IGNORED

Embarrassing

TommoBS3

WRONG!

Tonight we saw gobby teenagers and over-exhubriant adults on the pitch... These are the types priced out of attending prem derbys because tickets for oversubscribed and are only available to ST holders who purchase those for £x'000 and daren't risk sneezing for a fear of a banning order.

You are suggesting that the loonies who invaded the pitch would attend Premier matched, instead of going to Ashton gate, if the Premiership prices were lower! That is an opinion but I can’t agree. Those who ran onto the pitch were City supporters. Many were possibly infrequent supporters, who only turn up for big matches, but they were still City supporters.

There is a lot of dislike of the “prawn sandwich” brigade, but the reality is the majority of fans at Premiership clubs don’t eat prawn sandwiches. They are just ordinary supporters. Yes, they have to pay higher prices, but they can still manage to stay off the pitch at the end of a match

Yes thanks.

What evidence do you have to the contrary? Just because I think you're a tosser doesn't mean I ran on the pitch.

Going to a Rovers game anytime soon? Or going to continue supporting from afar yet feeling the need to come on here continuously posting drivel that not one person on this forum is interested in reading?

2-1.

The evidence you require is in the quote box above ^ ;)

Already been to the Gas this season, and will also attend the next home game in a couple of weeks time, so that'll be 50% of home games so far...

What like a team who are currently in the bottom 5 of league 1? A division we have probably spent most of our recent history in. Like it or not we are small team,

Yes! I agree with you, we are a small team, although a lot of people have delusions of grandeur. Unfortunately, as I said, there are also a bunch of supporters with no sense who have a small team mentality. As long as there are people associated with the club with this attitude we will remain small. I’d prefer they went somewhere else so that we were left with supporters who want the club to move forward

You are suggesting that the loonies who invaded the pitch would attend Premier matched, instead of going to Ashton gate, if the Premier League prices were lower! That is an opinion but I cant agree. Those who ran onto the pitch were City supporters. Many were possibly infrequent supporters, who only turn up for big matches, but they were still City supporters.

There is a lot of dislike of the prawn sandwich brigade, but the reality is the majority of fans at Premier League clubs dont eat prawn sandwiches. They are just ordinary supporters. Yes, they have to pay higher prices, but they can still manage to stay off the pitch at the end of a match

Instead of was not the point I was making.

The point I was going for was a striking generalisation agreed, but disproportionately the fans on the pitch are not the type that could, if they wish, attend a Prem game. A number of reasons for this, finances being one, demand being another (by demand I mean tickets going no further than to established season ticket holders).

So to say there are no invasions at Man U v Man City is not really a point made on a level footing.

good god was anyone on here at eastvill in our promotion season 76?

0-0 draw,30,000 crowd.

at the final wistle there were more city fans coming in at the open end than leaving.

the rovers left the tote,city came frome the open end,it was bedlam in the middle of the pitch.

tonights invasion was well small fry and uncalled for, still what a player bryans gona be!!!

1976 was over 30 years ago! That was in the days when riots were common at football matches and it wasn’t safe to be an away supporter. It led to, amongst other things, fences being put around the pitch perimeter to stop people getting onto the pitch. Luckily things have moved on for most clubs / people.

Some people like living in the past, but I’ve been there, and it’s not as good as some people say it was.

I went on the pitch and don't think there is anything wrong with that we have done it tonnes of times before and we haven't played the gas for 7 years JPT or not it was part of the atmosphere we didn't give the gas players trouble or hurt anyone whats the problem?

What’s the problem? Simple, the F.A. can take action against the club – e.g. a fine – for failing to control its supporters

Two things are embarrassing

1 The pitch invasion

2 This thread!

Attacking the manager for saying the scenes were disgraceful, really, what do you expect him to say? Perhaps he should have said oh its alright they were only kids having a laugh!. He has to represent the club (who will be fined) and its official line. To say that using the word disgraceful somehow makes him unaware of the intensity of a Rovers derby is a bit churlish and completely unappreciative of the position he is in when talking to the media!

