IGNORED

Derby Policing

TheRedHalf

I'm sure that most of you have seen the zero tolerance policing article in the evening post today and I just thought I would make a quick thread to inform anyone that is attending the game tomorrow a few extra things which were not mentioned in that article. Firstly, all of the police out tomorrow have been given the power by the magistrates court to shut down any pub at any time they wish to. Secondly, any fan seen to be causing any sort of issues will be put straight into a van and given an instant 3 year ban, no questions asked, this has also already been agreed with the magistrates court. I have also been informed that there will be a very large number of police out tomorrow night in civilian clothing, around the grounds, in the pubs and they also have a number of tickets in the dolman and east end. So tomorrow night I suggest that all of you are on your best behavior (I know that this only applies to a small number of 'fans'). Here's hoping for a famous city win!

you could probably spot a old bill in the EE because they won't go as mad as the real fans, also got a link to this?

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Police-warning-smoke-flares-Bristol-derby/story-19744937-detail/story.html#axzz2dqfsiiQC here is one of the articles, there was a second but I cant find it now and the information from my original post came from a friend in the force.

They seem to be taking a leaf out of the Hedlu's " policing at football matches " book, look out for camera's on poles ( not the imported type ) and also provocation by the bill, which will be unrecorded untill you react, then you are guaranteed a front page slot in the evil post....Guys seriously lets try to make this one a night to remember for all the right reasons,

I'm sure that most of you have seen the zero tolerance policing article in the evening post today and I just thought I would make a quick thread to inform anyone that is attending the game tomorrow a few extra things which were not mentioned in that article. Firstly, all of the police out tomorrow have been given the power by the magistrates court to shut down any pub at any time they wish to. Secondly, any fan seen to be causing any sort of issues will be put straight into a van and given an instant 3 year ban, no questions asked, this has also already been agreed with the magistrates court. I have also been informed that there will be a very large number of police out tomorrow night in civilian clothing, around the grounds, in the pubs and they also have a number of tickets in the dolman and east end. So tomorrow night I suggest that all of you are on your best behavior (I know that this only applies to a small number of 'fans'). Here's hoping for a famous city win!

I'm calling bollocks on the "instant 3 year ban" part.

I'm guessing its down ti discretion, but at what point does boisterous behaviour cross the line into arrest territory?

Asking for a friend....

Reminds me of Gore Vidal "you have complete freedom of speech in the USA - right up to the point when you open your mouth"

The Heddlu will make the required quota of arrests regardless of how fans behave - just don't look at one funny or go down the Gate with an offensive wife.

I'm guessing its down ti discretion, but at what point does boisterous behaviour cross the line into arrest territory?

Asking for a friend....

Tell your friend...

It's pot luck.

Police recruit from all walks of life. The decent bloke, the corrupt, the gung ho.

So there is a level of discretion, but it'd be a bad idea to demonstrate anything that could get you into bother because some will jump on you given the chance.

I was pretty tolerant when I did football matches, but others aren't. So it's an impossible question I'm afraid.

Is that right officer?

I'm calling bollocks on the "instant 3 year ban" part.

Definitely, there's no legal basis for that whatsoever.

I also doubt a magistrate is empowered to grant authority for instantly shutting pubs on a whim either. The police already have what powers they need there.

Hang on, if I read this correctly, you are saying that a magistrate has decided to change someone's legal right to a fair trial as they are adopting a 'no questions asked' approach to justice?

I think you'll find you're talking out of your bottom.

Definitely, there's no legal basis for that whatsoever.

I also doubt a magistrate is empowered to grant authority for instantly shutting pubs on a whim either. The police already have what powers they need there.

They do. They closed my regular pub when the PRSC children were vandalising Tescos.

I'm sure that the intentions of your post are genuine and meant well, but I would have to clarify that, firstly, the police ALWAYS have the power to close ANY pub at anytime they wish.

Any fan causing any issues will usually be put straight into a police van at ANY fixture. NOBODY will be given an "instant 3 year ban" as this would be decided by the courts on metit of the offence and would have to be applied for, case by case, by the Avon & Somerset police.

No doubt there will be a big police attendance and no doubt that their will be plain clothes offices in the crowd - as with ANY big fixture/event/gathering.

Agree with hoping for a famous City win!

A number of arrests will occur tomorrow, it's pretty much a certainty.

Not all will be justified, but I expect most will.

I remember Leeds two seasons back in the EE, the whole stand starting singing 'You dirty northern bastards', Next thing I know I've been nicked, for singing with the whole stand.. logic. Apparently I was warned earlier in the game (which I wasn't). Probably didn't help that the officer was Scottish, still felt unfairly targeted though.

I was given a caution in the end, first time I had ever been in a cell, albeit only for half hour, it wasn't nice. Finger prints and all that shit taken..

And a 4 game banning order, loada tosh if you ask me.

Take it easy tomorrow everyone.

Archived