IGNORED

Embarrassing

TommoBS3

Haha at the reaction on here.

Not sure how it looked on tv but anyone there would have seen it was 80% young kids who went over the goad. Was a punch thrown?

Just a bit of revenge after 2007.

There were quite a lots of things thrown at away fans and police. There was at least one punch thrown at a police horse no less.

There are local derbies in the Premier League all the time. No pitch invasions because big club supporters can cope with beating their rivals without going looney.

All City did tonight was beat a league 2 team in the first round of thy JPT! A pitch invasion illustrates a small team mentality by a bunch of supporters with a small

WRONG!

Tonight we saw gobby teenagers and over-exhubriant adults on the pitch... These are the types priced out of attending prem derbys because tickets for oversubscribed and are only available to ST holders who purchase those for £x'000 and daren't risk sneezing for a fear of a banning order.

There are local derbies in the Premier League all the time. No pitch invasions because big club supporters can cope with beating their rivals without going looney.

All City did tonight was beat a league 2 team in the first round of thy JPT! A pitch invasion illustrates a small team mentality by a bunch of supporters with a small

What like a team who are currently in the bottom 5 of league 1? A division we have probably spent most of our recent history in. Like it or not we are small team,

Well they do not ! When did you see Man Ure fans or man City fans doing this in a derby, or Celtic rangers (when they played each other) or The London derbies, or Blackburn/Bolton and on and on and on. fact is they play each other when it actually means something and we beat the gas in the P1ss pot Trophy and it ends up in a pitch invasion. It makes us look like Hill Billies. I enjoyed the moment beating them greatly, the muppets with brains the size of peas have taken the shine off it.

yes a bit pants. but do you really belive that celtic or rangers,givin a chance would not be over the barriers?

the only diffrence is there fans would have invaded the away end,unlike the children on our pitch.

Listen yea I think anyone with a brain will realise that the people who went onto the pitch at the end our not our regular fans but those who only come out for games such as tonights so for other fans to come out and start slagging these people off and saying they are this and that should think who they are talking about beacause they are not our fans but a selected bunch who wont turn up till the next derby most fans behaved themselves tonight and were a credit to our club

I can kind of 'get' the kids who just followed on - because they could, its fun, why not kind of stuff, in the heat of the moment.

Its the much smaller number of ***** that headed straight for the away fans, the beered up fatties, that made us look like spastards. Lots of great atmosphere, a much better watch than Man Utd, Chelsea recently, spoiled a little by that. There would have been many many passionate ST holders giving it at the end - whilst avoiding looking like retards.

WRONG!

Tonight we saw gobby teenagers and over-exhubriant adults on the pitch... These are the types priced out of attending prem derbys because tickets for oversubscribed and are only available to ST holders who purchase those for £x'000 and daren't risk sneezing for a fear of a banning order.

That's looking like an attractive solution right there. I think if there's a next time the club will charge full price plus a bit and keep the chavs out. I won't blame them one bit.

Charging like a moron at away fans is not passion for me.

If that was charging like a moron you'd have despised football in the 70's and 80's. This was an over-exhubriant showing by an insignificant MINORITY at the final whistle, during which even fewer scenes of aggression were visible, by an extreme minority of scum amongst an exteme minority of overexagerated celebrations by a few amongst a majority of fans.

Anyone involved in violence should be banned. It seems - from comments posted on another thread - that the throwing of objects wasn't just one-way traffic.

As someone stuck 120 miles away - and who had to frustratingly miss 25 minutes of match action whilst sorting out a bit of errant hardware - I just wish Otib was focusing more on the 96 minutes of play, rather than what looked on Sky to be a fairly minor pitch invasion - mainly down, I'd suggest to over-exuberance - with a tiny amount of ritual squaring up by a few dozen nondies.

It was a bit embarrassing, but let's just keep things in perspective and leave it for the EP to big up the 'disorder'. Even the not normally level-headed A&S Police are stressing that the trouble was fairly minor.

What the **** has benefits got to do with that you ****!!! Get your head out of your Daily Mail and smell the coffee. If and when any arrested are in court it is highly likely they will all be in full employment. People on benefits can't ******* afford to attend football matches anymore!!!

without reading anything else, agree completely andy. I know lets scapegoat the less unfortunate, just what the elitist government want, great. Get a ******* grip people in full employment will have been on the pitch a the end as well as those who don't work due to circumstance. The government puts a 10% increase on wages whilst everyone else suffers, but lets blame the scapegoat, just ******* perfect. CUPID STUNTS.

