IGNORED

Embarrassing

TommoBS3

Are you ******* dumb or something? Do you mot think Celtic or Rangers fans wouldnt storm the pitch given the chance? Or Spurs and Arsenal fans? I think they would... To say that just people from Bristol like football violence is laughable..

We won a little pitch invasion occured and a few horses came on.. Jesus christ shut up and enjoy the win you bellend

I am enjoying it. however I have been texted by fans of other clubs in England and Scotland saying its a piss poor show all round, and just cos other "fans" do it does not make it better....Enjoy your night "bellend" crack on with your 80s retro happening

I thought it was cringeworthy but the sags done the same in 2007.

Oh so that justifies the pitch invasion and any punishment handed out by the Football League..

Amazed at some responses. Football is historically a partizan, working class sport.

We have had absolute bugger all to cheer about for far too long. Today was a lose-lose scenario. Win, and we we're expected to. Lose and as all know we lost.

No, I was not on the pitch. No it is not my normal reaction. But finally we have seen some passion at the Gate, and in football which is being weeded out and becoming more benign in general.

I saw in the mid 90's rovers players being chased off the pitch and absolutely stand against that. But tonight was kids and a few tanked up blokes.

Kids will be stupid, and will ultimately grow up. Those blokes are drunk and should by now know their limits... But hands up I had a few by now.

Any unsavoury scenes outside the ground are pathetic... But imho glad to see the passion back at the Gate in even an over exaggerated form.

Let us not forget we are celebrating a VERY long overdue victory against a local rival - and by that I don't mean long overdue against them (though it was) just long-overdue (Palace aside) against a fuill strength outfit.

Not been much to cheer about this season (though not pessimistic) but whilst we can, cheer and cheer away.

Amazed at some responses. Football is historically a partizan, working class sport.

We have had absolute bugger all to cheer about for far too long. Today was a lose-lose scenario. Win, and we we're expected to. Lose and as all know we lost.

No, I was not on the pitch. No it is not my normal reaction. But finally we have seen some passion at the Gate, and in football which is being weeded out and becoming more benign in general.

I saw in the mid 90's rovers players being chased off the pitch and absolutely stand against that. But tonight was kids and a few tanked up blokes.

Kids will be stupid, and will ultimately grow up. Those blokes are drunk and should by now know their limits... But hands up I had a few by now.

Any unsavoury scenes outside the ground are pathetic... But imho glad to see the passion back at the Gate in even an over exaggerated form.

Let us not forget we are celebrating a VERY long overdue victory against a local rival - and by that I don't mean long overdue against them (though it was) just long-overdue (Palace aside) against a fuill strength outfit.

Not been much to cheer about this season (though not pessimistic) but whilst we can, cheer and cheer away.

Well said.

Can't be arsed to read through this whole thing but its a derby you won ... Pitch invasion is standard ... As for the sad fattys in the bottom corner of dolman ... Different story .. Know one or two of them from nailsea same old pack mentality knobs had issues with them in the past quiet as a mouse on there own

I only watched it on telly but it did seem a bit embarrassing. Never understood why grown men would want to get pitchside to abuse a player? On the other hand, where were the stewards and ob to move them on??

Anyway, great result and a good game. At times we looked shit hot first half and chuffed for Joe Bryan picking up his first goal against those mugs.

As an exile, I only managed to watch the game on tv. I didn't think the pitch invasion made us look too bad. Ok, I was somewhat concerned when the focus of the invasion was on goading the away support rather than simply celebrating our victory, but it didn't look to me that anyone crossed 'the line'.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Violence-erupts-Bristol-derby/story-19751616-detail/story.html

Not saying they are not prone to some exaggeration now and again, but assuming it is true, 3 PCs getting injured is hardly just good natured banter.

Police and Stewards should have been all over this - bloody obvious when and where it was about to happen!

Should add, my guess is that this happened outside the ground (and could have been by either set of fans) and is being rolled in to this story, but nonetheless.

As an exile, I only managed to watch the game on tv. I didn't think the pitch invasion made us look too bad. Ok, I was somewhat concerned when the focus of the invasion was on goading the away support rather than simply celebrating our victory, but it didn't look to me that anyone crossed 'the line'.

I can only go by what I'm hearing on Twitter, but many Rovers fans are saying women and kids were being coined and chairs thrown at them.

As I say only 2nd hand reports but if true a bit worse than a few jolly japes in celebration

I only watched it on telly but it did seem a bit embarrassing. Never understood why grown men would want to get pitchside to abuse a player? On the other hand, where were the stewards and ob to move them on??

Anyway, great result and a good game. At times we looked shit hot first half and chuffed for Joe Bryan picking up his first goal against those mugs.

Behave. I did not see anyone giving it large to players! I just saw SOME (emphasise some as the overwhelming majority were still in the stands) giving it large to away fans.

My opinion is why not posture? Antagonistic it may be but the chants for 90 minutes long are antagonistic. If you can't stand up to the bad without being offended don't chant the good!

It was an isolated incident of kids experiencing their first derby and acting pillocks - as kids overwhelmingly do. And blokes overindulging as most would In a fierce derby played competitively for the first time in over a decade.

Absolute embarrasing reaction and one that has genuinely lost serious points with SOD in my eyes.

We have been through season after season in a relegation battle: we got relegated last year; we have not won a game this season: yet we face local rivals for the first time in 7 or 8 years and we have won and a few of the 18,000 in attendance enter the pitch... Boo bloody hoo. About time we had a team and a performance to be proud of. Over-exhubriant? Maybe. Replicate those results regularly and then we may not see an 'over reaction'.

I reckon the majority of those d ickheads won't have been to a game this season and won't be back again either.

Exactly this. A bunch of idiots who are probably more interested in lager and violence than a football match. This was their one game a season, and they'll be claiming they're proper fans now. Embarrassing to watch.

Tinpot on national TV, even little kids no older than 7 years old were on the pitch, where the **** were the parents?

Morons.

On the pitch too?

You can't judge them unfairly with your measured principles, this was not dinner with the in-laws, in their minds this was a fight and they won, people behave differently in these environments, many of the emotions and instincts you experience are the same as if you were at war facing an enemy.

So a pitch invasion is no biggy, was not so long ago this may have ended with rape and pillage, be thankful.

Archived