I have never read so much piffle as on this thread. On the one hand you have the usual suspects whose constant jibes at SoD are old hat and uncalled for....McIness was crap get over it! On the other hand the sanitze football lobby who seem to want to take over reaction and over emotion out of football...It cant be done! Kids and adults alike act and react in many ways and over reaction is endemic in some!...Life happens!! So best get on with it!!

WE WON....BE HAPPY FOR A DAY AT LEAST!

Whats the problem? Simple, the F.A. can take action against the club e.g. a fine for failing to control its supporters

Add to that any damage to the pitch from those 'fans' and horses - I feel sorry for the grounds team and the club who have to pay for the repairs. Like someone else suggested, perhaps those that ran on would want to contribute?

Back in the hooligan hotbed of the 70's when City used to play the big boys like Man U, Leeds etc, I remember Rovers and City fans would join together to repel the invaders. A kind of brothers in arms.

Saw many a Gas Head walking around with their colours on show in the East End, and this was the day's when Rovers were proper rivals.

Today the hatered is beyond comprehension, and the clubs are worlds apart!

Last night I saw people screaming their foul mouthed bile at bewlidered Rovers players from a couple of feet away, as if they'd just slaughtered their families!

It's like Man Utd saving all their hatered for Bury. Pathetic.

Back in the hooligan hotbed of the 70's when City used to play the big boys like Man U, Leeds etc, I remember Rovers and City fans would join together to repel the invaders. A kind of brothers in arms.

Saw many a Gas Head walking around with their colours on show in the East End, and this was the day's when Rovers were proper rivals.

Last night I saw people screaming their foul mouthed bile at bewlidered Rovers players from a couple of feet away, as if they'd just slaughtered their families!

Agreed. Everyone likes a bit of banter but some of the people I saw looked rabid with hatred. It could've been their neighbours or workmates, but to look at them, you'd think they wanted to kill them. Scary and sad

My waking thought this morning was one of embarrassment.

Even though I was one of the majority who behaved themselves last night, I had that horrible feeling where I struggled to remember exactly what had happened as though it was me who had done something stupid in a drunken haze.

Reviewing my phone videos, it all came flooding back; those zombies with the crazy eyes, taunting the petrified stewards as they prepared for the inevitable climax, the pitch invasion that should never have been.

And then the horses, grown men and children, in a not so merry dance. Grown men acting like children, children trying to act like grown men.

Was a great game, great occasion. But ultimately a great shame.

My waking thought this morning was one of embarrassment.

Even though I was one of the majority who behaved themselves last night, I had that horrible feeling where I struggled to remember exactly what had happened as though it was me who had done something stupid in a drunken haze.

Reviewing my phone videos, it all came flooding back; those zombies with the crazy eyes, taunting the petrified stewards as they prepared for the inevitable climax, the pitch invasion that should never have been.

And then the horses, grown men and children, in a not so merry dance. Grown men acting like children, children trying to act like grown men.

Was a great game, great occasion. But ultimately a great shame.

And then somehow claiming it was the police to blame!

1976 was over 30 years ago! That was in the days when riots were common at football matches and it wasnt safe to be an away supporter. It led to, amongst other things, fences being put around the pitch perimeter to stop people getting onto the pitch. Luckily things have moved on for most clubs / people.

Some people like living in the past, but Ive been there, and its not as good as some people say it was.

A lot of truth there. I started in the early 60's, before football violence for started (except for Millwall, who were always scum). When I went to Eastville, which I often did, I'd change ends at halftime to be at the end Rovers were attacking. IIRC, you couldn't do that at the Gate, so I stayed at the Open End. Segregation simply didn't happen in those days.

Now that WAS better than the 70's and a damn sight better than now.

+1

Thpught it was just the press over doing this but no. Even the senior police officer the evening stated it aas mostly jubilant fans.....and I even the commentators were reporting it such. Complete over the top comments adding fuel to the press frenzy for exagerated and false reporting. Unbelivable.

Great derby tarnished by a few fans tarnisheded by press over blowing mostly jubiliant fans just celebrating saying nothing of the misdemeanours of the gas. Tarnished by a very bitter Dunford totally fabricating the facts and tarnished by comments here.

Archived