Name me a team that wouldnt have invaded the pitch in a local derby.. Take out the prem teams and every other team lower down would.. Wish everyone would shut the fo0k up about it.. I expect most other fans were impressed by the atmosphere and probably laughed at the invasion

I agree with this entirely. there was banter, but this was the first derby game in years. I don't condone violence in any form but the pitch invasion was good natured from what I saw.

That's looking like an attractive solution right there. I think if there's a next time the club will charge full price plus a bit and keep the chavs out. I won't blame them one bit.

Whereas I think next time show the, per a particularly famous law lord, 'customary phlegm'.

This is football. Why it is okay to sing 'he made me feel sick, so I hit him with a brick' but not walk over to an away end (although not a journey I would undertake). Each are equally aggressive, as are 'stand up if you HATE the gas' 'f-off Irene', 'we all hate gas scum' etc etc etc.

A small incident by a few completely overexaggerated.

Damn idiots, total disgrace. Round 1 of JPT get a grip. Makes you embarrassed

All should be banned for life! Feel very sad about it all, heard dad( think it was) saying to son, who was prob 8or9,on walking out of ground, say that was f ing brilliant, have to get home quick, might be able to see self running on pitch!

Whereas I think next time show the, per a particularly famous law lord, 'customary phlegm'.

This is football. Why it is okay to sing 'he made me feel sick, so I hit him with a brick' but not walk over to an away end (although not a journey I would undertake). Each are equally aggressive, as are 'stand up if you HATE the gas' 'f-off Irene', 'we all hate gas scum' etc etc etc.

It wasn't a small incident by a few, there were hundreds of the scumbags. Objects were thrown at away fans and police.

It was not the passive aggressive banter of singing songs, it was directly confrontational and very close to boiling over.

You can play it down all you like but the club, the FA and police will look at the CCTV evidence, which will be incontrovertible.

There'll be banning orders by the dozen and the club will get a fine at least for this I am certain.

There's a massive difference. Those fans running at the Rovers fans could - and should - have caused a riot. Then we could've had another Hillsboro on our hands. The Rovers fans showed impressive restraint.

All should be banned for life! Feel very sad about it all, heard dad( think it was) saying to son, who was prob 8or9,on walking out of ground, say that was f ing brilliant, have to get home quick, might be able to see self running on pitch!

Really? 14,15 and 16 year old lads being over-exhubriant banned for life? I guess you never did anything you shouldn't have when hormonal and testing the boundaries.

About time people got some bloody perspective here.

In the stands sing what you want - including inciting violence (he made me feel sick, so I hit him with a brick) - but approach other fans at the final whistle even though seperated by police and stewards and never come back for life. Please.

good god was anyone on here at eastvill in our promotion season 76?

0-0 draw,30,000 crowd.

at the final wistle there were more city fans coming in at the open end than leaving.

the rovers left the tote,city came frome the open end,it was bedlam in the middle of the pitch.

tonights invasion was well small fry and uncalled for, still what a player bryans gona be!!!

There's a massive difference. Those fans running at the Rovers fans could - and should - have caused a riot. Then we could've had another Hillsboro on our hands. The Rovers fans showed impressive restraint.

Jesus. 'Could and should have caused a riot'. Really... Should have caused a riot. Think about that!

Had I been on the defeated team my response is 'ah well take the good with the bad', not let's smack some late-maturing adult or boozed-up tattoed 20 stone bloke. I can say that as I have seen us beaten in a derby, by Rovers, and not just when Lambert scored.

I have seen posturing, I have seen giving it large, and I have seen us giving it large. Part of the game, to be expected, and for me completely inoffensive... Not that I'd promote it.

good god was anyone on here at eastvill in our promotion season 76?

0-0 draw,30,000 crowd.

at the final wistle there were more city fans coming in at the open end than leaving.

the rovers left the tote,city came frome the open end,it was bedlam in the middle of the pitch.

tonights invasion was well small fry and uncalled for, still what a player bryans gona be!!!

ummm, we are not in the 70s. Thank god.

Football has moved on for the better.

Jesus. 'Could and should have caused a riot'. Really... Should have caused a riot. Think about that!

Had I been on the defeated team my response is 'ah well take the good with the bad', not let's smack some late-maturing adult or boozed-up tattoed 20 stone bloke. I can say that as I have seen us beaten in a derby, by Rovers, and not just when Lambert scored.

I have seen posturing, I have seen giving it large, and I have seen us giving it large. Part of the game, to be expected, and for me completely inoffensive... Not that I'd promote it.

By 'should', I meant that tensions were running VERY high. That's why the riot police appeared with batons. Yes, there was good-natured banter but there was also nasty abuse. It could've got out of hand

Archived