't give a shit about (fixture)

No other team that we play will treat the fixture with such contempt. If u think otherwise ur deluded.

I sit in EE or dolman I go to both depending.

I have read parts of their forum. That means Jack tbh, as most forums are full of twaddle... I'd much rather judge with my own eye's.

The majority of the CP team were 'Squad' players. There were also players that at one point or other will play in or have played in the Prem this year or in their Promotion winning side last year. If you think the likes of Kevin Phillips are rubbish, and to a lesser degree Ramage, Dobbie, Wibrahim, Grandin then you my friend are the deluded one.

The young player Williams also put in a tremendous shift... to say they weren't bothered is laughable.

As a 'team' they just didn't gel on the night... but there was plenty of experience out their to test our young side.

Holloway may have not been bothered about the fixture or result... but certainly the players on the pitch were.

If you think they were such a 'dogshit' side as you so eloquently put it, then you should have more concerns over our own team, as we only had 51% possession against a team you think were awful.

As for Bryan and Reid... as someone else mentioned. I already know their capabilities so it wasn't of so much concern, however great their performance was.

For me... Parish's performance was what made me happy, because I've not been impressed with Fielding since he's been here.

Yes... he's a 'shot stopper'... it's the rest of his game that worries me.

Mate... it's not about what the opposition did last night or FF's mistake against Bradford.

Parish showed all the other qualities that have been missing from FF's game.

Organising the defence, Confidence, composed, vocal, assured, assertive, good safe hands, agile, intelligent and accurate distribution.

Fielding is definitely 'a shot stopper' but imho, he lacks the other qualities that Parish showed last night.

All those qualities make the defence and rest of the team feel confident.

When Palace scored, it was because our midfield dropped too deep pushing our defence back even further.

You could see Palace were going to score because of this.

City have been guilty of doing this toward the end of games... tbh... a lot of our midfield looked knackered in the last 15/10 mins... It's a bit of a worry and a fault of ours.

However... Parish was constantly shouting for our midfield and defence to defend further up and not to sit back and and let them come at us. As too was SoD... I should imagine SoD gave them a right bollocking for this after the game.

It does bother me that the biggest culprit of coming too deep and dragging players with him, is Pack. Quality player, but has a habit of coming too deep and creating room for himself. Just an observation....

This is not about the Bradford mistake.

Thanks Spudski this i can read

Ramage and Wilbrahim are rubbish....the reason they are still there is because clubs aren't stupid enough to sign them....

So two players who played lots in last years promotion winning team are rubbish?

One winning promotion twice in three years with Palace and Norwich... and both offered new contracts!

No worries mate... I can clearly see you know nothing about football if you think they are rubbish and wouldn't give our young team something to think about.

Like I said... we'll have to agree to disagree :-)

It was the 1st match i've been down due to work, But I thought we were excellent. The way we was quick football (Like Arsenal) Palace couldn't cope. As for JET he is something else the skill this bloke has is unreal, The was he took the ball in corner at one point and turned 2 Palace defenders was special! I for one before didn't rate Bryan but he looks a great player he runs for youngster is 2nd to none. 1st time I seen Bobby Reid last night and he was brilliant reminds me of a young Tommy Doc! I thought Jet was man of the match but It was a toss up between them too. As for Parish after last nights performance id be shocked if he didn't start Saturday, We haven't really been confident with our keepers in the years (except James to an extent) I know it was his 1st app but he looked confident and the defence was always passing back to him knowing he wouldn't flap or rush things. As for Palace I thought Dobbie was there best player he looked good. Also another funny thing was seeing a certain Millen up and down shouting on the edge of the box etc he didn't do that once for us? he stood there with his pose. Brilliant CITY last night we looked proper bring on Arsenal at home in the cup!

So two players who played lots in last years promotion winning team are rubbish?

One winning promotion twice in three years with Palace and Norwich... and both offered new contracts!

No worries mate... I can clearly see you know nothing about football if you think they are rubbish and wouldn't give our young team something to think about.

Like I said... we'll have to agree to disagree :-)

Your right, Aaron Wilbrahim is a class act, I guess his 1 goal in his last 45 games highlights that.

Absolutely clueless. But I guess you know more than the palace fans who rate him as one of their worst players EVER.

P. s Don't lie to back arguments up, it's embarrassing and unnecessary, Wilbraham was never offered a new deal he signed on a 2 year contract. I appreciate you clearly know **** all but don't make rubbish up.

Your right, Aaron Wilbrahim is a class act, I guess his 1 goal in his last 45 games highlights that.

Absolutely clueless. But I guess you know more than the palace fans who rate him as one of their worst players EVER.

P. s Don't lie to back arguments up, it's embarrassing and unnecessary, Wilbraham was never offered a new deal he signed on a 2 year contract. I appreciate you clearly know **** all but don't make rubbish up.

What the hell are you on about. He signed a two year contract last summer. It hasn't ended yet. So nothing has been made up.

What fans think is irrelevant. His manager has offered him that 2 years and as a 33 year old that's not a bad deal.

I never said he was a class act either...However he has years of experience at many levels.

Enough to test our young team.

You seem clueless and Clutching at straws.

Either that or you don't understand.

I'm not going to have a slanging match with you on here... but calling someone a liar is out of order.

Clearly you watch from the EE and you did last night.

What the hell are you on about. He signed a two year contract last summer. It hasn't ended yet. So nothing has been made up.

What fans think is irrelevant. His manager has offered him that 2 years and as a 33 year old that's not a bad deal.

I never said he was a class act either...However he has years of experience at many levels.

Enough to test our young team.

You seem clueless and Clutching at straws.

Either that or you don't understand.

I'm not going to have a slanging match with you on here... but calling someone a liar is out of order.

Clearly you watch from the EE and you did last night.

So one minute he was offered a new contract and the next he was offered an initial contract....make ur min up.... Well your either a liar or just completely deluded.....probably the later.

As for your mate wilbraham, try and find a palace fan who rates him, or for that matter a Norwich fan....the fact is they don't, he is crap....there is no other way to describe him.

He will leave on a free at the end of his contract, and end up at a northern monkey club in league 1 or league 2, because that's his level......(and before you say "but he is a prem striker", the reason for this is that they can't get rid of him u numpty!!!)

So one minute he was offered a new contract and the next he was offered an initial contract....make ur min up.... Well your either a liar or just completely deluded.....probably the later.

As for your mate wilbraham, try and find a palace fan who rates him, or for that matter a Norwich fan....the fact is they don't, he is crap....there is no other way to describe him.

He will leave on a free at the end of his contract, and end up at a northern monkey club in league 1 or league 2, because that's his level......(and before you say "but he is a prem striker", the reason for this is that they can't get rid of him u numpty!!!)

What do you mean... 'they can't get rid of him?' They gave him a two year contract last year. :grr:

And you are right... he probably will leave when his contract is up. But what has that got to do with this conversation and what I have implied about him and others in Palace team?

I'm not going to lower myself to your level of name calling... 'Liar and Numpty'... you've shown your true colours by not being able to have a debate with a fellow City fan without being churlish. :facepalm:

You've also been asked 3 times where you watched your football from last night... which you won't answer and makes a difference to a viewing perspective. :chant6ez:

And from other posts in this thread, it seems others feel the same way about your views... mine aren't perfect... but at least i'm willing to listen to other fellow City fans and debate... without name calling. It's like a playground on here sometimes. :pacifier:

Like I've said on numerous occasions... we can agree to disagree.

Archived